Mass Effect: Andromeda - Quarian DLC Coming?

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Eurogamer reports that Mass Effect: Andromeda may receive some quarian DLC.

And now, via the latest multiplayer APEX briefing, we've got another big hint.

For those not following Andromeda's semi-regular multiplayer events, these missions include small lumps of new story following investigations into the kett and Remnant enemies.

The latest mission involves a Remnant observatory, which has collected transmission data from what sounds like the quarian ark:

• ANALYSIS: "...trying to boost the signal. Unknown if... tech seems to be helping even if we don't know the... back to Keelah Si'yah. ...way home."
But there's no knowing yet whether this tease will materialise into something more - quarian ark single-player DLC, as fans hope, or playable quarians in the game's multiplayer mode, or just a loose thread left hanging.
[...]
More information.

The Quarian ark element is present in Single player, with some dialog with a NPC, and some messages on a terminal.

It's nothing new with APEX, just some boredom superficial players reviewers that didn't bother play the full end or just rushed it, lame. And if you find this sentence aggressive, yeah and fo, at least I'm not saying they should check some mental hospital or doctor. <insert a caustic smiley here>

That said, I played almost all DLC of ME first trilogy, and I don't care of the price, but I remind only two that worth the sweat to click some buy button. So I don't expect anything from a dev that's been shut down by their top managers.

MMO apex missions have additional text used as a "reason to visit", but it's just cosmetics, not hints to additional stuff.

Last patch brought bonus boxes and casual (DJ) outfit to owners of deluxe version and that's it. That was announced months before and expected.
Me? I got 5 MMO boxes for being helpful on EA answers. Not that I care about that stuff…

Perhaps there will be a mission DLC for ME4. But it arrive be soon. This Eurogamer's speculation is lower than photoshopped "confirmed leak" pics from different facebooks.

EA's eyes and funds are currently concentrated on their newest project, Sims Mobile. It's a phonegame, yes. You can try it on any android emulator. It's basically Dungeon Keeper phonegame just with another title.

Queerian DLC? :D

Somehow I feel that would probably be more interesting than possible Quarian DLC.

The Quarian ark element is present in Single player, with some dialog with a NPC, and some messages on a terminal.

It's nothing new with APEX, just some boredom superficial players reviewers that didn't bother play the full end or just rushed it, lame. And if you find this sentence aggressive, yeah and fo, at least I'm not saying they should check some mental hospital or doctor. <insert a caustic smiley here>

That said, I played almost all DLC of ME first trilogy, and I don't care of the price, but I remind only two that worth the sweat to click some buy button. So I don't expect anything from a dev that's been shut down by their top managers.

If you had read and understood the full Eurogamer article you would also have understood that the article states that the single player game has repeated hints about the quarian ark. The article includes a link to a different Eurogamer article, Mass Effect Andromeda Ending Analysis, that has much more details and analysis regarding the quarian hints in the single player game.

__

Somehow I feel that would probably be more interesting than possible Quarian DLC.

Since you expressed fondness for these derogatory terms such as Tranny/Queerian, I must ask you, are you some kind of sodomite in addition to being a hipster?

Not sure. Tell you what. You may always come here so let's find out what I am.
No, I don't (want to) know what will you answer be while crossing the border on business or pleasure question.

Now about that, I'm sure.

Queerian DLC? :D
:lol: Let's be honest, with BioWare, a DLC focused on queerness is entirely within the realm of possibility. SWTOR infamously added the "Gay Planet" in the "Pay To Gay" patch, and that was 4 years ago, which, in SJW years, is several lifetimes of…progress.

Hahaha

They released a patch 1.08 recently, one of biggest changes is also turning Jaal into a male romance option. :nod:

This patch shows not only the rotten state of Bioware but the gaming industry in general.
Check the patchlog. What does it "patch"?

Jaal is now bi. You can change protagonist's looks or something. Fixed one quest, wait, that quest was fixed in the previous patch. A few irrelevant things can now be bought from vendors.
And a couple of dozen fixes for MMO.

Numerous bugs remained in campaign that could (and should) have been easily fixed. All those bugs are reported and now are being rereported on EA Answers site. If fixing was problematic, but enhancing the game was a priority, then Bioware should have actually listened and add saving option while in main story missions.
What they did? Shutdown boards, alienate fans and read only social networks crap. What mattered to Bioware were only tweets from those who whined that bi Jaal is the most important thing in the universe.

Spot their explanation why they did it. You can't get some romance achievement in one playthrough if you flirt only males or something.
Seriously Bioware? Who did you make this patch for? Retards?
Who on earth cares about that "everimportant" achievement at all. What's even worse in this story the game contains at least one actually insulting achievement - hovering Nomad for 30 seconds is impossible to get with K+M. No, anyone who buys ME4 and wants that achievement has to spend more $ and buy bloody mushrooms.

This patch is an utter bullshit. This is Bethesda 2 case with their 4-5 fixes per patch in an utterly broken game.
Perhaps those 5 MMO boxes Bioware gave me for being helpful to people on EA Answers was supposed to function as hush money. My dear Bioware, feel free to take that crap back, ban me on your stupid MMO and f. off with this "patch".

EDIT:
Just so I'm not misunderstood here.
I don't protest on making Jaal romancable by both genders, more options for different audience, okay.
But making that a priority over fixing actual bugs and stuff that obviously needs rework like Mako mining I just can't understand. I refuse to understand.

Last edited:
From what I understood, Jaal was originally bi, they disabled the "male option" for whatever reasons so they probably just had to "re-enable" the flags and test through it.

The patch also have size limits thanks to Microsoft...

hovering Nomad for 30 seconds is impossible to get with K+M.
Not even on H-047c?

Yes, there, you can't do it elsewhere.
The problem is not the location where to do it, but Bioware's discrimination and it's reported not just once. Bioware doesn't care about that, it's not social networks man:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Hang-Time-Achievement-on-PC/td-p/5977372
http://www.answers.ea.com/t5/Game-I...nds-in-the-air-Did-you-manage-it/td-p/6052240
http://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Hang-Time-Achievement-on-the-PC/td-p/5981600

To quote myself from one of those threads:
To be fair towards everyone, EA should rename the achievement into "played the game at least 35 seconds on mushrooms".

Back
Top Bottom