Ni No Kuni 2 - Releasing November 10th

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@PCGamer Ni No Kuni 2 is releasing November 10th on PC.

The sequel looks just as beautiful, but shakes up the combat of Ni No Kuni, moving it from 1v1, almost Pokemon-like fights to larger scale encounters that reminded James of Pikmin. We don't know a whole lot more about the game beyond the combat trailer seen above, but it's encouraging to see publisher Bandai Namco release a hard date without having to specify a separate one for PC.
More information.

Heard only good stuff about the first game. That will probably get ported to PC at the same time as Red Dead Redemption (never).

Unless mushrooms are mandatory, I'm buying.

Isn't this the one studio gimli helped make?

A vid with battles. They chat too much about nothing so skip to 3:00.

Not bad as long as it's not DS. Here's hope PC version won't feature wasd emulating mushrooms.

From further down in that Reddit thread:
https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoFR/status/874731751163273218
"@marrilyn_manson @Kayane Oops, no, we had read for the NNK2. 1 stay on PS3. Sorry for the false joy"

:(

I have the first, but haven't been far into it. It was bought mainly so I could play a game that the kids could watch, but they found the story so engaging that they wanted to see the whole thing. So… little progress has been made.

Might have to get back into it, but would have preferred to start again on PC.

I loved the first one, but this one has me dubious. From what I read they *sigh* replaced the turn based combat with twitch combat... not cool.

http://wccftech.com/level-5-ceo-rpgs-should-be-discovery/
Level-5 CEO Says RPGs Should Be About Discovery and That’s Why Ni no Kuni II Has So Many Changes

I think in RPGs, the main part of the appeal is getting that new experience – new world, new story, new adventure. If you bring in the same characters, what happens is you’re forced to bring in the previous world as well, and that defeats the purpose of creating an RPG in the first place. I thought it would be better if we created a whole new set of characters and set it in a different time period, so we can have that element of “newness.” That’s the best part about RPGs – that discovery.

It’s the same thing with the story. If you use the same battle system, you don’t get that new experience.

I hated Tits 2 having same characrters, same combat system, same music, same graphics and same maps as Tits 1, only one thing they changed was the story.
Seems at least one CEO out there understands me. Others are making darksouls clones.

Postponed for 2 months.
The new release date is January 19th, 2018.

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/885483985345757184

To me it's only good news - so many games are incoming next half of a year I cannot even predict when would I find time for this one too. On the other hand, early next year no releases planned, this one could fill the hole perfectly!

I didn't expect a cold shower.

https://www.vg247.com/2017/08/09/ni...special-editions-in-north-america-and-europe/

Namco has unveiled the different special editions that will be available for the game come January. The names and contents of these edition vary from one region to the next, and they have different names, too.

The publisher also announced that Ni no Kuni 2 is getting a season pass that’ll give you access to “two large downloadable content releases” and a supply kit.

Can't remember the last time I was very excited only to get totally disappointed before a game even got released.

But... You know already I don't care much about combat system in games. TB, RT, APB, RTwP, I like them all. The only combat system I hate with passion is any kind of QTE.

That aside, the presence of season pass means one less game for me to buy in January. Will wishlist it though and wait till the complete game version is released.

Back
Top Bottom