Kingmaker Pathfinder Kingmaker release thread

Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Wow, that first mission in chapter 2 (spider related one) was one tough encounter. Moving onto troll quest now. So much things happening, I'm buzzing with excitement!!! :)

That spider one was tough. I took my party in the ravine below and fought them one by one, but that spellcaster was kicking my butt. He got his in the end though. :D

Just finished troll lair. Phew, good fun!!! :D I've almost caught up with my beta progress now. Looking forward to see new content soon!!!

Just finished troll lair. Phew, good fun!!! :D I've almost caught up with my beta progress now. Looking forward to see new content soon!!!

Congrats! I'm working on the Witch's Swamp, which is rough! Good fun, though. :D

I've cleared about 90% of Witch's swamp. On the east, there are 3 greater owlbears ready to shred you to bits, and on the west, there are poisonous lizard things (forgot what they are called) also ready to send you to a better place. I also didn't trigger the ancient wisp encounter which will zap me to death in few minutes.

I've cleared about 90% of Witch's swamp. On the east, there are 3 greater owlbears ready to shred you to bits, and on the west, there are poisonous lizard things (forgot what they are called) also ready to send you to a better place. I also didn't trigger the ancient wisp encounter which will zap me to death in few minutes.

Yeah, I can't handle wisps at all, lol. Owlbears, hmm. I found the Scythe Tree but that's the farthest east I've been. I fought worgs, a greater werewolf, some huge slugs and those damned tzylewyrms or whatever that also hurt your STR and CON. Trying my hand now at the tree fight and it's a doozie!

Owlbears are at top right/east near the dryads, you need to pass skill check to get in there, similar to those poisonous lizard thing at bottom left/west.

Good luck with the tree!!! :)

Owlbears are at top right/east near the dryads, you need to pass skill check to get in there, similar to those poisonous lizard thing at bottom left/west.

Good luck with the tree!!! :)

Thanks! I had it half dead but so was my party, lol. I must have missed the owlbears somehow, huh. Lots of secret stuff and nooks and crannies on those maps, I love it.

What a rubbish wall of text is that review. So generic and futile. No, seriously, go and read it.

The game, however, has some edges, but nothing that cannot be polished in the near future. Nevertheless, it is so much more fun to play, compared to the Pillars and Torment, mentioned in the same review.

Have not tried this one yet. Very interested, though.

I keep reading the kingdom management portion of the game is pretty messed up and that there are long loading times that often happen multiple times in a row.

Do any of you folks have any thoughts on those aspects? That's what's really holding me back. Oh and there's supposed to be a big patch at the end of the week.

Have not tried this one yet. Very interested, though.

I keep reading the kingdom management portion of the game is pretty messed up and that there are long loading times that often happen multiple times in a row.

Do any of you folks have any thoughts on those aspects? That's what's really holding me back. Oh and there's supposed to be a big patch at the end of the week.

I love the kingdom building aspect. There are long load screens in that area, though. One long loading screen, really, but you'll see upon entering and exiting the throne room. But the management itself is great. Lots of intrigue and interesting situations that crop up and give you the feeling of really managing a barony (and advisors take care of a lot of the stuff so it's not overburdening with micromanagement, either.) Good stuff!

I thought this was a pretty good review, just as an outsider who is very interested in this game. For sure I'm going to get it, eventually. Just waiting for all the polish and patches, but hell yea, I've been sorely tempted to just buy it outright and start playing!

This review talks about how its one of the most interesting rpgs to come out in some time, and also about some of its quirks and problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QggVaFeD-BA

PCGamer review is very poorly written. He said he didn't enjoy it but doesn't even bother providing reasons why to readers.

Well I just got to the kingdom builder part and this it true it will be a disappointment.
Kingdom management is a loading screen simulator. Buildings you put in your town aren't put in your town. There are no obvious benefits to doing any of this, numbers get slightly larger and give you an opportunity to make numbers slightly larger. What the hell is the point to building a smithy if I can't visit it?

I turned my kingdom on auto manage because my game time had become 50% waiting at loading screens or restarting the game because I had crashed at a loading screen. Now I can't even see what the hell is going on. Got access to my first artisan, but he requires a building. Will it ever get built? Hell if I know, because I can't switch off auto-manage to make sure the only meaningful thing I've found so far gets done.

I've read a few times that the Kingdom building process can go into a negative spiral from seemingly out of nowhere, forcing a Game Over. After many hours.

Yeah, gonna wait on this one.

Here's a thread full of bugs and negative issues I've been peeking in on. The title is a little tongue in cheek. There's a lot of serious problems with this game… or do you folks disagree?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder_Kingmaker/comments/9knm0b/big_fat_post_of_grievances/

That list is mostly wrong. It also sound like someone who haven't played the game for very long.

1. The fastest way to manage the Kingdom is to be on the world map travelling and click the kingdom button at the bottom right corner (no need to be in the capital outside of dealing with throne room meetings, talking to companions and selling stuff). You get 1 loading screen that way.

2. In chapter 1, Oleg's inventory added +1 weapons of various types over time and then I went there at the start of chapter 2 and there was new stuff in his inventory again. So merchant inventory do change overtime. Artisans allow you to craft stuff as well, including repairing artifacts you find pieces of during your adventuring.

3. Can't comment, I haven't tried auto-Kingdom management, but if I turn it on it is because I don't care what is happening with it…

4. I haven't got a single crash in ~30 hours of playing.

5. The game is totally playable without save cumming.

6. Monsters with the setting "enemy stats" set to normal and "enemy difficulty" set to weak have their normal Pathfinder stats (that's slightly higher than the Normal difficulty in the game I think, but lower than Challenging). This have been validated by someone who looked at the code.

7. I've yet to see something totally broken there, although considering the amount of features, some being broken is probably to be expected.

8. ---

9. There is a console, nobody knows any console commands for it yet. If you want to cheat, there is plenty of trainers already.

Well, there's a bunch of people agreeing with this list and adding to it in the comments. I've been reading all the comments in the thread. These people don't appear to be haters. It's a board specifically for the game and it's not a huge community.

I'm not discounting your opinion either, just pointing out that the link I posted has more than one person's opinion. I've read a lot of stuff like this in other places, but I think this link is pretty balanced and not overly dramatic or angry.

Well while others reading posts and comments I'm 60 hours deep and loving it. :D I honestly think it's the best CRPG since the Baldur's Gate series and I plan on replaying it a lot in the future.

Well things I find disappointing …

1. Loading Screens getting tired of them in every Unity Engine RPG
2. Areas are small but it reminds me of the older Infinity games
3. Other games are getting my attention right now

Small list really but number one really grinds my gears.:biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom