Torchlight Frontiers - PAX West Gameplay

Posted this first on the forums again a few days back.:biggrin:

Anyway still not interested in this shared online game world.

Over 10 years later and Mythos finally gets a spiritual successor. Playing the Mythos beta was still more fun than any other ARPG i've had my hands on. Hopefully this is similar.

Was skipping through looking for actual gameplay and heard someone say "true MMO". That's one more game I don't need to care about.

I wish them luck. Though I bought their prior Torchlight games, I'm not their target audience anymore with the switch to mmo.

Yeah, game is dead to me, as are the devs.

The dev in the video (at around 38:00) tries to explain the dumbing down and "actionization" (less stats, automatic stats, no character levels, no real thinking required, just casually clicking around) away as some great kind of achievement.

This game appears to be suffering an identity crisis. At the 38min mark in the vid the dev waffles on about getting rid of character levels and stats etc.. yet can quite clearly see enemies have levels. I don't want to pre-judge as I was a fan of Torchlight 1 and 2 but it seems they may have dumbed down the experience in what was already not an over-complicated series. I hope it doesn't become a brainless clicker with loot. Should be a mobile game if that is the case.

Back
Top Bottom