FO: Other Fallout 76 impressions

Any other Fallout game
Well, I haven't missed a night since I got it and that included 3 days of strep throat :) Doesn't mean the game is great for everyone, but it's good enuf for me even with me griping.

You are a Nut - we know :)

Bit confused by this statement. I haven't played either game (will play fallout 4 one of these days); but my understanding is fallout 4 had a story ala fallout 3 - but was more fps oriented while this was just sort of a sandbox with not much in npc or story elements. Is this not correct ?

They struggled to explain very simple concepts - because they were afraid to outright call it Fallout 4 with co-op. They tried turning it into something else - and they utterly failed.

Just depends on your description. There are no humans. The early humans like the raiders and the responders and early Brotherhood types are all gone. They've been either killed or have changed into the Scorched. There is a Scorch Dragon that emits a gas that is somewhat like the Virus that mutated the Super Mutants. This virus infects its host turning them into a hive mind type creature. It feels like the many from System Shock 2 to me.

Okay, since everyone is dead the story revolves around learning what happened to the responders, the overseer, and various other groups. You'll read or listen to hundreds of pieces of lore as you put the stories together. It is interesting, but not as interesting as NPC's would have been. I'd rather have Piper, Nick, Curie, and Cait around and talking up a storm. Hell, I'd settle for Dogmeat and his whining and whimpering. It gets pretty quiet out here.

Why Bethesda will beat EA this year As Most Hated Company.:lol:

Just watched that third one.
Me too. $12 for 12 png icons? Hhahuahuhauhuahahahauhahuahuahuaaua
Yea, I know, it'll sell like horse armor, but that doesn't mean I mustn't laugh at "victims".

Most of the stuff in the store is just silly. I'd almost rather see the lunchboxes with something that adds real value, but it'd break the game.

Bit confused by this statement. I haven't played either game (will play fallout 4 one of these days); but my understanding is fallout 4 had a story ala fallout 3 - but was more fps oriented while this was just sort of a sandbox with not much in npc or story elements. Is this not correct ?

No, that's not correct. Fallout 76 is close to identical in terms of story delivery - except for the fact that NPCs aren't delivering the quests. The strength of Bethsoft Fallout games was always the environmental storytelling - and that remains 100% intact.

But there's even more of what I consider one of the best parts of Fallout 3/4 - which is location diversity - and stuff like audio logs and interesting incidental stories.

Fallout 76 was designed to be played for months and months, bringing friends and whatnot together in a base building frenzy and Atom shopping glee.

Ironically the few people enjoying it are the ones playing it as a SP game. They are also the ones who would not buy a lot in the shop since for them it is a SP game and they do not feel the need to show off.

The shop has almost nothing of interest regardless of your playstyle.

I think the population is more or less equally distributed between SP and coop players.

That said, there's a surprising amount of people talking about it that have never played it, and don't really know what they're talking about. Meaning, they really care about it - for some unknown reason.

My best guess is that it's mostly people who're anti-social and deadly afraid of multiplayer games "taking over" their singleplayer games - and the NMA crowd still angry about something with no rational underpinning. Both are desperate and pathetic enough to want to destroy what other people enjoy out of spite.

Thankfully, they don't have any power to do so :)

That's as good a term as any for the development of a sympathetic codependency between the bias that's holding you hostage and the ignorance that's making it easy, I suppose :)

Searched for something, google AI shoved me this pic instead. While that's not what I was after at all, would be a shame to ignore it besides I think it'll fit perfectly in this thread.

bd9e3ca00c1b803487a98c0d3ed68541.jpeg

I've never tried a game like this before. How does the multiplayer bit work in terms of audio? Do you have to listen to other players talking into their mics all the time (which I imagine would be very annoying) or can you turn them off whilst keeping the sound effects etc? Just curious really.

You can turn them off and it's also push to talk now, so no constant chatter.

Outside of Nuclear zones at Whitespring's Golf Course, there is hardly ever any 4-person co-op teams. Most 4-player groups are for nuclear type events. However there are tons of smaller co-op parties all the time. I'd say on average it is about 50-50 between solo players and various multiplayer parties. Solo folks will team up often too, just without forming a team. I do this quite a bit myself. Mostly these are for events. Events are short quests that pop up several times a day as you enter an area. Many of these are flat out annoying and others are quite fun.

Cool thanks crpgnut. No constant chatter is definitely a positive!

More videos about the stupidity of Bethesda.:lol:

Got another videos this game just keeps on giving.

Back
Top Bottom