Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker Question/Tips & Tricks Thread

Pathfinder: Kingmaker
So double-edged weapons count as two attacks even when they're a one-handed weapon? Does that mean someone dual-wielding two double-edged weapons gets 4 attacks?

Were those ever in any edition of D&D?

*Edit* I see they do count as 2 attacks even when one-handed, but the character has to have the two-weapon feat or they suffer a very significant penalty. Obviously that's bugged now anyways.
They're two handed weapons that basically count as 1h x 2 weapons. They were also in NWN1, but not in NWN2. Daelan, the companion, used one:
http://www.gamebanshee.com/neverwinternights/henchmen/daelanredtiger.php

Basically, a 1d8+5 double edged weapon will count as a 1d8+5 weapon in each hand, without usual penalties for medium sized weapons. All other dual wield feats, bonuses and what not apply.

They generally can't be used by dex-based dual wielders though, as Weapon Finesse does not apply, so you need some sort of weird, Strength based character to use them, such as Rangers that gets dual wield feats for free even if they don't meet the requirements.

Ah ok, I get it now. For some reason I thought you meant that you wanted your Ranger to use the sword and axe simultaneously.

Being larger weapons, I guess it makes sense that they wouldn't work well for dexterity-based characters.

Ah ok, I get it now. For some reason I thought you meant that you wanted your Ranger to use the sword and axe simultaneously.

Being larger weapons, I guess it makes sense that they wouldn't work well for dexterity-based characters.
Yeah, I agree. Overall, I like how they work, and I've built quite a few interesting NWN characters that use them. It's just a shame they're currently useless in Kingmaker due to the bug.

Wildcards released! Woohoo!!! Back to Chapter 5 I go, hopefully meeting the new companion, too. :)

Will the new companion just show up at the kingdom eventually? How long does it take for her to come?

Just finished downloading the DLC, haven't had chance to play it yet. Did anyone meet the new companion yet?

Well, Ms Tiefling visited my kingdom but I haven't acquired her service yet:

I need to go see her alone at certain location, and I'm not sure if I'm ready for it yet. Being a sorcerer, I can't carry too much either, so have to drop stuff at capital before heading there too. Kinda worried it's on hidden timer and may expire before I'm ready…

I had a quick peek at kineticist too, looks pretty complicated - don't think I will touch this until I get better understanding of it...

Last edited:
I take it alignment is critical to this game ?

Very much so. You can shift your alignment based on your choices, and supposedly influence companions' alignments too. Also, your barony will reflect your alignment, so each one will be slightly (or majorly) different based on your alignment. You may get access to certain buildings other baronies wouldn't or restricted from certain buildings as well. Alignment is definitely an important part of the game.

Just met the new companion. :) She's awesome! Kineticist is very complicated so I have a lot to learn, but it will be a fun learning experience. I just hope being that I'm in Chapter 5 that there is enough time left to follow her story all the way through. It would be a shame to beat the game and then not be able to finish her questline and story.

Did anyone manage to finish some of these stuff when recruiting her:

1. Free the water elementals. 2. Remove rubbles in the cave

I noticed one - skills that are being boosted or declined due to gear you're wearing or your character's status are green and red, respectively, on the skill section of the character sheet. Haven't played much yet to notice many more, except the excellent addition of the teleportation circle...

What QoL changes were made? I believed that was mentioned in the comments on the front page article about this DLC.

Most notably, the kingdom system finally provides you info on what caused the unrest level to deteriorate.

Also, you can now cancel the kingdom project that are half-way into progression to free up the advisor, if you need to attend to more critical kingdom project.

This might be in the stupid question category but here goes:

What is the difference between Armour and Armour Class? Some objects say e.g. +3 to Armour where as others say +3 to Armour Class.

This might be in the stupid question category but here goes:

What is the difference between Armour and Armour Class? Some objects say e.g. +3 to Armour where as others say +3 to Armour Class.

Natural Armor is a separate stat. You can raise Natural Armor which also in turn raises your Armor Class. Armor itself and various buffs also raise Armor Class, obviously.

Back
Top Bottom