Phoenix Point - Release Update

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Phoenix Point's release date has been pushed back to September to allow time for iteration and testing.

RELEASE UPDATE

The following is a brief announcement from Creative Director, Julian Gollop on the release date for Phoenix Point.

Hi! I'm Julian Gollop, the creative director on Phoenix Point and the CEO of Snapshot Games.

I'm going to get straight to it - we're delaying the release of Phoenix Point by three months, to September 2019.

I realize this is going to be disappointing news for a lot of people, and I'm really sorry about it.

Even though the game is on track to be content complete much sooner, the extra time will give us the chance to test and polish the gameplay much more extensively, and I think that the end result will be well worth it.

We didn't take this decision lightly, but I think this investment of additional time and resources will help the game live up to your expectations.

Our next backer release will be out in March with a large amount of new content - details to follow shortly.

I realise we are asking for a little bit of more patience from you, but I am sure you won't be disappointed with the product of our intensive labours.

So once again, I would like to thank all our backers for their patience and support, and I look forward to getting your feedback to backer release 4 in March.
More information.

Yet another game in the news that got pushed back.

So any bets on what game will be next.o_O

I don't have any real statistic handy, but my own gut-feeling estimate of how many great games were delayed at least once would be around 9 out of 10.

If we have to wait a few more months for something that's better - as an alternative to a rushed and unfinished release, let's just say I can find other things to whine about.

I waited almost 20 years for UFO: Enemy Unknowns spiritual successor XCOM, waiting a few more months for Julian's Phoenix Point is a drop in the ocean... ;)
I find that to be both a boon and a curse of getting older. Waiting is no longer a problem for me, however time seems to sometimes just be gone. :)

Happy to see generally positive comments about this. Having seen some gameplay and reading the lore and background, it really looks like the team is trying to shore up the best product for its backers. If it needs a few more months to marinate, so be it. I can just invest a few more hours in Long War 2, or heavens to Betsy actually play my backlog!

No problem for me. I suspect that most games get to their deadline, while still requiring another couple of months work. All credit to the studios that decide to call a delay, to finish things properly.

It's amazing how people take replies seriously. Basically I was just asking what game will be next in the news? It was not intended as a complaint but a question that's all.

I've no problem with them taking their sweet time and getting it done correctly. I'd rather wait another six to eight months rather than getting some half-baked game that takes another four months of patches to get stable. Take your time, get it done right, and I'll be there to play, no worries!

On a side note I have yet to see a crowd-funded game release on time anyway. That's not counting the ones that seem to be locked in development limbo for years.

It's amazing how people take replies seriously. Basically I was just asking what game will be next in the news? It was not intended as a complaint but a question that's all.

Black Geyser for sure. They said the game should be released Q3 2019 but considering we didn't get any meaningful update, I doubt it will meet the deadline ;):p

Black Geyser for sure. They said the game should be released Q3 2019 but considering we didn't get any meaningful update, I doubt it will meet the deadline ;):p
I never believed it would be released this year and probably not in 2020 either. It may possible be another endless development situation. Guess you were correct.

The kickstarter had a few updates but nothing substantial.

On a side note I have yet to see a crowd-funded game release on time anyway. That's not counting the ones that seem to be locked in development limbo for years.
Kingmaker was released with only 1 month delay from Kickstarter release month. But we know how that was not a good idea :D

Waiting for a few more months is a Picnic, compared to waiting For Eternity for Grimoire and Star Citizen.

Gimoire got its very well deserved ratings on Steam. Citizen shall burn in its own cinder & ash.

Back
Top Bottom