Commodore story - film & book

Not me. Over time once promising architecture, sci fi architecture to be more precise, failed.

For example, noone remembers what IFF is. It was ment to be and universal file format for any kind of media, it's 30+ years old, created by, you won't believe this - Electronic Arts. It was looking at future too, so containers, or so callen chunks, had an identifier what type of file is in, anyone who made a new type of media could just reserve a free number for that new format.
IFF was abandoned and we faced stupidities like gif wars resulting in unnecessary png. Only in 2002. someone warmed their chair and created Matroska, a container type format that can hold anything inside just like IFF was yet open for everyone to use.

Semaphore, Vic and Sid, later Angus, Paula and Denise, wha's dat?
It was a superb architecture opposed to those days IBM's PC. PC joined the race much later with different cards, later onboard chips much later and only "recently" we're seeing an explosion of SoC in phones and ofc consoles. Yet even today, a machine with specialized components is more powerful than any SoC. An old architecture started by Commodore.

I bet in this project we won't see stories about ingenious innovations Commodore did. We'll most probably see stories about Psygnosis.
The project is already funded so if anyone jumps into it, give me a nudge if the documentary shows actual Commodore doing things before it's time, not (now generally defunct) publishers that used it only as a road for their products.

Back
Top Bottom