Tower of Time

Would be nice if they would rework the combat system. Its the only thing which irritates me about this otherwise beautiful game.

Is this like Icewind Dale with emphasis on combat (or a lite version of it)?
I would say yes - there's definitely more combat than a typical RPG. That said, it's only an emphasis. You'll be exploring the Tower and doing a little talking with people inside. You'll need to do a little time crafting and weighing one inventory item against another, too.

It's been a LONG time since I played Icewind Dale, though.

Yeah I find it similar to Icewind Dale, but certainly not a straight-up clone of that game. Tower of Time seems to fit into it's own genre, I don't think I've ever played anything quite like it. Just got to level eight yesterday when I called it a day, so I'll likely be exploring that level a bit today.

So i have tried it a little and i like it alot, considering buying it but....i have an issue, when i change between those 4 tabs char, inventory, skills there is a delay of about a second....really annoying, its a known issue?

same for me, not enough to cause a problem though. Can see this game being very tough, about 40% through level 1 and have died a bunch of times!

...when i change between those 4 tabs char, inventory, skills there is a delay of about a second….really annoying, its a known issue?
I just tried it in town and it's more like a fifth of a second for me. I barely get my finger up from the mouse click and it has changed.

When talking about how long an action takes it is best to include a wee bit information about your system. I'm sure an i7 and 1080 will be faster than a m3 and a 1050.

Got to level 3 now, about 15 hours in. Very much enjoying this, making sure I get every little upgrade going before new battles as there is a fine line between being overwhelmed and winning with your last character alive!

Seems a well thought out game overall, great value for a tenner, hoping it doesn't turn into a bit of a rinse/repeat fest though

I'm at the very last battle now.

Those miserable cretins took my favorite character away! Then I find myself fighting you!? Worse yet, he pops on some kind of retribution thing, so Maeve's headshot reflects back and kills her right at the start of the battle. Damn you you!! ;) Anyway, gotta try again today. This time, when I read you's lines, I'll use a Bostonian accent.

Beat this last night, what a great run this entire game was!! No two floors felt exactly the same, some of them took hours to fully explore, and I had a great time while doing so. Some of the treasure was repetitive, and that would be the only complaint I'd have against the game, and a minor complaint at that. Honestly, well worth buying and playing, and, should these folks make more games in the future, I'm quite likely to purchase them all.

Gonna get it tonight when the sale starts if its the same % off, i thought it was a weekend sale last week, not midweek, and forgot to get it :lol:

I could say plenty more about the game, but I'm not going to spoil anything for others that might be considering a play of their own. The developers did a lot of things right, and I'll likely keep buying any future releases they might be involved with. I didn't have a chance to explore the change that was implemented recently where you had full access to the entire roster right from the start, but that is something I'll certainly explore when I replay this gem. I'd say that they found an almost perfect balance between a turn based game and real time with pause, the mechanics truly impressed me.

A very enojyable game, interesting battle mechanics and story line.

However it got quite repetitive around floor 8 and the last couple of floors were very long and the battles were taking quite some time. I wanted to finish the story so knocked the difficulty of the battles down to speed them up.

Well recommended though.

Yeah, the repetition is a problem. When you meet a new enemy you first get the lower tier. Then you get most all of them. Then you get the whole set. Then you fight them coming out of portals. Then maybe you fight just the lower tier again but a whole lot of them. Then the full set with tower defenses and maybe portals. Then maybe a boss version. Then it's on to the next type of enemy. Over and over and over again!

If they didn't do this, though, you would have to go in and swap your skills/weapons/characters around before every battle. That would be even more tedious!

Yeah, I certainly kept different sets of weapons and armours for most of my team while I explored this place. Often had to switch out gear, but hardly ever had to go back town, and for the most part I stuck with my original group.

Back
Top Bottom