Change in moderator policies

I also don't think it's a poster. Any.

To get angry, mad, enraged is the easiest thing to do.
Should media change because of that or should people who participate change?

I think any illegal things should be removed.

Moderators could warn users about insults and ask them to tone down. If after five times they don't then a penalty ban of one day could apply. Doubling everytime it happens.

Should media change because of that or should people who participate change?

Which posters at RPGWatch count as "media" and which count as "people"?

Of course, there is probably also a silent majority who don't give a fig if we're negotiating world peace or clubbing each other to death in the P&R forum, because they're here for the games!

I don't care about insults Ripper. I can take them and dish them out too. But can you explain to me what's the point of posting again and again in one of HHR's (or Uziriel's) trolling attempts?
To confront them? They are trolls, they thrive on being confronted!
To hope that they will see the light? Please!
To present your views? But we know them already from your previous posts!

Each time I see HHR's post in P,R&C forum I'm hoping against hope that nobody will reply and he will be left to stew in his own venom but no such luck! There are always those only too ready to jump right in!
Why, in Goddess name, just why?

You know, it's rather funny that a couple of the people in this thread wailing about the poor tone of P&R contributed to a thread with the sole purpose of insulting another board member. And somehow the rest of the folks here wailing were completely silent when it wasn't one of their own being hammered. Why might that double standard exist and what does it really say about those folks?

I don't care about insults Ripper. I can take them and dish them out too. But can you explain to me what's the point of posting again and again in one of HHR's (or Uziriel's) trolling attempts?

Each time I see HHR's post in P,R&C forum I'm hoping against hope that nobody will reply and he will be left to stew in his own venom but no such luck! There are always those only too ready to jump right in!

Well, back when I first joined, I had some actually pretty reasonable debates with HHR. In all fairness, out of that bunch of right-wing provocateurs, I think he is by far the most capable in that regard. But, in the end I got bored with the sheer repetition. I don't think I've posted much in his threads in recent times, and I don't recall bothering with Uzriel at all. If I have dipped into HHRs threads in recent times, it's usually just to quickly take the piss, because I have an urge to spray graffiti on his particular edifice. :biggrin: But, essentially you're right, engaging with that stuff is a waste of time.

The posts I've tended to dive into have been the ones from that handful of posters who like to talk to others with a sort of sneering smugness, while displaying their own stupidity. That's always going to get up my funnel, and I'll probably always take a swipe at those cats.

Last edited:
You know, it's rather funny that a couple of the people in this thread wailing about the poor tone of P&R contributed to a thread with the sole purpose of insulting another board member. And somehow the rest of the folks here wailing were completely silent when it wasn't one of their own being hammered. Why might that double standard exist and what does it really say about those folks?

I'm completely silent on any mud fight in P&R, own or not my own.
There is no double standard, that section is supposed to be steamy, well, at least to my understanding. And whoever can't stand the heat in the kitchen…

What you call 'wailing' I call constructive criticism.
Imo the announced change in mod policies should give more plurality from which all can benefit. Verbal agression - personal attacks, contempt and insults - just leads to monotony: sooner or later you'll either start throwing mud yourself or you'll leave.

What you call 'wailing' I call constructive criticism.
Imo the announced change in mod policies should give more plurality from which all can benefit. Verbal agression - personal attacks, contempt and insults - just leads to monotony: sooner or later you'll either start throwing mud yourself or you'll leave.
Looks like a steaming pile of blatant hypocrisy to me, but your explanation certainly sounds prettier.

Looks like a steaming pile of blatant hypocrisy to me, but your explanation certainly sounds prettier.
First thought:
If I understand you correctly, Myrthos should have said "BS" somewhere else, in a thread where someone else than Uriziel was being hammered , Uriziel then should have said Myrthos should have stayed neutral and objective, so that I could have posted my image in that same thread - a thread I did not read - in order for Damian to react to which I reacted and more or less asked for forum rules to protect the weak, just to get more diversity instead of one or two boring dominant colours.
THEN you would have felt I had been neutral, and had spoken up for others than "one of my own". But I was "completely silent".

Second thought:
I see my presence was needed in a thread that I did not visit. Yes, I spoke elsewhere. Guilty as charged. Sorry.

Last edited:

Well, if a thread is interesting I would reply to it, but if someone starts debating by just repeating the same opinion and not bringing anything new or constructive to the table, I would stop debating with them. I have to say that I don't think Uziriel was attempting to troll the thread, he had a new argument in each of his posts, and he did not jump on people either. I would find it very strange if a person is not allowed to post in a forum or called a troll just because they have a conservative view of women and men, a negative view of the Muslim religion, negative of Christianity, negative of none religious people or whatever.

By this way of thinking we could probably find a reason for everyone not to be allowed to post. Diversity is good for a forum and for debates, without it there would be no debates. I think there is no reason for it to be allowed to directly insult a person by saying "You are a fu***ing idiot" this could trigger a warning. But to some people it might be insulting when you are debating, and you ask them like "Well, you are debating that people should not eat meat, but how about yourself do you eat meat?", I think if you are in a debate you have to accept that people might question some of your personal views as part of the debate. Or takes scenarios like "what if it happend to you"

Well, if a thread is interesting I would reply to it, but if someone starts debating by just repeating the same opinion and not bringing anything new or constructive to the table, I would stop debating with them. I have to say that I don't think Uziriel was attempting to troll the thread, he had a new argument in each of his posts, and he did not jump on people either. I would find it very strange if a person is not allowed to post in a forum or called a troll just because they have a conservative view of women and men, a negative view of the Muslim religion, negative of Christianity, negative of none religious people or whatever.

By this way of thinking we could probably find a reason for everyone not to be allowed to post. Diversity is good for a forum and for debates, without it there would be no debates. I think there is no reason for it to be allowed to directly insult a person by saying "You are a fu***ing idiot" this could trigger a warning. But to some people it might be insulting when you are debating, and you ask them like "Well, you are debating that people should not eat meat, but how about yourself do you eat meat?", I think if you are in a debate you have to accept that people might question some of your personal views as part of the debate. Or takes scenarios like "what if it happend to you"

I agree with this 100%. Direct personal attacks should be bannable offence but I don't think we get that much. Even HHR spews venom on certain group of people but I don't think he has picked any single person here and attached them directly. Maybe I am wrong...

I have feeling that this new moderation policy is to silence views which some people here don't agree with…

1. They have to show they are willing to debate.
2. They have to remain within the (European) law.
3. Why should intolerant people be allowed to post slander, defamation and insults, just for the sake of allowing debate, causing people with a more moderate view, who thought they were on an innocent gaming site, to leave?
Why should they be allowed to post their slander, defamation and insults here? Because these people happen to like RPGs?
Frankly I think if someone would like to talk about his/her extreme opinions and insist on formulating them in an offensive way, s/he should visit other, more appropriate channels.

Last edited:
Yes, there's a lovely site called Stormfront, for example, which would be ideal. Perhaps they could open an RPG section, rather than us having to maintain a Stormfront section?

Last edited:
First thought:
If I understand you correctly, Myrthos should have said "BS" somewhere else, in a thread where someone else than Uriziel was being hammered , Uriziel then should have said Myrthos should have stayed neutral and objective, so that I could have posted my image in that same thread - a thread I did not read - in order for Damian to react to which I reacted and more or less asked for forum rules to protect the weak, just to get more diversity instead of one or two boring dominant colours.
THEN you would have felt I had been neutral, and had spoken up for others than "one of my own". But I was "completely silent".

Second thought:
I see my presence was needed in a thread that I did not visit. Yes, I spoke elsewhere. Guilty as charged. Sorry.
I have communicated poorly. I took your post to be justifying the actions of the people that spawned this split off discussion as well as the "Let's Insult HHR" thread. As that intersecting sub-group does not include you, it would be inappropriate for me to place any expectations on you personally. However, if you are in fact perfectly fine with the actions of said sub-group, then I would have to say that would make you a hypocrite as well. Either way, it seems like a rather one-sided policing effort to me.

What's your problem with "Let's Insult HHR" thread dte? Because it was personal or because it was insulting? Since it's the "personal" bit which seems to offends you the most then answer me this: if somebody derogates women and I happen to be one (I'm not, but that's beside the point), can I take it personally or do I have to wait to be named and only than I might feel personally insulted?

I'd say the difference comes from the purpose of the discussion. The HHR thread had one and only one purpose, to insult a member of the board. While other discussions can revolve around insulting topics or get heated to the point where even personal insults are flying, theoretically they have a purpose beyond merely being insulting. Which actually fits very well with y'all have been demanding in this thread here. As I originally stated, I just find it terribly hypocritical that some of the people demanding more decorum actively participated in a thread with absolutely no point nor intent beyond personal insults. Further, I find it quite telling that the people that have suddenly developed the desire to police the forum felt no such impetus to do jack shit before the HHR thread was locked up by Corwin.

I don't particularly care what the decision is, and I stand by my offer to bail out of P&R if that will help. Chances are good I'm going to confine myself to the humor thread over there for a while anyway because the echo chamber makes discussion fairly pointless right now. But...I think y'all need to take a very long look in the mirror and be completely honest about exactly what your goals are here because the actions simply don't match the story.

There is a thread "let's insult" a poster here on the forum?
"Let's redicule" or "let's joke" or "let's go satirical hard on " a poster, okay. But a thread with "insult" aim that's IMO retarded and should be closed/deleted.

Back
Top Bottom