The new Resident Evil 2 game demo is very good

Arkadia7

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor
I guess Resident Evil 2 is not considered a rpg and so isn't covered here, but I see quite a few of games that I don't consider rpgs being talked about and/or covered here.

Anyway, Resident Evil 2 has a new remake/"re-imagined" game out, and the demo on steam is very impressive. If you like horror games or darkly atmospheric type games at all, it is worth checking it out. Hell, if you just like computer games, it is worth checking out.

The graphics are beautiful and the monsters are scary and with awesome gore effects, and the general suspense and voice acting and interface and game mechanics, just about everything featured in the game is done at a superb level.

I really enjoyed playing the first Resident Evil for the play station back in the day, must have been twenty years ago or more by now, early nineteen nighty-six I'm guessing. I never did play the second game, so I'll likely at least give the demo a spin at some point.

Btw how were the kb/m controls in the demo ?

I used K+M and it was fine. It feels like one of those games that would control just as well with K+M or gampad.

I agree with most of what Arkadia7 said. It seems like a quality game with great production values.

That said, I wasn't blown away by it. Probably because I've completed the original RE2 multiple times and so there's little in the way of suspense for me in terms of story/plot. From what I hear, they didn't make a lot of changes there.

As a huge fan of the franchise, I'll definitely pick it up. It'll probably be awhile before I get around to playing it though.

Do you think RE1 is a better entry point considering both the game story/layout and the playability with kb/m ?

If you're interested in the overarching story, yes, RE1 would be a better starting point. I'm not sure how well it controls with K+M though. The earlier RE games were designed with gamepads in mind, and I've never played them any other way.

It wasn't until RE4 that they switched to the over-the-shoulder view that's friendlier with K+M controls. Personally, I still prefer a good gamepad.

If the genre appeals to you at all, I'd really recommend playing the very first game. It's the only game in the series that I've played to date, and while I doubt I'd ever play it again, I had a blast playing it back when I did.

https://www.pcgamer.com/resident-evil-2-remake-has-blown-past-the-originals-lifetime-sales/
Resident Evil 2 Remake has blown past the original's lifetime sales
That's good news showing remakes do not always have to be milking on nostalgia halfbaked hacks.
Along with revealing Resident Evil 3 Remake, Capcom also announced that Resident Evil: Resistance, the 4v1 co-op spin-off, will be bundled with it, with both launching on April 3.
That's bad news for all of us who don't want to pay a single dime for mmo. Split the bundle into two separate titles please.

In a way Capcom has been a darkhorse as in their latest games have actually be very good 'pc' games with proper pc interfaces. And as a reward they have been selling very well.

Back
Top Bottom