Drakensang - The Dark Eye - Video @ Drakensang.info

video looks nice. This is definitely the only big budget rpg I'm looking forward to.

Agreeed, looks damn impressive, thanks Dhruin. :)

Hey does anyone know if this is in the style of NWN control scheme, point and click only or third person style, having a hard time telling from the screens?

Thanks. :)

Very nice. Animation was very smooth.

Sadly we will have to wait for about another year before we can get to play this.

Nice interview, thanks Wulf. :)

Hey does anyone know if this is in the style of NWN control scheme, point and click only or third person style, having a hard time telling from the screens?
They didn't say anything about it yet. But from my perspective it seems to be point & click like Baldur's Gate 2. Have a look at the E3 2006 video, I think that's rather clear. Companions don't simply follow the main char.

T......even playing solo sounds challenging.
Since some people were concerned about this aspect: Radon never had the goal also to make soloing possible. DraSa is meant to be a party RPG that's the main goal.

The question of soloing came directly from community. There have been some old RoA-Fans who wanted to know if it could be possible like in RoA. Some people like speedruns, they like soloing a party RPG. This question was interesting, so we picked it up when it was about party combinations.
(We only had 10 questions for free so I tried to combine some questions to get as much informations as possible ;))

When a game is good enough, like Baldur's Gate, I tend to replay it over and over, and trying new challenges (like soloing) can be fun. It's not all that important to me though, so I don't mind if it's only possible to complete the game with a party.

Drakensang certainly looks interesting; I will definetly keep an eye out for this one.

It's a game that's on my radar and in my Bookmarks. I check out the official site on a regular basis!! :)

I just hope the pc ruleset adaptation does not impair or detract from the authors original authentic story and that 3D pen and paper elements are truely transformed faithfully onto the pc. :)

I love the look and prospects and have hihg hopes for this as well!

I just hope the pc ruleset adaptation does not impair or detract from the authors original authentic story and that 3D pen and paper elements are truely transformed faithfully onto the pc. :)

Very difficult point. There have been quite some discussions on this issue.

Well, in general, there should be no problem, but the 4th edition of the rule system has become somewhat complex so that some things tend to be more difficult to implement than others.

As a sidenote on the video : This is meant to actually be an female elf. However, this has caused some discussions on the looks of her, with the result that what we see here is far from the finished form.

It gives us a good glimpse of what might possibly be, however.

Back
Top Bottom