Might & Magic X - Answers From The Devs

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The developers of Might & Magic X have posted a new Q&A that answers some of the fans concerns about the Early Access release.

When browsing through the forums, sometimes I read things like do the devs even read this?“, and as mentioned before here on the blog: yes, we definitely do! We read what you write about MMX all over the internet, and although it’s impossible for us to react to each of your comments and questions individually, we gather your feedback and work with it – and we’re thankful for it! Today, our game designer Marcus has answered a couple of questions that some of you have asked.
More information.

Last edited:
More good information. The big one, IMO, is right here:
16. I’d also like to have the ability to attack enemies and initiate combat myself. Getting bow to expert and master levels gives a lot of extra range, but right now I can’t initiate combat from a distance, so it doesn’t do me any good. Additionally, when I open a door to reveal an enemy, I have to move to initiate combat, when I’d rather shoot the enemy.
---
This behavior is not intended and will be fixed for the final version.

I didn't have any problems initiating combat from a distance when I played but I didn't play enough to get my bow skill to expert so maybe that only happens at longer distance.

I strongly miss monster respawn in the outdoor areas and monster nests which can be destroyed!
I hope a dung covered dung-filled dung of dungness falls on the person who asked this question. I DO NOT miss monster respawn in indoor or outdoor areas, unless there is a way to stop them (like nests) or a long timer (a year), and then with a level avoidance range (so I don't waste time with level 5 rats at level 30 when revisiting a place)

I don't have problems with or without respawn. But I have a problem without respawn bit WITH opportunities to miss out XP. So, that let's say, you start in a zone in the beginning, forget to kill some enemies and then leave it and can't return. That's XP you will never be able to get.
Or if (and I don't know if that is in the game) if one of your party members passes out and you win the fight and the passed out member does not gain XP (while his xp is not shared among the others).

"Statistics would be great: how many enemies killed, % of successful hits et cetera."

and

"I want to attack an enemy of my choice! How about targeting enemies beyond adjacent tile?" (for ranged attacks)

Seems like reasonable requests, and relatively simple to implement; I wish they took them more seriously.

They decided for tile based walking and that's set in stone and lot's of people love it.
If you don't, that's fine, but they are not going to change that. So I guess you are better off to look for another game instead of complaining that it's crap.

I missed tile-based movement in games and am very happy there is another game with it.

Joxer has got to love the answer to the first question...

Back
Top Bottom