Cyberpunk 2077 - E3 Demo Impressions

Is anybody actually complaining about this besides Chien, though?

Here no, elsewhere I've seen people complaining about the lack of black people when the trailer released.

Considering we see a woman totally chromed, people can probably have whatever skintone they want in Cyberpunk via skin implants and cybertech. If CDPR decided to go crazy like the setting, there might even be furries, sharkman and other physical cybertech alteration that make you less than human looking.

Found something that might interest @Thrasher;. Looks like the press release talks a bit about their cyberspace content design.

Also, the description of the interactive dialogue system sound more like Mass Effect interrupts system, instead of the more adventure-like system the interview seems to convey. Maybe it's a mix of the two.

Here no, elsewhere I've seen people complaining about the lack of black people when the trailer released.

Considering we see a woman totally chromed, people can probably have whatever skintone they want in Cyberpunk via skin implants and cybertech. If CDPR decided to go crazy like the setting, there might even be furries, sharkman and other physical cybertech alteration that make you less than human looking.

Well, in TW III there were Dwarfs, Elves, Halflings, Dryads, Gnomes and plenty of other assorted non-humans, jet there those who still complained about the lack of diversity.

Some impressions from Aussie Ytubers, interesting: they state that writing/acting reminds them a lot of the Wire. Tbh, I never watched it: is it any good?
Also how everything moves at a much faster, direct pace, right from the start.

Well, in TW III there were Dwarfs, Elves, Halflings, Dryads, Gnomes and plenty of other assorted non-humans, jet there those who still complained about the lack of diversity.

I personally identify myself as a pink attack helicopter and we were not represented in any shape or form. Imagine my disappointment.

@BoboTheMighty; The Wire was fantastic.

Not from a political but from an artistic point of view it would imho be a wasted opportunity not to include humans of every known ethnic group in a setting like this.
The concept of Night City screams for variety in its inhabitants.

Yes, could be nice. Or, worst case, its just the witcher sense with lasers.

Mike makes an interesting statement: Your Inventory is gonna shift based on what you know.
So your character will need stats/or knowledge skills to be able to use certain items.
Seems they really doubled down on rpg mechanics, imagine if other games follow up on this.

Third person has it's own pros tho:

5D80B2954E754B184FDDB7DFBD365BACCC7B9382
Never understand how these mods fit/work in Bethesda games.

To many perverts I guess.:p

Wish I could find that old cartoon parody video about Skyrim mods destroying the game.

might even be furries, sharkman and other physical cybertech alteration that make you less than human looking.
Please for all that's holy let that crap stay with Bethesda and BioWare Mods.

Please for all that's holy let that crap stay with Bethesda and BioWare Mods.

You don't think the hottest tech in town would look better with pointy ears?
screen-the-hottest-tech-in-town-en.jpg

Found something that might interest @Thrasher;. Looks like the press release talks a bit about their cyberspace content design.

Also, the description of the interactive dialogue system sound more like Mass Effect interrupts system, instead of the more adventure-like system the interview seems to convey. Maybe it's a mix of the two.
Finally someone else noticed!

Everyone and their mother says dx and only dx. Ignoring the obvious what I posted yesterday:
- "CDpr makes grandscale" dx/me hybrid…
Sorry, I know it's pretty much irrelevant thing today, but I just had to post this.

I would love to see this be the next rpgwatch poll question. Something like, “After hearing that Cyberpunk 2077 is a first-person perspective, are you

More excited
Was interested, still am
Was interested, now not
Didn’t care but now I’m interested
Didn’t care before and still don’t

Fpp is terrible for stealth. And for melee combat against mobs. And any gameplay dependent on situational awareness. But it’s great for shooting. Just sayin’...

Also great for immersion. Prefer first person in any game, regardless of how it may not be best for omniscience.

I would love to see this be the next rpgwatch poll question. Something like, “After hearing that Cyberpunk 2077 is a first-person perspective, are you

More excited
Was interested, still am
Was interested, now not
Didn’t care but now I’m interested
Didn’t care before and still don’t

Nice poll, but I'm pretty sure the two first options would get the massive majority of votes (the ones who prefer FP view would take the first, and those who prefer TP view would take the second). I don't think many people will skip the game because it's FP, nor do I think people are suddenly interested because of that reason alone.

Edit: Noticed the poll Couch made. I like the options there better, but kudos for the poll idea!

Fpp is terrible for stealth. And for melee combat against mobs. And any gameplay dependent on situational awareness. But it’s great for shooting. Just sayin’…
And I'm just saying'…
Plenty of people here refused to play FarCry3. Those who dared to try it, didn't try stealth in it. Or melee combat against mobs. No, it's not terrible. It's fun!
Yea... You should use m/k for all that.

Edit: Noticed the poll Couch made. I like the options there better, but kudos for the poll idea!
Yeah I decided to simplify the options instead of creating different variants.:)

Nah I'll say sometime in 2019-20 as they have another RPG in development that hasn't been officially announced yet for a 2020-22 release according to the last investor report.

Also don't forget this game started pre-production in 2013 but was delayed due to Witcher 3, and it's expansions. This is talked about in the last interview video.

this settles it I think
CD Projekt has alluded to the fact before and trying to clarify exactly what formats the game will be released on involved a series of nervous questions between CD Projekt staff, unsure of what exactly they should be saying. Eventually we got them to admit it would be coming out on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC, with a nervous little laugh making it clear that also appearing on next gen consoles was very much the plan (which also gives a hint as to when the game will be released).

Back
Top Bottom