The TV Series discussion thread

Watching Expanse S3. It started off really good but then..
..we are quickly introduced to The Ring and all of a sudden its important to go through(!) it, why would they even assume you can, in the first place? Why would they suddenly trust these hostile creatures or anything that they've created? Also the editing starts to suck here. They show the Belters going through the blue matter in the ring. Cool, what will happen next? Well what happens next is that they have not gone though at all and Naomi decides she's not gonna follow. lol. They also show Holden with Miller outside the ring, Miller says Holden is the first to go through, so yet again they forget that the Belter ships were already shown going through, in the previous episode, but then decided they actually didn't.
It's kind of a clusterfuck in terms of explanations and editing..

Some of the characters introduced here are also a real miss, like the dark haired woman with "superhuman" abilities. The character could be kind of cool and interesting but neither the writing or the actor sells it. Also the blond christian woman, everything that surrounds this character makes me want to puke in my mouth, so fucking cringe.

Are you watching a "historical" show or scifi? I mean, seems we didn't watch same The Expanse. Didn't open the spoiler.
Have you guys watched Messiah on Netflix? I watched it yesterday and it's pretty controversial IMO. I just hope they have a 2nd season.
Sorry but no. It states drama only. Based on the short description they could have make it at least as mystery or thriller. But I just don't have time for dull drama.

where do i say its needs to be historical? I just need it to make sense and to be explained, to be edited properly. Showing one scene where ships goes to a certain place and then in the next scenes and in the beginning of the next episode it never happened and its still something ongoing so that they can add additional scenes. That's not good editing + it does not make sense.

if you didnt watch S3 (you didnt want the spolier so i guess you didnt watch it) then why comment..

Sorry but no. It states drama only. Based on the short description they could have make it at least as mystery or thriller. But I just don't have time for dull drama.

It's controversial since it's about religion and they also are stereotyping people and some countries IMO. It's not all drama. I suggest you watch at least a few episodes.

Sorry, but a recent controversial religion based show in form of a historical crime-thriller that doesn't drag does exist and if I didn't suggest it previously, now I will. It's amazing and is called La Peste.
Note that I watched only the first season which doesn't leave anything open. I have no idea what's the second season about. Yet.

Last edited:
Tried to watch The Expanse on my Amazon Prime, looking for a new series to get into, but I just couldn't get into it. Kind of hate the whole Outlands idea in SF.

Right now I'm watching the new BBC Dracula. Funny, wild, wacky, and over-the-top. Nothing is sacred yet reveres its source material greatly. I wish the actress that plays Mina were hotter since she's so central to the story but at least it allows me to focus on other things about it and not get distracted. Even has plenty of cheese FX mixed in with the good stuff to help keep it fun.

Tried to watch the Witcher but I might as well watch a youtube video playlist of all the cut-scenes from all the witcher games.

The first season was so irritating to me I suggested skipping the remake. Did anyone watch the second season? Is it now fixed or will again urge me to turn it off every 10 minutes?

The first season of the reboot was so obnoxious I lasted 3, maybe 4 episodes before I ran. I'm still running.

Watched the first episode of Deputy it wasn't that bad. Just beware it has the usual society problems or deportation, ICE, lesbians, and so on. Like most modern shows.

Last edited:
It in that show ICE throws children in concentration camps, it's a mustwatch documentary for me.
So? Is it? :)

It in that show ICE throws children in concentration camps, it's a mustwatch documentary for me.
So? Is it? :)
Part of it Joxer but the Sheriff interfered and pisses of the politicians/his bosses.

His new partner calls him a modern day Ned Stark for his morals.

Seriously?
Okay, lemme finish all I've started (too many stuff to destroy in only a couple of days so it'll take me a few weeks) and I'll give it a shot.

That's this one, right?
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8873996/

If yes, a random 1/10 review:
https://www.imdb.com/review/rw5382036/
Illegals aren't illegal?
4 January 2020
There you go, leftist pro-illegal bull crap. As they say in old Mexico, "Adios".
I should insert one of JDR's butthurt pics. Definetly watching this.

Tried to watch The Expanse on my Amazon Prime, looking for a new series to get into, but I just couldn't get into it. Kind of hate the whole Outlands idea in SF.

I always tell people to be prepared to slog through the first 4 to 5 episodes, as it has to introduce the universe and characters, and it's a bit of a chore. Once you've made it past that, then it begins to be binge-worthy.

So I finished the Witcher last week. Two episodes a day. Solid writing and acting and they are not afraid to use magic (ahem . . . GOT). Very little of the main plot line was wrapped up but a very important minor subplot is taken care of nicely and gives the whole season an overall satisfying end.

Cavill grunting in Superman just doesn't work for that character but it is most wonderful for the Witcher. He's like Groot in Guardians of the Galaxy except I understand him. You piss him off, he grunts; you act stupid, he grunts; the unimaginable happens, he grunts. Lot a fun waiting for those reactions.

Great show, I can hardly wait for season 2.

Now I have to pick between Lost in Space, Watchers, Dark Materials. But first I will tackle the movie Venom.

Right now I'm watching the new BBC Dracula. Funny, wild, wacky, and over-the-top. Nothing is sacred yet reveres its source material greatly. I wish the actress that plays Mina were hotter since she's so central to the story but at least it allows me to focus on other things about it and not get distracted. Even has plenty of cheese FX mixed in with the good stuff to help keep it fun.

Tried to watch the Witcher but I might as well watch a youtube video playlist of all the cut-scenes from all the witcher games.
What is Outlands?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

If I was asked to list my top10 of best comics ever, among them would definetly be Locke&Key.
I remember someone tried to bring this one on screen and a pilot was filmed - apparently that pilot was scrapped for being too scary! Back then I was like WTF, it's supposed to be scary.
The pilot was screened in front of god knows how picked audience. To this day however, even asking around shady sources, I haven't been able to get my hands on it.

Netflix to the rescue. Or to ruin it. While I cannot praise the 6part comic more, I'm still excited to see it in moving form:

Here's hope Netflix won't drag or milk it but make as one_season show.
And I also hope Hill and Rodriguez will repeat the cameo appearance!
paramedics

Stop the presses.

https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...iere-date-is-tied-to-keanu-reeves-john-wick-4
The Continental is going to be a prequel series set before the John Wick films -- and it will also reportedly be set at the Los Angeles-based Continental Hotel, as opposed to the New York City hotel of the movies. Hopefully it delves deep into the mythology of the John Wick franchise, from the Continental hotels and High Table to the intricate (but still charmingly old school) underground circuit.
Will this hollywood's milking through prequel series obsession stop already? I'm sick of it.

Evil is getting pretty good. I'll be the first to admit that anytime the four brats show up that I fast-forward the show until they're gone, but other than that, I really enjoy both the stories and the principle cast. And that scene last night.....well, Leland's therapist reminded me of at least one ex. Honestly, this show which I thought was just some kind of half-decent drama is turning into a stellar version of an X-files production!

Netflix to the rescue. Or to ruin it. While I cannot praise the 6part comic more, I'm still excited to see it in moving form:

Here's hope Netflix won't drag or milk it but make as one_season show.
Mustwatch, BUT this looks waaaayyy too comercial for the content in the books, unless the cut the darker material. :thumbsup: on the black kid, :thumbsdown: on Kinsey, didn't see enough of the others to tell.

Finally watched GOT8. Thoroughly enjoyed. I know there was a huge backlash against this season, could anyone tell me why? Sure it was it was depressing but but since when has GOT had any happy endings for the characters?

Back
Top Bottom