Fallout: The Frontier - Released

Fallout: The Frontier - Release Trailer

Also the nexus is down again.

I was lucky and happened to be on the nexus when Frontier popped. Wasn't even looking for Fallout stuff. Um...if there is a place I can post a 12G file and somebody wants it...I'm not much of a file sharer typically; well outside of work. I don't think I even have 12G on OneDrive :D

So if I have the steam version of Fallout: New Vegas, Steam will figure out and do the installation for me? Honestly I'm not even sure which version I own, but if steam will do the heavy lifting I'll re-purchase it, assuming I have another version right now.

And how does it hold up? I just come from the NMA thread where everybody vomits bucket loads upon it...

Is this something that your high level character will play through or do you need to create a new one?

Level 11 required, new game recommended. If you start a new game, there are options available to be raised in level to 11, 20, etc.

Wait, then we don't start the mod at level 1? Will it transfer our char from F:NV ?

You get access to it at 11 much in the same way you would get access to official DLC at certain levels. You can use your old character, yes; a fresh install is simply recommended.

You don't import your character. To play the mod you basically…

1. Starting a new game is recommend by the developers.
  2. After the intro and and leaving the Docs a prompt will appear.
  3. You can then level up to 11 or play the game till you reach it.
  4. Someone will appear with the quest to start Frontier.

Ah...I always assumed this was a TC for some reason. I didn't realize you access it from within FO:NV.

My interest level just increased significantly. Looking forward to hearing some feedback about this.

Yeah it's different from Project California which you played from the main menu. I thought it was a separate campaign as well, but went online to find out how to start the mod.

Last edited:
This is good news for me, I generally like to stick with one character build. Now just have to make sure I still have my old save. Thanks for the info!

Lore wise the mod should be played before the Hoover Dam battle that decides New Vegas's fate. It adds more backstory on the Legion and NCR war. I'm not that far yet.

I wonder how this is going to affect the balance of the game. Are we going to be grossly overleveled once we return to the main quest if we do The Frontier + DLC? It's already easy to overlevel if you're not using the JSawyer mod or something similar.

I am guessing that you will, though balance is never a big concern for me. I prefer when a game let's me become overpowered by seeking out more side content.

Yeah it's different from Project California which you played from the main menu. I thought it was a separate campaign as well, but went online to find out how to start the mod.

Couch, I believe you're referring to Fallout: New California, right? Can you tell me if this mod was finally released or is it still being worked on?

Couch, I believe you're referring to Fallout: New California, right? Can you tell me if this mod was finally released or is it still being worked on?
It was released a few years back and still in a beta state but the modder claims he is done, and moved on to an original RPG he wants to get funded, and developed.

Link - https://www.moddb.com/mods/falloutprojectbrazil/news/fallout-new-california-beta-231-is-online
No new quest content or character expansion has happened since 2019's BETA 221.
So to answer yes it's fully playable and is more like a prologue to NV with various endings. It just feels empty as some content was not finished or implemented fully.
It's the final branch of the BETA. From here on, all updates are aimed at minor patches and a 1.0 branch that adds content from the community, if anyone is willing to submit their creative work to adding side quests and upgrading the companions.

I live in Portland, Oregon, have always loved Fallout: New Vegas, and have modded the hell of that game in the past.

I almost feel obligated to play this.

"In the cold, snowy streets of Portland Oregon…"

It rarely snows here. Forget it, 1/10, unplayable. ;)

I live in Portland, Oregon, have always loved Fallout: New Vegas, and have modded the hell of that game in the past.

I almost feel obligated to play this.

"In the cold, snowy streets of Portland Oregon…"

It rarely snows here. Forget it, 1/10, unplayable. ;)
While historical true remember nuclear winter changes the environment. I remember reading some Fallout Lore and a swath of Northern America is snow and ice.

Add some radiation snow lightning storms as well.O_O

A HOI4 mod called Old World Blues has a good map.

Link - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2265420196

Back
Top Bottom