Aeon of Sands - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The dungeon crawler Aeon of Sands - The Trail is now available on Steam:

Aeon of Sands - The Trail

We are happy to announce the release of our game "Aeon of Sands - The Trail". After 6 years of work it's finally done!

Aeon of Sands - The Trail combines a Dungeon Crawling RPG with Game Books! Extremely non-linear, replayable story with multiple endings.
More information.

I feel much better about being so amazingly lazy when I hear it took them 6 years to make something like this.

Then again, no one needs to feel bad about being slow developers in a world where Grimoire exists ;)

And Kenshi will be released on December 6 (How do I say "übermorgen" in English?) - this was in Early Access for a long time, too.

And Kenshi will be released on December 6 (How do I say "übermorgen" in English?) - this was in Early Access for a long time, too.

Never heard of that one. Looks pretty interesting. Seems to be very well received, too :)

Looks cool but it's priced too high at $20. One of the best ways to tell if a game is priced right is the number of reviews (good or bad - it doesn't matter). A correctly priced game will have dozens of reviews after launch day, an indication that it's selling.

Looks cool but it's priced too high at $20. One of the best ways to tell if a game is priced right is the number of reviews (good or bad - it doesn't matter). A correctly priced game will have dozens of reviews after launch day, an indication that it's selling.

This.

What?? My 3 years of waiting is reaching an end.. Wow, that is a great news.

Hi, we're running a 30% off sale for the 100 days since release :)

The game is currently only 13,29€ / 13,99$ / £ 11,89 until Sunday 17/03/19!

During these 100 days we hope we've made Aeon of Sands 100% better!

Here's the list of things we've done since release:
https://steamcommunity.com/games/907820/announcements/detail/1792902279116304511

Among which, 6 patches improving exploration and combat, 2 DLCs (Art Book and Soundtrack) and 2 portings (macOS and Linux)

hasKs4a.jpg

Enjoy! :)

Thanks Marcuz. Can I ask how you've improved the combat? I played the game briefly on release and enjoyed the art style and atmosphere, but not the combat.

Thank you Pongo,

- we have made range combat more useful:
- re-balanced all range weapons;
- added counters to the stacks of ammunition;
- added side effects to some projectiles;

- then we added an active pause in easy mode: you can pause the game while being able to still manage your character's inventory;

- all the boss fights were re-hauled, so that there are more strategic elements to them;

- we've re-hauled hard mode intensely, so that is more challenging: not only the enemy stats, but also their behaviour.

This way we have separated more easy, normal and hard mode, so that who likes more a turn based combat can go for easy mode and pause often if he feels overwhelmed, and who likes challenging action can go for hard mode.

There are many more changes to the overall game, and fixes, the whole changelogs are on our Steam announcement page:

https://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791463028260/announcements/

(the page is down at the moment, but that's a Steam issue)

Great, thanks for the response. It's good to hear you've made so many improvements! I'll give it another go.

Steam Winter Sale: 75% OFF Aeon of Sands

During the Steam Winter Sale, Aeon of Sands, a game that inhabited the 2010's at length, is being ushered out for good with the terminal discount of 75% off, to welcome a new decade!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/907820/Aeon_of_Sands__The_Trail/

I look forward to see in what new or retrofitted ways we'll misuse the new decade, but I hope it will be at least interesting.
Happy new decade RPGWatch!

giphy.gif

Disclaimer:
- Aeon of Sands (AoS) does not endorse Climate Change;
- No lizards or leeches have been purposely harmed to create AoS;
- AoS ranked #1 on RPGCodex, as the game that everybody love to hate and misunderstand in 2019;
- It ranked only the third place on RPGWatch though!
- You probably will be able to like it, if you:
- don't stress over "winning";
- don't care about "completing";
- are ok with flaws;
- like to read in games, and/or be punished by texts, just because you exist;​
- You probably will be prevented to like it, if - non exclusively - you:
- are detest meta (whatever that means);
- are a hoarder
- things should make sense at all times, and you should be in control;
- You detest the color orange.​

Last edited:
Back