Pricewatch!

Could you better clarify this, please?

When you buy the bundle, you don't pay for the games you already own (since you know, you already own them). That means that their price gets removed from the bundle total.

For example, I already own the Tomb Raider reboot, so if the bundle price is 40 and that game is 10, the bundle cost me 30 for all the other games (that's not the real prices, I just made the math easy).

I also think it's somewhat disingenuous of Steam to list their release date as "2012" (the date they were added to Steam) without showing their original release dates.

Seriously! I mean, I would be more forgiving if there was a linear progression to the series ... but instead I look at the games I don't own and see "oh, this was released in Nov 2012 too, gee thanks!"

Could you better clarify this, please?
It's similar to how GOG has been doing these for eons. If you've already got a game then you don't have to buy it a second time. The math works out very nicely as you still get the bundle discount and the sale discount, even though you aren't buying the whole bundle.

There was a sale a few weeks ago on a Dead or Alive bundle that included the game plus a couple of DLC costume packs. Now the DLC packages for this game are pretty insane so the price of the two DLC packages together comes to about $90. The game itself is $40 so the bundle covered $130. The bundle discount knocked that down 77%. Plus the bundle itself was on sale, knocking down the price another 60%. I already had the game, though, so for me the bundle was really just the two DLCs for about $11. (That was still a little pricey for what I was getting, IMHO, but I got it anyway.)

I also think it's somewhat disingenuous of Steam to list their release date as "2012" (the date they were added to Steam) without showing their original release dates.
I'm not sure what's up with those dates. I've seen games give their Steam publish date and other games (like the first XCom, which I just checked) give the original publish date.

Since there has been some mentions about Drakensang...Drakensang: The River Of Time is now 75% off (4.99$) on Bundle Stars. As joxer would say, "it is a must have",and a must play,hehe. If you don't already have it,give it a try.

Since there has been some mentions about Drakensang…Drakensang: The River Of Time is now 75% off (4.99$) on Bundle Stars. As joxer would say, "it is a must have",and a must play,hehe. If you don't already have it,give it a try.

Just the obligatory warning: This is the steam version which is english only.
If you want the German version (which makes sense if you speak German, as it's a German Game), better get it on amazon for 5€:
https://www.amazon.de/Drakensang-Am...389&sr=8-1&keywords=drakensang+fluss+der+zeit

I guess it has something to do with their bankruptcy and splitting up licenses.
From what I understood Drakensang was so expensive and so much effort was put into the German version (including pristine voice actors) that they couldn't make enough money from it to get even.
That's also the reason why I recommend to stay away from the Add On Philasseons Secret which was pushed out after they already ran out of money. Horrible, horrible add on.

Oh,yes. I see. Very,very unfortunate. Played both Drakensang games,and are my favorite games,just had so much fun with them. Did not played the add on.
Playing Drakensang now actually. :)

That's also the reason why I recommend to stay away from the Add On Philasseons Secret which was pushed out after they already ran out of money. Horrible, horrible add on.

I played the German gold version myself and I would say that "horrible, horrible add-on" is a bit of hyperbole.

The add-on integrates into the main game and if -like me- you have avoided spoilers then you might not even realize at first when you enter the add-on region.

The add-on region is visually pleasing and, yes, it is kind of small and pretty weak in terms of content but River of Time is a fairly long game and a few hours of not-so-great content don't really spoil the fun too much IMHO.

The game is not totally awesome from start to finish anyway. It has better and weaker parts and Phileasson's Secret is a more grindy, weaker part but it's alright. It will help you gain a couple levels and so you will definitely get some fun out of developing your party further.

I would probably not buy the add-on as a separate product if I already owned or even played the main game but in case someone has not bought or played the game yet, I'd say just get the gold version and approach it with an open mind.
It's really not that bad. It's bad if you paid €20 (or whatever it was) for it when it came out but as part of the gold version on a deep discount? Just do it! :)

Well, I'd say it is that bad. ^^
But you are also right, that if you play it together with the main game, and water it down enough it becomes bearable. :p

The game is not totally awesome from start to finish anyway. It has better and weaker parts and Phileasson's Secret is a more grindy, weaker part but it's alright. It will help you gain a couple levels and so you will definitely get some fun out of developing your party further.

I would probably not buy the add-on as a separate product if I already owned or even played the main game but in case someone has not bought or played the game yet, I'd say just get the gold version and approach it with an open mind.
It's really not that bad. It's bad if you paid €20 (or whatever it was) for it when it came out but as part of the gold version on a deep discount? Just do it! :)

The addon is a plain grinder, doesn't bring anything new nor interesting to the game.
Both Drakensang games are musthaves and mustplays before you die. The PS addon is avoidware. There is no reason to buy it at all, it's that bad. Buy only if DarkSouls is you best game ever made.
The physical "collection" has both games and addon included it so if someone bought that one, it's not a mistake.

Hmm..and it's not even Friday yet. lol
If the internet is right,then, tomorrow it stars on Steam as well,it is going to be as a Winter sale as well.

I'm ashamed to say that I never got around to playing the Drakensang games. They've been stuck in my backlog forever.
Same. I started the first game a while back, but it didn't quite stick. I should give it a proper chance.

Back
Top Bottom