Mutant Year Zero - Stalker Trials February 26th

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden has new DLC coming February 26th called Stalker Trials.

Stalker Trials Coming to PC February 26

20 Feb @ 2:53am - Jens Erik (Community Manager)

Greetings mutants and stalkers!

Today we are incredibly excited to announce that Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden is expanding with the addition of Stalker Trials, a challenge mode that will truly put your skills to the test. We're re-populating the game's maps with different types of enemies to create new challenges for you and your chosen team of stalkers.

de356267f0b21170458287624de40cc208104746.jpg

We'll be rolling out the Stalker Trials on PC in a free update next week, on February 26th, so mark your calendars and get ready to gear up! Consoles will get this update at a later date.

a8525b055fb429d77085129d83d7a43033f23d0a.jpg

Sneak and fight to impress Pripp

The Stalker Trials give you access to all characters, with all mutations and skills unlocked, but you will have to buy and upgrade your weapons and armor before heading out. Once you're satisfied with your loadout you can journey into the Zone and link up with Pripp, the bartender. He's the brains behind the Stalker Trials, and will score you on your progress as you fight your way through an area. Your rewards will be new items and equipment that you can either use on a new map, or sett at Iridia's shop.

Your progress will be noted down on the in-game leaderboards and the weekly and all-time top Stalker will have an NPC named after them for other players to take down. Pripp will also reward you with extra points if you clear a map in certain ways, for example by not taking damage or not using explosives.

f721a3ce3fa9290c9fd0700f13872562d129168e.jpg

97c8610063b40ca0ea126541f5f87173b64f3e2d.jpg

Watch this space

It's been a fantastic two months since the launch on Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden in December, 2018. We've been following your tweets, forum and Reddit posts, YouTube videos and Twitch streams and it's been an absolute blast to see what you've thought about the game.

During the time since launch we've been working on fixing bugs and issues with the game. Several of those fixes will come out alongside the Stalker Trials, on February 26. We will also continue to roll out additional patches as needed.

Keep watching this space. We've got even more stuff coming down the line, but we're not quite ready to talk about that just yet.
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

That doesn't sound like much of a… OH! It's FREE!!

Hum. The combat was ok but I would like to see more story content as that was the strength. Then again this dlc is probably relatively light weight with regards to development effort and a story dlc would likely require a bit more effort - they probably have one in the works just won't be free and probably not far enough along to announce. Then again free dlc probably means the game did reasonably well.

great game and enjoyed it a lot. I Wish this refreshing game was a bit longer...

Haven't played this yet but I do look forward to it. It seems one big critique is it is a little short and light on content, so I hope we'll see some story-based DLC at some point.

I think this one is still due to have more content hit at some point, so I'm still holding off for now. I'm interested and like what I see, but I want it all be to available when I'm prepared to play.

I plan to furiously play this game, after I'm finished with Tactics Ogre: One Vision MOD in the next 10 years!

Hum. The combat was ok but I would like to see more story content as that was the strength.

Was there any quality in the story? Some surprise, twist, depth? Or just average reason to explore as its mainly X-Com like game without NPCs to talk to?

There was mild twist in the end but very mild and very guess-able. Having said that it is a narrative not an rpg branching story - your actions have little to do with the narrative that will be presented but it is well presented. It is a light well done game. All parts well done but none of it exceptional when you compare it to real rpg or strategy games. I liked it and for the price i can recommend it.

Was there any quality in the story? Some surprise, twist, depth? Or just average reason to explore as its mainly X-Com like game without NPCs to talk to?

Back
Top Bottom