Dark Quest 2

N

NewDArt

Hey, I just wanted this little game to get some attention.

It's a game very much inspired by the classic boardgame HeroQuest.

I love the art style and I think it has just enough complexity - with a decent variety of classes, skills, loot and spells - to make it enjoyable in the slightly longer term.

It's still in Early Access - but it's pretty far along.

Anyway, I highly recommend it - if you're into the genre.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/453690/Dark_Quest_2/

Thanks. I never played the board game of Heroquest. I do have vague but slightly warm recollections of the old Amiga game that was based on it though. I might check this out. Is there much variety in it? Most of the screenshots seem to involve orcs.

Thanks. I never played the board game of Heroquest. I do have vague but slightly warm recollections of the old Amiga game that was based on it though. I might check this out. Is there much variety in it? Most of the screenshots seem to involve orcs.

Yes, it's very similar to that Amiga game :)

It's still quite boardgame'ish - so don't expect that much in the way of variety. But in terms of skills and spells - it has a lot more variety than the boardgame, at least.

So far, I've only played a few levels - and it's been mostly Orcs (3-4 kinds, though) and a few unique enemies.

I like Heroquest and I played the first Dark Quest, but I thought it was pretty bad, and I don't say that lightly. The reviews were quite poor too.

Don't know much about the sequel, but it would need to be a huge improvement. I'm surprised they didn't give it a different name to avoid being associate with the original.

Back
Top Bottom