Alphadia Genesis - A New Retro-styled JRPG

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Marvelous Europe sent out news about a new JRPG game called Alphadia Genesis that will be released on Steam on January 12th. Here is a video and some information.

Alphadia Genesis for Steam: Available January 12th 2015!

London: January 5th, 2015 - Marvelous Europe has today announced that the charming retro-styled JRPG Alphadia Genesis will be available to purchase on Steam from January 12th 2015. Alphadia genesis is a Japanese Role-Playing Game that is perfectly suited to those who love the genre. The classic turn-based battle system, the exploration, the rich characterisation and the twisting narrative are all traits of a great JRPG, and the gameplay is wrapped in a 16-bit style which bears resemblance to classic SNES RPGs of the ‘90s.

Alphadia Genesis will launch with an introductory price of € 11.99/£8.79 and will be the first KEMCO RPG released on Steam. “We can’t wait for the Steam Community to get their hands on Alphadia Genesis” says Jonathan Nevill, Project Manager, Marvelous Games. “It’s a great game for JRPG enthusiasts to get stuck into. Good luck to those that aim to 100% the game content, and reach the TRUE ending! Pro-tip: Be prepared!”
More information.

Last edited:
I'm very happy with the amount of new PC ports of older JRPG games on Steam. Its about time Japanese developers finally accepted the PC as a viable income source.

Now all we need is some new ones like the latest two Final Fantasy games.:)

I was never a great JRPG player (I never owned consoles not named C64), but the recent PC releases are really fun.
My current favorites are Valkyria Chronicles, Fortune Summoners: Secret of the Elemental Stone and Epic Battle Fantasy 4.

I'm not sure what their PC rpgs are like, but Kemco have a dubious position in the mobile jrpg market. They pump out a lot of very average games.

oh no, not another game from Kemco… If u tried one u played them all (at least android versions)

Last edited:
Better cheap jRPG grinding mediocrity than the same bullshit packed in western AAA shiny graphics wrapping.

Back
Top Bottom