Does Anyone Read This Thread for News?

• Yes

Votes: 53 89.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters
Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Faction Spotlight Dvar Video

Knights of the Chalice II November 2018 Update
Here is a small update on the development of Knights of the Chalice 2. Well, I'm still working on content production. I need to save time, so I will just make a few comments and provide eight screenshots.
Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog - Ruwa
Greetings warriors of Calradia!

Great news! The first baby in Calradia has been born! Yay!

The mother, is us, the player, a woman named Boudicca: a caravan raider hailing from the misty foothills of Battania. On our travels (read: raids), we managed to steal the heart of Usair, an Aserai warlord who sports a proud moustache.

On a more serious note, we are extremely excited to be able to share this with you. Children are something we have been working on for some time now and to finally see them implemented and working in-game has been a really rewarding experience. We have plenty to talk about in terms of dynasties and how children will work as a feature in the game, but we will save that for a later date.
Queen's Wish: The Conqueror Update #10
As promised, we have completed the main body of Queen's Wish: The Conqueror engine work. There's still a fair amount that needs doing. We need to finalize the interface and add a lot of frills, like weather effects. However, the game is fully playable.

The new graphical engine works great and has enabled us to add a lot of things that are overdue. For example, we finally have a game with mouse wheel support. We're also adding a lot of stuff our games have never had before, like a full fast travel system.

Bbbm ?

Beamdog Nov 23th Livestream & Recap

So many sales! Beamdog CEO Trent Oster and Producer Luke Rideout share the latest on Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition and yell "Black Friday!". DM Grumpycat from the popular NWN:EE persistent world Arelith calls in to share her experiences as a Neverwinter Nights player and dungeon master.
Read the Full Recap on the Beamblog

Norfolk Warriors Virtual Tabletop Game Beta December 1st.

Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Backer And Funding Progress Update
Hello Everyone, It has been a while since the last update, sorry to have kept you all waiting. The final numbers for the funding and backer totals across all the campaigns are in, so we wanted to share those with you today.                     
Backers: 81,087

Funding Total: $7,179,510

Quite an impressive score, isn't it!? Seeing the final numbers, all of us here can't help but feel all over again the immensity of the support everyone has given to make this project come true! Thank you!

There are now less than 10 months left until the release date on August 27, 2019! Everyone on the team is giving it all they got every day in the run-up to the release, and we hope we can continue to count on your support.

And in a closing note… More than 80% of you have answered the now-closed surveys. Development of rewards based on survey responses is now underway! Thank you all very much for your answers!! 
Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem Update #85 - Technical Beta Phase Two Live
Phase 2 is now available, let's see all the nice additions we made for this new testing phase. I also want to share a bit of future acts progression, and invite you to share your questions and vote for the next video.
General information regarding T-Beta Phase 2

Is it representative of the Beta or the final game?

No. The Technical Beta has limited content on purpose and doesn't reflect the Beta or the final game. Everything you will experience is still a work in progress.

What are we testing?

For this phase, our technical focus will be on the stability of the 14 international servers and on the ability to join a pending game with your friends. These 14 servers are spread to ensure that everyone throughout the world can have a low latency, don’t hesitate to let us know if you have latency issues and specify your region.

How long will the TB-2 be available?

The servers are open from November 22nd to December 6th, 2018.

I just wondered if there'll ever be a game about the Ango-Saxon invasion of the British Islands ?

Rock Paper Shotgun Writer Dumps on Final Fantasy XIV Fans at Fan Festival

Recently, after a promotional trip paid by Square Enix, Brendan Caldwell of Rock Paper Shotgun wrote a very unflattering article about the Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival which insulted both the game and it?s fans. As this is becoming a common occurrence I decided that it?s about time I start applying my own special brand of opinion and critical commentary to the actions of Games Journalists as it is becoming more and more readily apparent that they hate Gamers.
Thea 2: The Shattering Story Trailer

In the dark world of Thea, survival is forever a struggle. Now that the earth has Shattered, only the gods can help their people find safety.
Game Banshee Thronebreaker:The Witcher Tales Review
Overall, Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales is a nice game. Dare I say "pleasant"? It tells an effective story, and it is polished in many ways, but it's also lightweight. It's far too easy to play, even on the toughest difficulty setting, and it covers a lot of the same ground as The Banner Saga trilogy without providing anywhere near the same sort of tension or pathos. The outlets giving Thronebreaker a 90% or better score are just plain wrong. They're either fooling themselves or trying to fool you. But still, you could do a lot worse than Thronebreaker. If a balance patch comes out, then it might elevate itself to "good," but for now I'd only recommend you try the game out if you can get it on sale. Or if you really love The Witcher and / or Gwent.

This seems to be a much better review of the actual state of hte game and aligns well with user reviews I have read. The idea is nice but it is just too easy. Anyway I haven't played but if they do improve the balance I might bite one day.

Game Banshee Thronebreaker:The Witcher Tales Review

I am not sure we've seen a worse AAA video game launch, at least not in recent history. I feel bad for Fallout Fans, I really do.

Last edited:
Underworld while disappointing is small potatoes compared to some of the really large fiasco. It is sort of like comparing a rain drop to an ocean sort of thing; no matter how crappy it is still just a rain drop.

We cannot know for sure which game will be GOTY 2018. But the nominees for the biggest fiasco of the year are Fallout 76 and Underworld Ascendant. Cast your votes :p

How Ultima 4 and Wasteland Ushered in a New Era of Maturity for RPGs
A decade after the earliest computer role-playing games made their debut on PLATO terminals at American universities, Japanese designers defined their own distinct approach to the genre by paring it down to its essence. Dragon Quest and the hundreds of games it inspired gave players a very small amount of freedom within narrow parameters. This marked a significant change from open-ended American RPGs, but it proved to be a perfect fit for the tastes of Japan's gamers.

Back in the U.S., however, computer RPG designers chafed at the limitations that defined their digital adventures. Most of these creators had cut their respective role-playing teeth on tabletop games, where play mechanics existed primarily as rules of order for stories that were bound in scope and direction only by the game master's imagination? or their willingness to entertain players? unpredictable whims, anyway. Computers, especially the primitive home computers of the early ?80s, could only hint at the expansive chaos of a great tabletop session. With the likes of Wizardry, The Bard's Tale, and Ultima having laid down the preliminary outlines of PC role-playing, developers now set about the task of pushing the boundaries beyond those cramped basics
Grim Dawn Grim Misadventure #152 - Dressed to Slay
We?re here with another Grim Misadventure!

Last time, we dug up some of the grossest new additions to the monster repertoire. Today is a bit more tasteful as we get into just how you?ll be dressing up to deal with these horrors.

Did you know that Grim Dawn has a ton of cool items? Well, we?re always adding MOAR.

Please note that as the expansion is still under development, the following information may change by release. Damage values are scaled by player attributes.
Final Paid DLC for Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Coming Soon
Obsidian Entertainment and Versus Evil have announced that the final paid DLC expansion for Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire will be arriving on December 13th. "The Forgotten Sanctum" DLC will bring with it new quests and a massive new dungeon to explore as the Archmages of Eora call upon the Watcher to avert a potential catastrophe.
Ghost of a Tale Coming to Console in February
SeithCG has announced that its adventure RPG Ghost of a Tale will be released on consoles in February 2019. The game, which was released for PC in March 2018 and is currently available on Xbox Game Preview, will be released simultaneously on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Ghost of a Tale was initially announced in 2013 and follows an anthropomorphic mouse named Tilo in a medieval world populated entirely by animal characters on a quest to find his true love Merra. The game features stealth elements, disguises, conversations with allies and enemies, and quests. The developer states that the game should take between eight and twenty hours depending on how much of the side content is completed.
Law Firm Investigating Bethesda & Fallout 76 for 'Deceptive Trade Practices'
A Washington D.C.-based law firm called Migliaccio & Rathod LLP is reportedly investigating Bethesda for "deceptive trade practices". The firm is heavily vested in consumer protection law as evidenced by case studies in civil rights, environmental contamination, and unfair and deceptive trade practices. The investigation into Bethesda is based on players seemingly being unable to receive refunds for their purchases and for "releasing a heavily-glitched game".

Pathfinder: Kingmaker Hotfix 1.1.2 was released.

Link - https://steamcommunity.com/games/Pathfinder_Kingmaker/announcements/detail/1720834531684911519

Please, be aware of the plot spoilers in the description below (in the Quest, Areas and Kingdom sections)!

Quests

• The "Turn the barony into an independent country" objective of the quest "How to Build a Kingdom" could get stuck even after the player fulfilled necessary conditions. Resolution: fixed.
  • The "How to Build a Kingdom" quest got stuck on the "Reach rank 8 of any kingdom's stats" objective even when the rank of kingdom stat was already 8 or higher. Resolution: fixed.
  • Added information on where to find Jenna during the "Lost Child" quest to the Journal (she is waiting for the player at the Capital Tavern, as she always was).

Areas

• The peasant rebellion at the Capital Square conflicted with the romance event at the Tavern. Resolution: fixed.
  • Nok-Nok could get stuck in the "Goblin Clearing" area. Resolution: fixed.
  • For Tristian and Jaethal, incorrect dialogue could be displayed after the "Test of Loyalty" event. Resolution: fixed.
  • From now on, companions involved in a romantic relationship with the player will gain twice as many affection points for dialogue interactions during the Twice-Born Warlord and the War of the River Kings chapters. This will give the players another chance to properly develop their romances before the game's finale.

Kingdom

• The number of new projects shown in the kingdom UI could be incorrect. Resolution: fixed.
  • The event about Jubilost's article could trigger even after Jhod was not available to present it. Resolution: the event will not happen in this case.
  • Incorrect visualization for results of Pitax Influence events. Resolution: fixed.

User Interfaces

• Many tutorial illustrations have been updated.
  • Carry weight: there used to be no notification on party overload. Resolution: fixed.
  • Inspect: the DCs of checks that must be passed to reveal information about enemies were added to the Inspect window.
  • There was no information on the Favored Enemy bonus with ranged attacks in the Combat Log. Resolution: fixed.

Classes & Mechanics

• Some effects from cleric Domain Powers did not provide bonuses. Resolution: fixed.
  • Some cleric Domain Powers did not show the proper number of charges left on the control panel. Resolution: fixed.
  • Aldori Defender's ability Defensive Parry was only giving +1 AC regardless of character level. Resolution: fixed.
  • Wild Hunt Archer's Attack bonus increased every time they attack targets in some specific cases. Resolution: fixed.
  • Players couldn't level-up Octavia using a premade build. Resolution: fixed for players that haven't had Octavia as their companion yet.
  • Enhancing your weapon for +2 with Arcane Weapon Enhancement while Enduring Blade was on resulted in only a +1 bonus. Resolution: fixed.
  • Enabling more expensive Arcane Weapon Enhancements for Magus and Divine Weapon Enhancements for Paladin would not always disable the proper amount of previously used enhancements and did not properly recalculate the enhancement bonus left. Resolution: fixed.
  • Bonuses to attack and damage from Shield Master feat were not showing up on the character screen. Resolution: fixed.
  • Shield Master feat did not negate the penalty you suffer on your attack rolls with a shield when fighting with two weapons. Resolution: fixed.
  • Ranged Legerdemain - the Arcane Trickster's ability - was fixed.
  • The Lantern King's Curse restricted characters' caster level and didn't impact on outgoing healing. Resolution: fixed.
  • Balance adjustment: the Dаmage Reduction and Energy Resistance of enemies is halved on Normal difficulty and disabled on Story difficulty.

Misc

• Some bow models could make the character model invisible in the Inventory. Resolution: fixed.
  • Linzi, Tristian and Jaethal could disappear from the party roster in some cases. Resolution: fixed. Affected players can pick up the missing character in the Capital.
  • Players were confused by the absence of a loading screen after the "baronation" event - there was just a long fade-out instead. Resolution: fixed
  • Short bows had visual issues while equipped on the back. Resolved: fixed.
  • Some fixes for death and fainting animations.

Obsidian Entertainment announcing new RPG at The Game Awards.

Link - https://www.rpgsite.net/news/8052-obsidian-entertainment-announcing-new-rpg-at-the-game-awards
Obsidian Entertainment has begun teasing an upcoming announcement for a new RPG, set to reveal at The Game Awards on December 6. This is confirmed to be the project announced last December under Take Two's indie publishing label Private Division. As revealed last year, this RPG is helmed by Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky, co-creators of the original Fallout.

The teaser comes as 'pop-up ads' on Obsidian's homepage, featuring several images similar in style to what you might imagine from a Fallout or Bioshock game. A Linkedin account unearthed last year has potentially revealed that this title is a 3rd person action RPG.
Obisidian Teaser 1.jpg Obisidian Teaser 2.jpg

Obisidian Teaser 3.jpg Obisidian Teaser 4.jpg

Last Remnant Remastered Trailers

Assassin's Creed Odyssey: Legacy of the First Blade DLC Launch Trailer

Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr Season II: Khorne content update Live
An unexpected Chaos incursion into the vaults of a renowned Navigator House exposes a disturbing new conflict in a forsaken region of the Caligari Sector. The trail of buried secrets leads to a place that shouldn?t even exist and unleashes the tide of carnage that will soon engulf entire planets if the agents of the Inquisition cannot stop the mayhem of Khorne, the Chaos God of war, rage and hate.

The new Season for ?Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor ? Martyr? will let loose the bloodthirsty followers of Khorne in the Caligari Sector, opening up a new Subsector with new star systems, introducing the Daemons of Khorne and the visually stunning and macabre gameplay mechanics designed to conjure the atmosphere of battling the violent and primal followers of the Blood God, while two brand new investigations will tell the dark story behind the existence of the Voidrippers, the unique sandboxed Chaos Space Marine Chapter worshipping Khorne.

We cannot know for sure which game will be GOTY 2018. But the nominees for the biggest fiasco of the year are Fallout 76 and Underworld Ascendant. Cast your votes :p

I guess it makes me small, but even though I personally enjoy Fallout 76, I am gratified to see it die in the press. This gives me hope that Bethesda will give up on multiplayer and go back to their bread and butter. I'm so tired of them milking the same games over and over. We don't need 76 more versions of Skyrim and Fallout. We need totally new games in the two series, not retreads.

I guess it makes me small, but even though I personally enjoy Fallout 76, I am gratified to see it die in the press. This gives me hope that Bethesda will give up on multiplayer and go back to their bread and butter. I'm so tired of them milking the same games over and over. We don't need 76 more versions of Skyrim and Fallout. We need totally new games in the two series, not retreads.

You couldn't have said it better. Fully agreed.

Well another Hofix to fix Pathfinder: Kingmaker Hotfix 1.1.2 was released.

Link - https://steamcommunity.com/games/Pathfinder_Kingmaker/announcements/detail/1720835165967881502

Hello everyone!

Please, be aware of the plot spoilers in the description below (in the Quest, Areas and Kingdom sections)!

Quests

• The "Turn the barony into an independent country" objective of the quest "How to Build a Kingdom" could get stuck even after the player fulfilled necessary conditions. Resolution: fixed.
  • The "How to Build a Kingdom" quest got stuck on the "Reach rank 8 of any kingdom's stats" objective even when the rank of kingdom stat was already 8 or higher. Resolution: fixed.
  • Added information on where to find Jenna during the "Lost Child" quest to the Journal (she is waiting for the player at the Capital Tavern, as she always was).

Areas

• The peasant rebellion at the Capital Square conflicted with the romance event at the Tavern. Resolution: fixed.
  • Nok-Nok could get stuck in the "Goblin Clearing" area. Resolution: fixed.
  • For Tristian and Jaethal, incorrect dialogue could be displayed after the "Test of Loyalty" event. Resolution: fixed.
  • From now on, companions involved in a romantic relationship with the player will gain twice as many affection points for dialogue interactions during the Twice-Born Warlord and the War of the River Kings chapters. This will give the players another chance to properly develop their romances before the game's finale.

Kingdom

• The number of new projects shown in the kingdom UI could be incorrect. Resolution: fixed.
  • The event about Jubilost's article could trigger even after Jhod was not available to present it. Resolution: the event will not happen in this case.
  • Incorrect visualization for results of Pitax Influence events. Resolution: fixed.

User Interfaces

• Many tutorial illustrations have been updated.
  • Carry weight: there used to be no notification on party overload. Resolution: fixed.
  • Inspect: the DCs of checks that must be passed to reveal information about enemies were added to the Inspect window.
  • There was no information on the Favored Enemy bonus with ranged attacks in the Combat Log. Resolution: fixed.

Classes & Mechanics

• Some effects from cleric Domain Powers did not provide bonuses. Resolution: fixed.
  • Some cleric Domain Powers did not show the proper number of charges left on the control panel. Resolution: fixed.
  • Aldori Defender's ability Defensive Parry was only giving +1 AC regardless of character level. Resolution: fixed.
  • Wild Hunt Archer's Attack bonus increased every time they attack targets in some specific cases. Resolution: fixed.
  • Players couldn't level-up Octavia using a premade build. Resolution: fixed for players that haven't had Octavia as their companion yet.
  • Enhancing your weapon for +2 with Arcane Weapon Enhancement while Enduring Blade was on resulted in only a +1 bonus. Resolution: fixed.
  • Enabling more expensive Arcane Weapon Enhancements for Magus and Divine Weapon Enhancements for Paladin would not always disable the proper amount of previously used enhancements and did not properly recalculate the enhancement bonus left. Resolution: fixed.
  • Bonuses to attack and damage from Shield Master feat were not showing up on the character screen. Resolution: fixed.
  • Shield Master feat did not negate the penalty you suffer on your attack rolls with a shield when fighting with two weapons. Resolution: fixed.
  • The Lantern King's Curse restricted characters' caster level and didn't impact on outgoing healing. Resolution: fixed.
  • Balance adjustment: the Dаmage Reduction and Energy Resistance of enemies is halved on Normal difficulty and disabled on Story difficulty.

Miscellaneous

• Some bow models could make the character model invisible in the Inventory. Resolution: fixed.
  • Linzi, Tristian and Jaethal could disappear from the party roster in some cases. Resolution: fixed. Affected players can pick up the missing character in the Capital.
  • Players were confused by the absence of a loading screen after the "baronation" event - there was just a long fade-out instead. Resolution: fixed
  • Short bows had visual issues while equipped on the back. Resolved: fixed.
  • Some fixes for death and fainting animations.
List is almost the same as the Beta one.

Back
Top Bottom