Last game(s) you bought

I picked up Pathologic and Space Empires 4 on the strength of a friend's suggestion. Both look and sound pretty cool.

I picked up the new Wizardry release (well, new for computer anyways) via great old games a few days ago. I'm in no immediate rush to dive in, I'll allow a few weeks time to pass for patches/updates, then I will take the plunge.

Walking Dead: Final Season just came out on Steam. Been waiting for this for ages :biggrin: Also picked up Trails in the Sky for some point down the road.

I picked up the new Wizardry release (well, new for computer anyways) via great old games a few days ago. I'm in no immediate rush to dive in, I'll allow a few weeks time to pass for patches/updates, then I will take the plunge.

I don't think it's getting any patches. This games development ended a long time ago. All the delays were publisher bullshit.

(Just set Text Speed to FAST via the in-game Settings, not the main menu.)

I've seen at least one patch/update so far, which I believe landed on January the twenty-second. I always assume the first two to four months will see steady updates, so I allow that time to pass before I venture in.

Ohoho, It was Bioshock Infinite. I know, It's old game, buy why not

Since February I've picked up ~30 games from sales and bundles, more than I have in over a year. Highlights: Pathfinder:Kingmaker, Shenmu 1&2, Yakuza Kiwami 2, Sherlock Holmes: Devils Daughter, Shadow Tactics, Starpoint Gemini Warlords, Atom.

I mostly follow sales on GOG. Picked up Neo Scavenger. Last week bought King's bounty.

Someone mentioned in pricewatch kiwamis are discounted so I thought okay, yakuza 0 was fun and of a dozen of minigames two needed cheating because of atrocious k+m impossible to remap schemes. Bought both.

At the same time bought Vampyr, also discounted. And am playing it for a few days... Seems I'm near it's end (only one sidequest left unsolved in all 4 possible areas).
I wish I didn't buy it at all. Will write why when I finish it, most probably later today.

I wanted to give kiwami away for a while now. A pity you already bought it. It was included with a humble bundle.

I started with Yakuza 0 on your suggestion but didn't really like it so I won't ever get to play kiwami.

Last edited:
What's not to like? The world of perverts (of all possible ages) and only "normal" persons are the two MCs you play. :D
Tainted by pisspoor m+k in minigames because why should Sega make it the best brawler/rpg/manager hybrid ever, being the best doesn't pay bills.

What's not to like?
The awkward reactions, dialogue, and animations. They slow down the game too much and are pretty much unskippable. If I could skip through the dialogue faster I might actually finish it.

Still, the weird Japanese emotions and expressions make it hard to identify with the 2 MCs. I also was never a fan of minigames in my games. They detract from the main story.

Okay, you don't like the style, I geddit.
Anyway, I fired up Kiwami1. Lost myself in it and reached chapter 4 (found only one sidequest so far as the whole town is not open for exploration). So far I love it. :D

I bought two little games due to a lack of anything to play:

Stoneshard--Single-character rpg where you play either a male dwarf warrior, female knight, male ranger, or female sorceress. Not sure if race is really mentioned outside of the dwarf…

So, I'm playing the sorceress and going with pyromancy. The game is very difficult if you don't tactically use the environment to avoid getting surrounded. It is pretty basic and feels like a phone port so the key bindings are a little weird but can be edited.

The easiest class by far is the ranger as arrows have more range than any other attack and you can kill most enemies long before they reach you.

The game just has a small village where you buy supplies and then take contracts from the town elder. The tutorial character is your boss and he wants you to close out three contracts before he'll let you start working for him. I've only done two contracts so far, so that's my early impressions.

There are a couple dozen paths and you can read treaties to learn new paths. My sorcerer could learn swords or axes, but of course is better off learning spell-based stuff. I'm not sure if there are enough levels/points to truly multi-class. Probably not.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom