Next Jade Empire

I really enjoyed Jade Empire for what it was. Fun bunch of characters, terrific atmosphere, stylish locations and plenty of varied sidequests etc. Had it more non-linear levels and better inventory, it would have been masterpiece. Arcade combat served it purpose too. As for the sequels, I wouldn't say no to a more nuanced combat system.

I didn't enjoy JE as much as most Watchers it seems - I thought it was mediocre, fun enough to finish it once though. That being said, I wouldn't mind a sequel but not sure on current Bioware working on it.

Unlikely the current folks at Electronic Arts would ever resurrect this title, as it doesn't seem like the swill they are pushing at this time. It is a nice fiction to think and dream about, though.

Is this playable with an Xbox Controller? Are there any decent mods out for it?

I thought ME series in on freeze after Andromeda?

Not according to Bioware. They've stated otherwise on multiple occasions. Well, they're claiming something is happening behind the scenes.

But I wouldn't expect too much too soon.

Personally, I'm only really interested if they stick to what made Andromeda great.

I could certainly live without another ME2 or ME3. Not that I wouldn't try it - but it's not something that would get me excited.

Chances are we'll be getting some kind of bullshit action thing instead, though.

It's on "freeze" until they can free devs to work on it.

My guess is that they'll wait until the ME3 ending and ME4 criticism has faded enough and everybody just thinks of the positive aspects when hearing about ME. ;)
I think ME still is a too valuable and established IP to be ignored by EA.

Back
Top Bottom