|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Tech Help » Stupid question, but … (ForceWare Driver Version sought)

Default Stupid question, but … (ForceWare Driver Version sought)

October 21st, 2008, 18:54
… at which point in the WinXP system can I find out which version of ForceWare my system has ?

I've got an MSI board, called "K9N Neo V2 / V3" with "nForce 520 / 560 Chipset".

I've already tried the applet from the NVidia web page which tries to detect the most current driver automaticvally, and it says I've got an 520 chipset.

Alrik
--
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

October 21st, 2008, 19:32
NVidia Control Panel (findable in Control Panel) has the information (Help > System Information).

VPeric

Sentinel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

October 21st, 2008, 19:59
Hm, all I can see there are video driver specific informations.

Edit: To make this clear: I'm looking for the mainboard driver version number, not the version number of the graphics card driver !
--
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)
Last edited by Alrik Fassbauer; October 21st, 2008 at 20:11.

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

October 21st, 2008, 20:20
Ah, that's because ForceWare is what the graphic cards drivers are called; the drivers you're looking for are simply "nForce drivers" - I should've been more careful in the first read of your post, sorry.

The information you're actually looking is surprisingly difficult to find, and I've no idea how to help you (I Googled around even, but the best advice I've found is to manually check file versions (in the Device Manager) and compare to what is offered by Nvidia).

VPeric

Sentinel

October 21st, 2008, 21:46
Okay, thanks.

I think I should've been clearer, but I thought that this was the right term.
--

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

October 22nd, 2008, 00:31
Believe it ot not, the mainboard revision/version number can be found on the mainboard! and not detected in the system software - usually a small sticker or label near to the expansion slots and near to a mainboard corner.

Wulf

Inquisitor

October 22nd, 2008, 16:48
Uh, I actually meant the driver's version, I think I have a huge communications problem …
--

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

October 23rd, 2008, 13:03
device manager is the thing you need
--
so very, very tired (Star Trek XI quote according to the Simpsons)

Bartacus

BartWatch

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Tech Help » Stupid question, but … (ForceWare Driver Version sought)