Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8. Coffee

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • 9. Tea

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • 10. Water

Votes: 10 26.3%

• Total voters
Coke. My favorite soda of all time. I'm addicted to the stuff. It's not good for me. I drink way too much of it, like water.

Higher risk when considering the long term damages. Stretching your legs every now and then is healthy. But I presume you don’t have a urinal bottle under your desk. ;)

Oh please, no, the risks are too high. Of selecting the wrong bottle. ;)

So you're saying you don't brush your teeth if you only drank water? ;)
Not immediately at least :p, unless I also eat something.

FWIW, I'd recommend ditching the soft drinks. Some studies suggest that diet soft drinks are almost as strongly correlated with bad health outcomes as the full-sugar versions.

FWIW, I'd recommend ditching the soft drinks. Some studies suggest that diet soft drinks are almost as strongly correlated with bad health outcomes as the full-sugar versions.

What, are you some kinda flat earther?!

Next you'll be telling me we only have wars because we're ruled by an elite group of psychos who own the banks that control the governments and media who fund both sides of wars for profit and manufacture the consent of the public through propaganda on the internet. :biggrin:

Last edited:
LOL. No, just that a major study I read recently found that the regular consumption of soft drinks is strongly linked to serious disease and earlier death, which was expected, but that the diet versions appear to be almost as bad, which surprised them.

I'm always a bit cautious of nutrition advice, because there's lots of research that get seized upon in a half-baked way by the media, and then everyone runs around telling each other what they must and mustn't consume. But, with soft drinks, I'm comfortable saying that the data is alarming.

Pfft… He obviously has no idea what he's talking about. Soft drinks are the fuel for any real gamer's engine.

997.gif

@JDR13;
Why did you post it again and deleted the first one? Do you have some kind of trouble with posting?

Go back to your sugary drinks, America. You will not get fat or die. Your government is in control. Ripper just hates freedom!

Nah, I'm just messing with you, Ripper. :p

I read about the Aspartame thing years ago. It caused tumors in 40% of rats, it was banned then Monsanto bought the company, put in a new guy and he said it was ok.

I just googled for a link and I think this one sums it up pretty well.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/robbie-gennet/donald-rumsfeld-and-the-s_b_805581.html

These days I'm seeing a lot of Stevia used instead of Aspartame. The trouble is, they're even putting a bit of Stevia in the non-diet ones to save money on cane sugar. I think it tastes a lot worse, but I can't think of the last time I drank a soft drink.

…Plus, it might also cause cancer, too. It was banned in the 90s for that reason. So, you're quite right about the diet sodas. :p

Last edited:
@JDR13;
Why did you post it again and deleted the first one? Do you have some kind of trouble with posting?

Some technical difficulties on my end tonight. :)

On a side note, I've read quite a few articles suggesting that diet soft drinks are actually worse than regular ones for various reasons and that they lead to weight gain not weight loss.

Beer and tea

A lot of non-alcoholic beer these days. I like bitter things (beer) much more than the sugary beverages. NA beer means I can drink during the week too. And it is very healthy, just like the kilos of dark chocolate I eat :)

I'm in the group of nothing most of the time. Every once in awhile, I will drink a LaCroix because I don't drink soda or fruit juice anymore.

I miss fruit juice like a first love :)

I'm in the group of nothing most of the time. Every once in awhile, I will drink a LaCroix because I don't drink soda or fruit juice anymore.

I miss fruit juice like a first love :)

Good that you kicked soda, but why fruit juice?

Well most fruit juice is loaded with sugar. It's just better to eat the fruit so you get the fiber.

I've tried to lower my sugar intake a decent amount. The first month or so was very hard. It's not bad now. Had headaches at first.

If you find it difficult to stomach soft drinks, I've found it helpful to dilute them with alcohol; you know, rum, whiskey, vodka, etc, etc...!! :)

I make sure to only drink 5 or 6 soft drinks/energy drinks a day. Gotta stay healthy peeps. :D

To be really brief, these studies mostly address correlation, and not causation. In other words, those with already present cardiovascular health issues, are probably drinking diet soda as a result, and not prior to. When you look at the top 10 causes of mortality in the world, they are directly, or indirectly related to sugar (let's use nuance when reading that word), and not the lack of it.

I would agree that diet soda is not a healthy drink, but I think they are by far, the lesser of two evils.

But as to not detail this thread, and completely opposite to my opinion, where is the Chocolate Milk in this survey? Also known as "Dungeon Drink".

I used to drink 8-10 cans of diet soda per day. For 10+ years. I went on a health kick and cut that down to a maximum of 3. I drink a lot more water now and don't really miss the excessive soda.

If you find it difficult to stomach soft drinks, I've found it helpful to dilute them with alcohol; you know, rum, whiskey, vodka, etc, etc…!! :)

I wouldn't want to ruin the flavour of my single malt with that junk :p

I used to drink 8-10 cans of diet soda per day. For 10+ years. I went on a health kick and cut that down to a maximum of 3. I drink a lot more water now and don't really miss the excessive soda.

That's an insane amount to drink on a daily basis. You must have been going to the bathroom constantly. :)

I consider myself a soda junkie, yet I rarely exceed 3 cans in a day, and mine is heavily diluted with copious amounts of ice.

Back
Top Bottom