Kingmaker - Patch 1.2 Released

GOG Galaxy is currently downloading 7,8 GB for me - but I can't see whether this is merely a part of a bigger thing.

I'd really like it if developers started compressing their patches again. Not sure why they stopped.

I'd say wrap up any and all additional content for this game, finalize the bloody thing once and for all, and start working on a sequel. I think the first iteration proved that people like both the style and setting, future sale should be looking bright.

I'd say wrap up any and all additional content for this game, finalize the bloody thing once and for all, and start working on a sequel. I think the first iteration proved that people like both the style and setting, future sale should be looking bright.

Did it even sell that well? It still has "mixed" on Steam which obviously is not good and will keep a lot of people away from buying.

I don't think they will be able to do a sequel unless they really manage to get those reviews up... A sequel might also be in the work already though, impossible to know, it's not like it would be good practice to let anyone know, people would complain that all effort should be on the first game.

I honestly don't understand all these negative reviews - its a great game and the problems are getting addressed. Loading time is reduced and the end game should be more balanced now with extra XP rewards. Owlcat is currently discussing some of the issues with the kingdom management (e.g. not enough candidates per each advisor role). And many bugs are addressed - yes, there are still bugs (even new ones with the patch) but nothing game breaking imo.

I really wish there will be a sequel in Pathfinder setting by Owlcat - with the experience they gained with Kingmaker, I reckon they can produce something truly brilliant.

I'm on several other forums and people seem really happy with the game, many say it's better than e.g PoE and the closest we have so far to something like BG2. So i'm also a bit confused with the mixed reviews on Steam.. Doesn't people care to update their reviews? Maybe when you write a negative review for a game you, per default, get a notification that a new patch is out for it and what has been fixed.

From what I read their sales are good enough for them. Devs are from Russia, cost to make a game there is at least half of what it costs in USA so earnings from sales are also worth 2x.

Nah, I doubt many people ever update their reviews. Those who wrote critical reviews based on bugs, they probably either just gave up on the game, and moved on to the next new hot game that was out (hot, hyped games are coming out nearly all the time these days), or will keep playing at some point after patches and then never update the review.

A lot of experience at Amazon.com reading reviews of various items has taught me that, just in general, people are lazy and don't update their reviews. Or a tiny tiny percentage of people are conscientious enough to do so.

GOG Galaxy is currently downloading 7,8 GB for me - but I can't see whether this is merely a part of a bigger thing.
Yep GOG Galaxy downloaded the entire game for me again also.

Getting tired of Steam and GOG patches that do this.:(

Yep GOG Galaxy downloaded the entire game for me again also.

Getting tired of Steam and GOG patches that do this.:(

I think that patching system of gog is not good. And I think that most developers prioritize their Steam release. So while I woul like to support GOG in principle, because I like their DRM policy and overall approach, I buy only older games there. Pity.

Those huge, mega-patches were yet another reason why I put this game on hold a few months ago. It got super annoying to see one of those big downloads happening every second or third day.

A lot of experience at Amazon.com reading reviews of various items has taught me that, just in general, people are lazy and don't update their reviews. Or a tiny tiny percentage of people are conscientious enough to do so.

It's not laziness. People have a strong motivation to write a review when they are disgruntled about what they got for their money. There's probably little motivation for them to go back and correct it later, even if the issue gets addressed and they are no longer peeved. Instead, Steam should be motivated to weight the net score based on when the reviews were last edited. A higher score likely means more sales… and more of a cut for them.

I am glad I waited for patches, now I think I will wait for Game of the year version.
I have a great connection finally but I can't stand starting up steam and watching everything load patches so I set games to only load updates when I start them.
18 gig? Uggh.

That's a good plan methinks, I'll likely do the same. When they start yapping about a game of the year version, it will likely be safest then to go back and complete this project of mine.

Back
Top Bottom