Accursed RPG

rjshae

Periapt vs Paronomasia
RPGWatch Donor
The Accursed PnP RPG Kickstarter is currently succeeding at $17,152.

I find the concept intriguing because you're basically playing a magically-enhanced monster, created from an ordinary man and woman, within the context of a World of Darkness-style setting. It might even make for an entertaining and enjoyable CRPG some day.

Another tabletop RPG? Don't we have dozens of them on KS already, what makes this one so original?
Ah, yeah, the name Morrigan.

Of the dozens I've seen on Kickstarter, this is one of the two that have caught my interest. Shrug. Different strokes...

Hi, and thanks for your interest in Accursed!

Good question about what makes it original. For us, the focus was on creating an RPG setting that offered the players a different angle on the things. We want to mix the heroics of the Savage Worlds setting with the drama of a deeply personal conflict. The player characters in Accursed are all humans who have been transformed into monsters by a terrible curse. Their world has already been conquered by an army led by a coven of tyrannical witches. Their challenge is to use the powers of their curse to overthrow the tyrants. To do so, however, they may need to embrace their curse to gain greater power. Alternatively, they could deny the curse and possibly escape its effects. Unfortunately, freedom from the curse could cost them the powers they need to overcome the tyrants.

Could you replicate it with a different system or setting? Sure. But, we've done the heavy lifting, we think we've got some cool artwork, and backers get an immediate chance to look through a playtest draft of the players guide.

We've also worked on a few other RPGs before.

Back
Top Bottom