Anthem - Live Action Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
DSOGaming reports on a live action trailer for Anthem.

Electronic Arts has collaborated with Oats Studios and Neill Blomkamp for a live-action trailer for Bioware's upcoming multiplayer title, Anthem. This trailer showcases a story of survival set in the world of Anthem, decades before the events of the game, and looks absolutely phenomenal.

[...]

More information.

The video started well.. the scenarios looked beautiful and enthralling, the bald woman in the forest looked mystical, thrilling...

Then the acting started and made it all so cringe-worthy, and the action scenes drawn from a cheap amateur C-production and I just couldn't finish watching it.

Is this a measure of how much EA are willing to splash out on pushing this game or how far Neil Blomkamp has fallen? Here's a video to prove how significant we believe this game will be (i.e. give us all of your money).

Is this a measure of how much EA are willing to splash out on pushing this game or how far Neil Blomkamp has fallen? Here's a video to prove how significant we believe this game will be (i.e. give us all of your money).

Option A. There's nothing new or revolutionary about marketing budgets that match a game's development budget; it's been standard practice for EA, Bethesda, and other high profile AAA developers.

Neil Blomkamp has been doing short films for a while. https://oatsstudios.com

Couldn't watch it beyond 03:10.. Sorry!! :D
This trailer was possibly the only fun part of the IP Anthem. Horribly stupid writing. Had a good laugh on the live actors. Poor girl had to lose her hair: good news it grows back! Jesus..... A V O I D W A R E !!!!!

A V O I D W A R E !!!!!

This atrocious mmo needs a honest trailer about the scam integrated inside it:
https://www.pcgamer.com/anthem-microtransactions-what-you-can-buy-in-anthems-cosmetic-store/
Anthem microtransactions: what you can buy in Anthem's cosmetic store
9znGQA5JYgg5Yjq6RFTSDb-650-80.jpg

These unlock arm, chest, and leg armour pieces for a specific Javelin, which you can equip in the Forge after purchase. These are the priciest items in the first round of store products, costing 61,000 Coin / 850 Shards per set.
Shards must be purchased with real money through the Origin store. Here are the current prices as of launch.

500 Shards: $4.99/£3.99

1050 Shards: $9.99/£7.99

2200 Shards: $19.99/£15.99

4600 Shards: $39.99/£31.99

And here it is. The honest trailer:

Ugg. I know its a losing battle .. or already lost. Old I guess. I hate MT's with a passion. Not just for games either - hate them at hotels, on planes, when buying gadgets with "accessories", or even bills where you get nickel and dimed to death on all these little charges.

Love modded games for this reason which also causes me concern that eventually the big modded games like FO and TES games will not last as to me it seems like MT's are in conflict with mods as one is free and one is not.

Anyhow Anthem doesn't interest me even the remotest. Wrong generation or wrong personality I guess.

I'm pretty sure it's not about your generation.

My own completely unique and bold theory is that people like different things for different reasons.

Of course, that's no reason not to try and create a generational cliff - as those are way cooler :)

I'll be glad when this game is released and I hear more about the next Dragon Age game. I only hope it's not another Origin online server as lets face it's EA.

Their own CEO said he despises SP and SP games are not profitable. Lets not forget his talk about gamer's have no idea what they want with the new C&C mobile game.

sensational-old-man-in-rocking-chair-picture-pictures-concept.jpg

"Threads sure are lively today."

"Yup."

Today I learned that "item rotation" is a thing. That's awful.

Of course it shouldn't bother me as I won't play the game, but I'm still sad about what the business model of the big guys has become.

Oh, I can't wait for the unlockable-with-real-world-money-only javelins… :biggrin:

I seriously hope they are not stupid enough to actually do that.

And yes, the rotation scheme is a pretty cheap move.

Oh, I can't wait for the unlockable-with-real-world-money-only javelins… :biggrin:

I seriously hope they are not stupid enough to actually do that.

And yes, the rotation scheme is a pretty cheap move.

I don't mean to disturb the conspiracy fantasy, but you do realise that you can buy everything in that cosmetics rotation with in-game coin, right? :)

In fact, I think I can afford everything in that picture - and I've made exactly zero effort in terms of grinding coin.

But I know, I know - it's all part of the terrible game design conspiracy out to ruin our games - counter to what the nice altruistic publishers of the past used to do.

but I'm still sad about what the business model of the big guys has become.

The big guys are hated because of who they are not because of what they do.

Apparently, EA spilled the beans: players do not know what they want, then it is part of the servants' job to second guess players'desires.

Red Alert is such a bad example to take on this site, the same site where players were unable to meet the low skill requirement of a product like PoE and that ended in the UgoIgo transformation fiasco.

Red Alert is much more demanding in terms of skills. Players do not want it to ressurect.

Ressurecting it will only send players back to an image of themselves they are not pleased.

They play vid products to feel empowered, to feel leet. Not the opposite.

I don't mean to disturb the conspiracy fantasy, but you do realise that you can buy everything in that cosmetics rotation with in-game coin, right? :)

What I was posting about, was the following excerpt referenced in the video.

The one thing that isn’t strictly cosmetic BioWare mentioned might cost real money in the future are new Javelin suits. There weren’t any concrete plans in the works when we spoke with the developer, but in the future, if BioWare does decide to release more javelin suits you may have to buy premium currency to unlock them. But if you decide to buy a new javelin suit – if and when they’re available – they’ll just be another option of playstyle, not a requirement to experience the content.
https://za.ign.com/bioware-edmonton...rything-we-learned-after-20-hours-of-gameplay

Whether everything that is available now can be bought by ingame coins or not misses the point.

Sure, it's speculation, but it seems it speculation on Bioware's side, too. Floating the idea to see how it is received. And if enough of the sheep step in to defend it, they might just think they'll get away with hiding new javelins behind a paywall.

Back
Top Bottom