Spiderweb Games - Geneforge Saga Bundle

Jeff finally got the demo size right :) Previously I would always initially get quite hooked on his games, but then my interest would fade before the demo ended. With GF5 he got it right though, so GF5 is the first Spiderweb game I actually bought :) And is having a blast playing I should add...

Anyway, I can understand the people who are saying $75 is expensive for a Geneforge bundle. Larger companies have previously included their entire back catalog almost for free with a new release. On the other hand, Jeff needs the money and I guess he relies on a certain niche target group to be willing to pay a fairly high price for his games. I guess it wouldn't make any sense for him to sell them any cheaper.

I would also add that by pricing it at 75$ Jeff leaves the option open to lower the price to, say, 50$ for a weekend, or make other sales.

I would never buy the bundle either. I prefer gameplay and gaming systems manipulation way over storyline. Since every Avernum game and every Geneforge game use the same exact system with very minor tweaks, it only makes sense for me to own one copy in each series. I bought one or two Avernum games and only one Geneforge game. On the rest, I just played through the demo area, which was enough for me to realize that the game system hadn't been changed.

I still find this to be an incredible deal though, for those who like storylines best and have never played any of the series.

Back
Top Bottom