The Outer Worlds - Announced

The setting certainly looks interesting. However, I suspect it's first person only, which is not something I'm a fan of.

Not sure why people keep bringing up Borderlands. Nothing indicates this is going to be anything like that gameplay-wise.

All this talk of factions reminds me of ELEX much more than Borderlands. Borderlands is cell-shaded, to begin with.

Well it has me more intrigued then that Dragon Age announcement today.:celebrate:

Obsidian also showed some game footage so that's a plus also.

Trailer does not appeal to me, but I have faith in Obsidian so I will keep an eye on it.

RPG Site: In late 2017 a forum post declared that there would be no microtransactions of any kind in Obsidian's next title, can you confirm this is still the case?

Megan Starks: Yes.
Joxer can be happy.

Borderlands, No Man's Sky, Fallout, Rage, Technomancer / Mars War Logs …

I'll wait and see.

After seeing the gameplay video, I'd say the best description is Fallout meets Bioshock. It's really nothing like the other games being mentioned.

Gameplay video? Where?

Unless a miracle happens, I'm keeping this game on my slow-cooking AvoidWare stove.

Unless a miracle happens, I'm keeping this game on my slow-cooking AvoidWare stove.

Mercy being merciful. As always. :p

…in the midst of a deep conspiracy threatening to destroy it.

Okay, so what is "it"? The ship? The Colony? The Earth? The galaxy? Thanks for the ambiguity. :p

Anyway, hopefully it'll be good.

After seeing the gameplay video, I'd say the best description is Fallout meets Bioshock. It's really nothing like the other games being mentioned.

Well, if the game is Fallout plus Bioshock then I am very comfortable with it, because I like them both. Bring it on!

Okay, so what is "it"? The ship? The Colony? The Earth? The galaxy? Thanks for the ambiguity. :p

Anyway, hopefully it'll be good.

The game tagline seems to be "Welcome to the future, try not to break it".

It might be related.

Definitely the most interesting thing shown last night.

Still not gonna pre-order but it sure has huge potential.

(Now just imagine if they release an editor as easy to use as Bethesdas! And, no, there are no mentions of it...just me dreaming.

The game tagline seems to be "Welcome to the future, try not to break it".

It might be related.
I just hope it's not some time-traveling stuff.

To me, the whole 'space western' vibe screams 'Obsidian does Firefly'. That would be a good thing. There's potential in them thar hills.

Hm. The gameplay looks really plastic. The "stiff gun arm" thing has been done to death. It looks particularly stiff and fake here. Generic "industrial spaceship" interior, too. Yellow railings!

Who knows, maybe it'll be good.

We are talking about the brains behind Fallout, Arcanum and VtM: Bloodlines. So at least I'm confident about RPG aspects and choice&consequences. I hope it won't be an open world game. Semi open will be nice like Bloodlines. I always prefer quality and quantity. Sci-fi with wild west touch seems nice.

Back
Top Bottom