Moderator appreciation thread

well everybody said it already: no flames. There have been some heated discussions, especially in religion en politics. But that has to be there.

I am maybe not the most regular poster or active member, don't care about it.
But this is the only gaming forum that keeps me coming back for more, news, games news, off topic and such.

Like some said before: most are real mature over here. and that is why even jokes can be made easily (huh corwin, bart and cm :p)

keep up the good work guys/girls even if you say there isn't that much work :p

Thanks for the kind words.
BTW I don't want to say this too often too him, because its not good for his ego, but Gorath is right :)

As for having less visitors than we used to have at RPGDot, that is not true anymore. We are still climbing and have 1.2 million visitors a month. That's about what RPGDot did as well. These visitors however visit the news page most of the time and not the forums, but that is not different from RPGDot.
At RPGDot the most posts were made in the NFG forum, which was a closed forum, for members only. So the high activity was limited a lot to that forum only. For the rest the forums of RPGDot were dead, they still are from the looks of it.

Sure, is, the only problem I have with this forum is that it is not active enough!

I think all forums have their active period and not-so-active period.

I also want to follow PJ's example and thank all the mods. Especially for super fast news ;)

The news is fast, because we have news posters in all 3 major time regions. At any hour of the day, one of the team will usually be around. We also have wonderful members who regularly email us about news items we may have missed. Everything here is a team effort and I think it shows.

BTW I don't want to say this too often too him, because its not good for his ego, but Gorath is right :)

If anything on this forum is bigger than my ego I want it put to the wall and shot immediately! :gorath:

RPG Watch is a very enjoyable forum indeed. My theory is that the people who come here are veteran roleplayers. This means a few things. It means that they are probably older than the average gamer. They started to enjoy roleplaying games while they were intellectual challenge, which means that they are also of an above average intellect and perhaps also an above average education. These attributes makes them wiser than the average gamer, more pragmatic in their opinions, more diplomatic/tactic when dealing with others.

Religion and politics are topics that might spark conflict, but even in those forums the tone is usually calm.

Well, having engineers and to-be engineers here says it all :p

I'm not old JM, but I did like some of the old-school RPGs. I'm not hardcore enough or masochistic enough to finish the old ones though.

Well, back on-topic. thanks for the great administration and moderation of the forums. I'm not the most active member here, but I sometimes rise up to some posts. Usually lurking though. (Waiting for an online RP-ing game like we had at the dot with the Shadows and the other one. :) )

I don't think that I'm older than the average gamer: 24 I think I am the average gamer from age.
I wouldn't call me an veteran. My first rpg:Diablo and after that was Gothic my next rpg :)

If anything on this forum is bigger than my ego I want it put to the wall and shot immediately! :gorath:

All praise the mighty Gorath! :)

Btw, I don't even consider myself a veteran gamer neither. I started to play on my sega 16 bit console at the age of 12. Today I'm 28 and I play like 4 games a year. But I think it's true that most members here are mature and have a higher education level. Off course we have others like CM too who I absolutely adore.

PJ said that the folks here aren't likely to be nicer than elsewhere, but there I disagree. The reasons I stick mainly to here and GamerDad (and Goozex to an extent) is that the community *is* really much nicer. And like everyone has said, there have been heated discussions and a few blow-ups (heck, I've had my share) but in the end we all take a breath, apologize, and move on respectfully - and hopefully learn something on the way.

I think respect is the key here. The mods show it in how they handle the heated debates, we all show it to each other in our comments and responses. I have yet to see another site that has this low a level of flaming.

Yes yes all that have been said are true! I have been lurking on this forum almost since it was first made! I liked it so much that I am still here! That doesn't happen to often believe me! Beside the fact that the members are polite and very nice, you guys are also good at answering questions ranging many different subjects! From games to technical issues to political (is it spelt like that?)

I want to thank not only the mods... but all forumers here that are making this forum as it is! Good work!

Congratulations!

Eight years of RPGWatch:

October 2006 - October 2014 (2920 days = 70080 hours). That's a long time.
A big Thank You to all staff members (old and new) that make this free RPG-site possible. I appreciate all the work and free time you spend for this ongoing project.

There's rarely a day in my life without at least a short visit.
A virtual :party: for all of you - Cheers!

Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Eight years of RPGWatch:

October 2006 - October 2014 (2920 days = 70080 hours). That's a long time.
A big Thank You to to all staff members (old and new) that make this free RPG-site possible. I appreciate all the work and free time you spend for this ongoing project.

There's rarely a day in my life without at least a short visit.
A virtual :party: for all of you - Cheers!

Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Wow, I'm getting old !!! (in my mid 20s :D)

I've spent a quarter of my life going to this website ... That's mad!

Thanks everyone. Especially Myrthos and the original mod team for making this possible! (Gorath, Jaz et al)

A big thank you to the noobie mods and admins too (Couch et al)

Too late too name everyone. Don't be offended, I'm just lazy (unlike CouchPotato ;P)

Thanks! I actually forgot it is 8 years this month :)

WOW, 8 years and I was old when we began this place!! :) How time flies.

8 years? Whoa. The old Dot days still seem so fresh.

Back
Top Bottom