Iratus: Lord of the Dead - Early Access Release Date

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A new update for Iratus: Lord of the Dead announces that the Early Access release date has been pushed back to May.

Early Access Date Announcement

Posted by Unfrozen Studios (Creator)

In October last year, we indicated that we were aiming for a February Early Access Launch. Unfortunately, we have had to revise this to May this year.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience that has been caused because we know that many of you have been looking forward to this release. There are many ideas that we want to implement in the game to make it interesting, but we underestimated the amount of work it would take. This forces us to reschedule the Early Access on Steam once again.

Although we hope to have everything polished to this moment, we certainly feel much more comfortable by choosing late spring as a target Early Access Launch window. Iratus: Lord of the Dead is our first project and we're putting all our efforts into it to make it better, but as it turns out, time planning is still not our strong suit.

Furthermore, we began cooperating with a reliable partner which we will introduce to you in the nearest future. We also want to add that we are receiving valuable support and assistance which will help us to meet our goals and prepare for Early Access Launch on Steam.

Nevertheless, development is making a lot of progress and we are not going to slow down. We continue to actively work on creating new content and implementing new features. For instance, here are our new backgrounds as well as the brand new minion and enemy:

b93cc09f67cc08296a7ec724de0e8b40_original.png

cef45f76585f6532c8df5d719ab1a424_original.png

Fallen DhampirThe Fallen Dhampir feels the burden of her curse far stronger than other minions. Having submitted herself to her vampiric nature only served to put into perspective all the things that she has lost, even though her murderous strength has not waned a bit. Her only escape from the shame and guilt of her submissions lie in brief bouts of bloody euphoria she experiences as she drains your enemies dry. She has a whole eternity ahead of her to get used to it.

7e227595a989b1e4c183d0e27d9f31b4_original.png

[...]

Dhampir

As bloody and dangerous as vampires are they still see some allure among mortal kind. Sometimes this leads to cults forming around the worshiping these bloodsuckers, a fact that they are all too willing to promote. But if normal vampires might occasionally see some popularity, the Dhampir is a full blown-celebrity! While having all the perks of a vampire with none of the downsides make her into a brooding hero that bards can swoon over, she herself has a rather easy and boring unlife marked with the occasional bouts of undead-slaying. There is also the slight issue that she is not truly immortal and will eventually die unless she fully embraces her vampire half. And while she has decided to oppose you, you wonder if she could make for a powerful ally if pushed to the brink of mortality.

To all of our backers and supporters, once again we are very sorry that we're asking for a little more time than initially planned. We cannot thank you enough for your enduring support. We promise to use the time to improve the quality of Iratus: Lord of the Dead. Please stay tuned and we will announce big news soon.

Sincerely,
Unfrozen Team
More information.

Not surprised as it was funded a few months ago. As for Early Access there was a time when I would be excited, but nowadays just let know when the game is finished.

With the early release date being shoved back like this, I doubt it will be fully released until next year. That's fine with me honestly, I've enough on my plate right now, and no need to rush a release, test it thoroughly and launch correctly.

Amazing art direction on all pictures. It will be an exciting journey to watch this team fight its way to completion.

It’s a shame it’s following that side scroller approach because I love the art, look and feel otherwise

Back
Top Bottom