|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Stardew Valley - Has Sold 3.5 Million on PC

Default Stardew Valley - Has Sold 3.5 Million on PC

January 23rd, 2018, 01:54
I have to admit I played Farming Simulator for about 6 hours last week. This after making fun of it and trying to run down pedestrians, sinking tractors in the lake etc. Ultimately I settled down to cultivating and sowing and even some forestry. It was actually damn fun growing and selling stuff and trying to make a living
--
"For Innos!"

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

January 23rd, 2018, 01:56
I'm the weirdo. Again.

I have a weird issue with any game that imposes a time limit. As soon as there's a countdown, I'm anxious. SDV even does this to me. "Can I get back home before I get too tired???????"

I guess it's just not my thing. I did like the play style, but once I got past the basic stuff, it was just a load of anxiety for me.

Ovenall

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

January 23rd, 2018, 02:00
Try Farming Simulator. No kidding. You can relax and cultivate, sow & harvest while listening to the i game tractors radio. Yeee haw
--
"For Innos!"

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

January 23rd, 2018, 05:36
Can I marry my cousin in Stardew Valley or Farming Simulator? The answer will affect my purchasing decision.

Dilvish

Watchdog

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

January 23rd, 2018, 05:59
Great googly mooglies

shaneplays

Watcher

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

January 23rd, 2018, 11:34
I suggest this site is renamed into CasualWatch since it seems most of its regular members are casual game lovers.

Archangel

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

January 23rd, 2018, 12:50
Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
I suggest this site is renamed into CasualWatch since it seems most of its regular members are casual game lovers.
What's a non-casual game by your definition?

lackblogger

retired poster
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

January 23rd, 2018, 13:52
Originally Posted by lackblogger View Post
What's a non-casual game by your definition?
1. Do you enjoy playing Stardew Valley?
If you answer Yes you are a casual gamer.

The rest matters only after you've answered q1.

Archangel

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

January 23rd, 2018, 14:21
1. Do you enjoy playing Stardew Valley?
If you answer Yes you are a casual gamer.

The rest matters only after you've answered q1.
Wow, I didn’t know stardew valley was such a powerful game.

If you play it you’re a casual gamer no matter the rest of your gaming library?

I had green beans last night with my 20oz porterhouse steak, I wonder if I’m a vegetarian?

I never understood the need to stick people in categories or label them but to each thier own.

As for stardew valley , it’s not my type of game but congrats to its creator. Quite the achievement.

sakichop

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

January 23rd, 2018, 14:57
Originally Posted by Ovenall View Post
I'm the weirdo. Again.

I have a weird issue with any game that imposes a time limit. As soon as there's a countdown, I'm anxious.
You're not the weirdo.
You're the perfect audience for phonegames designs. They know you'll want to get rid of "panic!" caused by timers thus let there be:
microtransactions

I'm unsure what exactly you have a problem with in Stardew Valley. For all I remember there is no "doomsday" design inside - the only one was three years success on the initial release but the developer removed it later.

Originally Posted by Dilvish View Post
Can I marry my cousin in Stardew Valley
Say what? You can marry pretty much anyone (at appropriate age!) in Stardew Valley and if there is anyone you can't, there are mods.
You have no cousins there, but I guess that can also be modded if that's your thing.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)

January 23rd, 2018, 15:10
Originally Posted by Ovenall View Post
I have a weird issue with any game that imposes a time limit. As soon as there's a countdown, I'm anxious. SDV even does this to me. "Can I get back home before I get too tired???????"

I guess it's just not my thing. I did like the play style, but once I got past the basic stuff, it was just a load of anxiety for me.
I tried playing it for awhile just to see what all the talk and about, and I didn't care for it for the exact same reason. The day-night cycle is far too brief imo, and I didn't like that I was always rushing to accomplish something before nightfall came back around.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

January 23rd, 2018, 20:52
Funny, I always had the opposite problem. I'd get everything I cared about done long before nightfall and then I'd feel like I had nothing to do for the last couple hours. For me less time would be perfect because then there would be more difficult decisions to make about what to do with your day. But I'm sure that if I went all in on planting massive fields of crops then time would be more of a problem.

fadedc

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

January 23rd, 2018, 21:15
Like many here, I've not tried it yet, but I don't have any ill feeling towards it, just not my kind of game, for pretty much all the reasons already stated by the people above.

For the waiting at the end of the day for the next day/night, the Nancy Drew series always have a sleep till AM/PM function, which sounds like it could have been useful. More so than BG2's version where you have to sleep for exactly 8 hours instead of just for a bit.

lackblogger

retired poster
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

January 23rd, 2018, 21:23
it has a lot nice mods

turian

Sentinel

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

January 23rd, 2018, 21:28
Well I like Cake and Fried Chicken so I vote for ComfortFood Watch.

Oh and I love adventure games and HOGs, (I've posted as much many a time) so I will get two more chances at the name change for RPGWatch.

Hmmm, but I like Open World RPGs over all other rpgs like many here so that might also have to go into the name change bin.

But, since so many of us like this form of communication howzabout SnarkWatch . . .

Dajjer

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

January 23rd, 2018, 21:36
Great! Now that we've renamed the site I can start writing my reviews for Monopoly Plus and Pizza Express!

forgottenlor

Font of Useless Knowledge
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
+1:

January 23rd, 2018, 21:43
Originally Posted by lackblogger View Post
Like many here, I've not tried it yet, but I don't have any ill feeling towards it, just not my kind of game, for pretty much all the reasons already stated by the people above.

For the waiting at the end of the day for the next day/night, the Nancy Drew series always have a sleep till AM/PM function, which sounds like it could have been useful. More so than BG2's version where you have to sleep for exactly 8 hours instead of just for a bit.
That was the case for me, but there was a gaming lag and I tried it. I didn't put a ton of hours into the game but, there was enough fun and challenge in the game to keep it on my continuous play list.

My main problem with the game is I simply can barely stand Nintendo NES type of graphics now a days. Yeah, Stardew has great design and is fun and innovative but my play meter gets filled rather quickly with this game because of the graphics.

Hi. My name is Dajjer, and I am a graphics whore.

Dajjer

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

January 23rd, 2018, 22:55
Everyone has different taste - I personally love the graphics, it just fits the game so well! So very cute and adorable. I can see the cat jumping or cleaning its paw all day
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley

purpleblob

Princess

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)

January 25th, 2018, 00:48
Pros:
Neatly done. Nice pixel graphics. Surprisingly detailed character Outfit generator Attention to detail. Excellent GUI. Features try to indulge the player. Okay music.

Cons:
Long boring intro. No dangerous dungeons. No dark wizards, no wandering monsters massacring civilians. No black magic. No extreme gore. Not my game at all.

mercy

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

January 25th, 2018, 03:12
Damn. So many people like a game my 7 year old plays sometimes.
I guess too many manchildren nowadays.
Yikes…

I'm so glad for ConcernedApe and everyone that was involved with Stardew. Such a great game and entirely deserving of every sale it made. I continue to put time into it ever since launch.
--
~Watching since 2007~

Ragnaris

Sentinel

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Stardew Valley - Has Sold 3.5 Million on PC