Stranger of Sword City - Review @ Gaming Age

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Gaming Age has reviewed Stranger of Sword City for XBox 1 and PS Vita:

There's a simple test to determine whether you're going to like Stranger of Sword City: do you like dungeon crawling? I mean, do you really, really, really like dungeon crawling? If you do, then odds are very good that you're going to love this too.

After all, you'll be doing a lot of that here. In fact, you'll be doing little else. And when you're not grinding your way through labyrinthine dungeons, you're getting ready to go back into them, whether you're managing your party, buying new weapons, getting party members healed, or chatting with various characters about gossip related to the dungeons and your party. This game is nothing if not very focused on what it wants you to do.

[...]

Grade: B
The PC-version will be released in June.

More information.

Thanks for the link to the review - can be hard to find press coverage of these kind of titles. However, the review was pretty awful - "I don't like dungeon crawlers and this is a dungeon crawler..." type of thing.

I'm not trying to be too down on the guy, but why review a genre title if you don't like the genre?

Thanks for posting this. :) I haven't played SoSC yet, but based on what I've seen, my own prediction is that this will be a great dungeon crawler...definitely better than a lot of games that have come out in this genre in the last year or two.

I'm a big fan of straight-up dungeon crawlers, so I'll be checking this out at some point when it arrives for the personal computer.

Oh boy. I can't wait to give this a spin! I know I will love it since I love dungeon-crawlers so much. :)

Back
Top Bottom