Old Time Arcade Games

Hastar

Unspeakable
Just ordered an arcade machine with all the old timey arcade games on it. Trying to see if I can get Dungeons and Dragons:Tower of Doom and Dungeons and Dragons Shadow of Mystara on it also. If anyone is ever in Ohio and wants some old timey game action come on over :)

My favorites are Frontline, Bump and Jump, Phoenix, Gauntlets, Golden Axe, Captain America, Beserk, Rampage, and X-Men.

https://arcadeclassics.net/ultimate-cocktail-table-arcade-machine-with-vertical-horizontal-games/

I'm jealous! ;) My brother has one with boards for Green Beret, Salamander, R-Type, and Street Fighter 2. It's a great way to play. Enjoy!

Green Beret...how I hated that game. The first 10 seconds and the siren sound already make me want to not play it. ^^

You get all the ones that come on the list. So it comes with 500 games or so. You can't get the two Dungeons and Dragons games I mentioned. Some kids in the 1990's desecrated some churches and blamed it on the 2 D&D games. The company won't sell the boards because of this. Was part of the religion vs D&D back in the 80's and 90's.

You can get Tower of Doom and Shadow over Mystara on other platforms but the company that owns the boards for the arcade games won't release them. That's what the guy told my wife anyhow.

OMG. That's fantastic! Not the part about the DnD games. I lived through that ridiculous period, and am amazed that it still has an effect today. Religious fanatics ruining our fun once again...

Awesome. :D

Plenty of good games there.

How does it work? Is it a PC in there with MAME installed? Does it have a USB port or something to let you add more ROMS? Can you just add the Mystara ROMS?

It uses the actual boards from the games. It's not PC and MAME. It states they use JAMMA PCB arcade game circuit boards. It's kinda expensive but my wife and I just built a new house and it's the centerpiece for the basement.

Two people can play at the same time so I expect to have some fun with Rampage and Gauntlet.

Ninja turtles, arkenoid, street fighter, pac-man, space invaders.. Good times

Nice one, Hastar. That'll keep you going when you're taking a break from the adventuring. If it saves high scores, all the better too. :)

I'm not sure if you saw my thread on arcades here last year, but basically my fascination for exploring MAME and nostalgia for the arcade experience were key reasons that kept me from posting on the 'Watch for a couple of months. https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36913

I also got into a site called RetroUprising which I thoroughly recommend for arcade enthusiasts but have to warn: it can be a little addictive. ;)

Arcades were great. A blast from the past just thinking those times. I just googled a bit and I fondly remember playing these arcade games:

Outran, Sunset riders, Metal slug series, Samurai Showdown II, Double Dragon, Daytona USA, Sega Rally, Mortal Kombat I & II, Street Fighter 2, Tekken 2, TMN: Turtles in time, virtua cop, Time crisis, house of the dead... :)

I made my own bartop (nearly complete in photo) arcade cabinet to play these old arcade games.
Favourite games: Gorf, Robotron, Pacman, Astro Blaster, Phoenix, Rainbow Islands, Defender, Galaga, Donkey Kong, and about 1000 others.

This thread is making me seriously jealous. :)
How long did it take you to make the bartop machine?

Last edited:
Awesome :)

jailbroken ipad 3 with iMame + iCade case:

tq706.jpg

very low cost since i already had the ipad 3 and got the case really cheap (around $50).. switched out the buttons to the real deal (they're awfully noisy in the original case). obviously not as great as something above but i mostly just spend 8-10 minutes with some of my favorites (donkey kong, metal slug, Ghouls 'n Ghosts, Aliens and a few others), and not too often to be honest…

Awesome :)

jailbroken ipad 3 with iMame + iCade case:

very low cost since i already had the ipad 3 and got the case really cheap (around $50).. switched out the buttons to the real deal (they're awfully noisy in the original case). obviously not as great as something above but i mostly just spend 8-10 minutes with some of my favorites (donkey kong, metal slug, Ghouls 'n Ghosts, Aliens and a few others), and not too often to be honest…

looks good to me vurt!

… i mostly just spend 8-10 minutes with some of my favorites (donkey kong, metal slug, Ghouls 'n Ghosts, Aliens and a few others), and not too often to be honest…

Thought I recognised Ghouls 'n Ghosts in the image, really enjoyed playing that ages ago in a dark corner at the back of a crummy little cafe. Oh the memories lol.

Last year I went on a spree downloading ROMs for all the classic arcade games I could remember, must have tried 4-5 versions of that trying to find the best one. Was fun even if it was just emulation.

Back
Top Bottom