Can we get another turned-based CRPG already? @ B'n'B

So you persist and sign, everything dull in Drakensang? The problem is "everything", it's so ridiculous that it shows you didn't took one second to analyze flaws and qualities of the game.

Now I'm sure you'll persist and sign again with some flat humor, that's your way to do it.

Once you accept how people respond differently to games, you'll have a much easier time not taking it personally when they do.

Think about what "everything" means in the context. Do I mean every single color-change on every single pixel? No. That's why I said it was a very competent game, and that it was pretty. Those are two qualites, right?

I mean the overall experience - as in the IMPRESSION it left with me, was that everything (not literally everything) was just… dull.

Try to accept that I'm not lying about it, or missed something huge that was right in front of me.

Try to accept that I just didn't like the game, and maybe that's ok.

What do you say?

Blah blah

What do you say?

You want debate about a vague general feeling you got on a game… There's nothing to debate about such thing and nobody care of your vague general feeling.

EDIT: To pinpoint it, such general vague feeling even means nothing to yourself, perhaps you was mildly sick and didn't realized it, in a bad mood, with personal problems, just played a totally amazing game making pale all other, …. Plenty external elements can influence a vague general feeling on a game.

I think part of the problem with drakensang is the game feels sort of static(for lack of a better word)

I think they tried to adress this with the pop-up of the various mini-quests within the town. They come, as your character or party progresses …

Only this week, I found out abbout a mini-quest I had totally overlooked in my first ttempt, because i never visited that tavern again. And one mini-quest is *only* available in Murulosch *shortly before* your very last journey to the end … I found this out only via the official clue-book to Drakensang 1. I didn't know it.

I also didn't know about the traps after the Firefalls being a hint to how to use the "Grolmish Consoles" later … And if you manage to use ech one of these "consoles" without a single mistake, then a rather hidden cache of stuff opens up at the foot of the stairs … Didn't know that, too … And regarding the above mentioned traps : Try to get through them without triggering a single one !

And, for the record : Drakensang 2 is my "dream game". I'll cherish it long after Dragon Age is gone - or has evolved into sime kind of franchise ...

Drakensang 2 is now in line with my personal list of my personal favourite games, which includes (among others) Indiana Jones And The Fate Of Atlantis, Monkey Island 1, Simon The Sorcerer and Commander Keen. ;)

Once you accept how people respond differently to games, you'll have a much easier time not taking it personally when they do.

Think about what "everything" means in the context. Do I mean every single color-change on every single pixel? No. That's why I said it was a very competent game, and that it was pretty. Those are two qualites, right?

I mean the overall experience - as in the IMPRESSION it left with me, was that everything (not literally everything) was just… dull.

Try to accept that I'm not lying about it, or missed something huge that was right in front of me.

Try to accept that I just didn't like the game, and maybe that's ok.

What do you say?

People don't have a problem with your opinions, it's the way you give them, like you are talking down to us.

People don't have a problem with your opinions, it's the way you give them, like you are talking down to us.

Try reading what I'm responding to first.

People are telling me I'm wrong, delusional, and being ridiculous because I didn't like Drakensang - and I'm the one talking down to you?

Being talked down to is sometimes an inevitable part of being challenged - as you can't really evolve without being taught something new, and it happens to me all the time.

The ignore option is a smart way of avoiding getting these feelings, because I'm probably never going to manage talking to people like they want me to.

Back
Top Bottom