Disco Elysium - New Title Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The game formerly known as No Truce with the Furies is now known as Disco Elysium according to this tweet.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"> Feast your eyes on a brand new title trailer for DISCO ELYSIUM! Yeah, the previous title wasn't crazy enough. It's still a groundbreaking blend of isometric RPG and hardboiled cop show - and still just as awesome! #GameTrailer #IndieGame #IndieGameDev #RPG #VideoGames #GameDev pic.twitter.com/dza0PUlEHl

— Disco Elysium (@studioZAUM) March 9, 2018[/quote]

More information.

Now that looks really unique. I almost get a Torment vibe from it. Great gritty atmosphere.

this is what gaming should be about.
finally some progress )

Graphics is great. Music is good. UI is shit. Animations are near shit level. Wrote to the developer that they should consider BIG FCKN FONTS!!!!

Like everybody else I was always reading "furries." Got used to the name by now.

The new name? Will need a lot of getting used to, too.

I wish they dared to name it Disco Inferno:

Looks quite cool. Somehow had the feeling of "This is how shadowrun should have felt like"

Shadowrun?
Not buying. Buhbye.

Looks quite cool. Somehow had the feeling of "This is how shadowrun should have felt like"

I'd go with Fallout, always had completely bland art/environment.

Odd decision , why they change it though? This sounds more like one of those rhythmic erotic games that some people keep on playing. ;)

This sounds more like one of those rhythmic erotic games that some people keep on playing. ;)

As Joxer noted, the new title is surely meant to be a reference to the classic song Disco Inferno, which is all sorts of off-beat and retro, a bit similar to the game they're showing off - and in some ways its complete opposite. But maybe that's why the game is named "Disco Heaven" instead of "Disco Hell" :p

So this title could actually tell interested customers a bit about the style of the game and the lofty ambitions behind it - if they stop, think, know what "Elysium" is, make the leap to "Inferno", and have heard of that song before. These guys seem to like making things complicated for themselves. The guy at PC Gamer didn't get it all all.

And don't bother with the Madonna cover - this is the only real and proper version:

Last edited:
Madonna cover
It's not a cover really. The arrangement from DI was only used in that concert for her song: Music.
A song that in it's original state sounds disastrous. Not to mention the boring official video that is best to be forgotten compared to the rollers spectacle from the concert.

Back
Top Bottom