Unofficial Patch 1.7 is out!

Wesp5

Unofficial Patcher
Find it as usual at The Patches Scrolls: http://www.patches-scrolls.com/white_gold_war_in_paradise.php#tp17

v1.7 04.04.2013
----
Added mission text to avoid both lever and key game breaking issues.
Continued improving translation, names and similar inconsistencies.
Fixed M16 reload sound and improved cutscene voice-overs, see below.

Voice-over credits:
-------------------
- Nick Lynd: Cultist, Mercenary, Somerson, Newspaper (project lead)
- Kevin Banford: Saul Meyers
- Nick Ray: Eudes
- Jack Ross: Nixon, Old man on boat
- Joezy Wales: Isiah Miles
- Mixed and mastered at MASH Studios, Sacramento, California

After installing the patch game will not launch. Below is the error message I'm getting.

sound file 'sounds\cutscenes\ambush.ogg' is not listed in cache\sndlist.dat

Reinstalling patch 1.6 fixes the problem.

Last edited:
After installing the patch game will not launch. Below is the error message I'm getting.

Damn! Another issue due to the stupid time stamp checking of the game and daylight saving. I will try to get the patch fixed today.

Last edited:
Damn! Another issue due to the stupid time stamp checking of the game and daylight saving. I will try to get the patch fixed today.

Thanks mate :)

edit - This worked for me. Courtesy of forum poster myers from patch v1.4.

So:

1. Install Xenus 2, and after the patch 1.0.1
2. Find the EngineSettings.ini in the White Gold/INI directory (maybe on C:/Program Files/Deep Shadows/White Gold/INI)
3. Copy this ini file to Documents and Settings/All Users/Shared Documents/White Gold/ini
4. Open this ini file, and edit this line:
RELEASEVERSION=1
change to
RELEASEVERSION=0
5. Try to run the game, you've got some errors…
6. Change back this line to RELEASEVERSION=1, and then run the game again!

Last edited:
Update: The patch on The Patches Scrolls has been updated and should work now!

@Wesp
Thank you for your dedication to unofficially patching White Gold, Precursors, & Bloodlines!

It sounds like half of my sound effects aren't working

I also have no weapon sounds(it is very rare occasion when I hear weapon sounds), can anyone help me.

And I see 1.8 is out, too. Still using this stuff and much appreciated, Wesp.

I never heard of this game before, is it any good?

EDIT: the thread is way before I joined RPGWatch, even raulk89's post (the last one before Huggy Face's) is two days before I joined in)

Yes, if you can live with some bugs. The first time I played was without Wesp's patch, so it's probably a lot better now. But understand it's one of those Russian-developed games that revels in that wonderful style that gives you the freedom to "break" stuff.

But these are vague impressions from some time ago, and I've yet to see what I think today. I quite enjoyed it at the time. It's a FPS/RPG hybrid. A sandbox in the Russian style. Good stuff.

Also check out The Precursors by the same devs. I'll be trying out Wesp's patch for that one for the first time, too. I can already recommend the font mod for both games by Shepard_the_3rd I just found tonight on these forums.

Edit: Did a quick pass to confirm everything is working on both games (Steam version), and they're both good. Playing in 4k, so that is worth the free price of admission right there. The graphics appear to be stretched a bit, but it's not bad. I can't stand playing in a square these days. This is tons better. As an aside, Both games still look pretty good, especially The Precursors.

There is one slight problem, if you run into it like I did. In fullscreen, the game crashes on exit to where it still haunts your desktop but doesn't appear in Task Manager. And Steam says it's still running. You have to reboot or log off Windows to fix this. To get around this problem, you can just turn off fullscreen in the options and play in a window. As I much prefer fullscreen, I'm getting around it by leaving fullscreen off in the options, but hitting Alt+Enter for fullscreen after the game loads. Then, when I'm ready to quit, I save, Alt+Enter back into windowed mode and kill the program from the taskbar in Windows.

Last edited:
Ok Captain :salute: Thanks for that !

You have to reboot or log off Windows to fix this.

If you set "Always show" option in Taskbar, then the fullscreen won't be a problem while process shutdown, and you can find the game as "Executable" with xenus icon, or in the Details as Xenus.exe or Precursors.exe.

I don't have the steam version, but I guess in that version these things works similiar.

Back
Top Bottom