Gjallarhorn - New Kickstarter

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Horizon's End - the developers of The Great Gaias - have started a Kickstarter campaign for the RPG Gjallarhorn:

Gjallarhorn

Horizon's End is proud to present the next installment in the ever expanding world that birthed The Great Gaias. Gjallarhorn aims to create a completely subjective experience for the player, allowing for the choice of joining one of multiple factions, or fighting for yourself in this slave-to-champion turn based role-playing game.

Originally created as a Dungeons and Dragons Campaign Setting, this epic tale will continue the dark, yet engrossing stories within The Great Gaias. Gjallarhorn will expand on job class mechanics and a sandbox style crafting system that will provide a near infinite amount of customization between gear, class, abilities and allies.

Trapped in the frigid lands of the Gorgath Mountains, you will create your own ill-fated character, destined to become a slave to the Osirian Empire. As you take on job classes and earn fervor with the slave master, an opportunity for freedom arises when the Gladiator Arena is reopened during an ancient rite of choosing a new High Chieftain.

Five factions forming the Osirian Empire seek to see their Champion as the High Chieftain. Their unique views on the direction of the Empire leaves the fragile relationship of a newly unified nation in the hands of the player as the choices and allies you make will rock the very foundations of the leaderless country.

• Westernized Fusion of Dungeons & Dragons and the JRPG genre
  • Choice and Consequence play style
  • Branching narratives with Multiple Endings
  • Customizable Player Character
  • (16) Job Classes to master
  • Learnable abilities including Monster Skills
  • Day and Night Cycle with NPC Schedules
  • Monster Taming and Pet System
  • Extensive Crafting and Gathering

Create your own custom character as you fight for your freedom, unlocking (16) job classes to learn and master as you build your hero to fit your personal playstyle. Craft customizable gear for (15) equipment slots with endless options and augments including gems, runestones, and monster abilities.

A day and night cycle sets the tone for the expansive hunting and gathering systems in place within Gjallarhorn. It will be up to the player to fill their bestiary with valuable knowledge pertaining to fishing, poaching and monster habits in hopes to find all the best, and rarest, crafting components.

The combinations are limitless when it comes to party composition as you find animal companions to tame and interesting mercenaries each with their own stories and goals for you to help (or hinder). With so many complex decisions and event changing choices, it is impossible to see everything the first (or third) time around as you choose which faction you wish to side with. (or none at all).

[...]
More information.

IMHO The Great Gaias was one of the best epic RPGs in 2018 and one of the very best RPGMaker games ever made.

I played Great Gaias through the demo and it never really grabbed hold of me. Is there something I was missing? Anyone want to sell it a little bit?

The game is epic and challenging. I played it for 221 hours to beat the final boss.
I think you can get the "normal" ending at around 150 hours.

The game features a great story, unique weapons, crafting, alchemy, puzzles , lots of characters and numerous enemies and bosses.
Each character has a unique class, and you have to find class/skill mixes in your party to beat quests and bosses. All party members can be useful, so don't use just a few of them. This game is NOT balanced meaning you can't beat all opponents with one party. You have to switch party members. You have to find potential party members before you can use them in your party.

I've heard nothing but good things about The Great Gaias, and I keep meaning to pick it up but forgetting to do so. My back log right now is kind of peaked, but I will grab this soon and give it a check-out for myself.

So same developer that made The Great Gaias?o_O

If so I'll definitively back this game.

I pledged 20 also to get their previous game. Was not aware of this game. Thx for mentioning it here.

Thanks a lot for posting about our Kickstarter!
Our marketing sucks so this helps out greatly. :D

If anyone has questions please let me know.

Hi there m8.

As I said in my previous post I didn't know about your previous game so I pledged to your kickstarter "opportunist" level so I could get your previous game also.

So being intrigued by what HiddenX said in his posts about The Great Gaias game I downloaded a demo and…

I think I will not be able to wait for kicstarter to end, and have to buy your game already today :) Do not worry though, I will not remove my pledge, but give a key to my friend.

Few questions about The Great Gaias
1. Steal - does it mean that if I use steal while fighting I can get additional item than what drops after enemy is dead?
2. I am early in game but already got some items that permanently increase stats. Should I use them only on my main character or I should save them for later when I have more party members.

Thank you and I wish you good luck with your new game.
Best,
aa/IK

I'm glad you are liking The Great Gaias, we appreciate the support!

To answer your questions:
1. Stealing items does give you an additional item outside the enemies normal drop list.
2. It's really up to you but I tend to hold onto them until I know which party I want to play with. Since there are 17 characters you might want to hold on to the stat items to use on someone you find you like using more. Once you get about a quarter of the way through the game you won't be forced to having your current party leader.

Back
Top Bottom