|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Pathfinder: Kingmaker Question/Tips & Tricks Thread

Default Pathfinder: Kingmaker Question/Tips & Tricks Thread

December 12th, 2018, 11:33
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
So double-edged weapons count as two attacks even when they're a one-handed weapon? Does that mean someone dual-wielding two double-edged weapons gets 4 attacks?

Were those ever in any edition of D&D?

*Edit* I see they do count as 2 attacks even when one-handed, but the character has to have the two-weapon feat or they suffer a very significant penalty. Obviously that's bugged now anyways.
They're two handed weapons that basically count as 1h x 2 weapons. They were also in NWN1, but not in NWN2. Daelan, the companion, used one:
http://www.gamebanshee.com/neverwint…anredtiger.php

Basically, a 1d8+5 double edged weapon will count as a 1d8+5 weapon in each hand, without usual penalties for medium sized weapons. All other dual wield feats, bonuses and what not apply.

They generally can't be used by dex-based dual wielders though, as Weapon Finesse does not apply, so you need some sort of weird, Strength based character to use them, such as Rangers that gets dual wield feats for free even if they don't meet the requirements.

Maylander

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Maylander

December 12th, 2018, 12:42
Ah ok, I get it now. For some reason I thought you meant that you wanted your Ranger to use the sword and axe simultaneously.

Being larger weapons, I guess it makes sense that they wouldn't work well for dexterity-based characters.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)

December 12th, 2018, 17:28
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Ah ok, I get it now. For some reason I thought you meant that you wanted your Ranger to use the sword and axe simultaneously.

Being larger weapons, I guess it makes sense that they wouldn't work well for dexterity-based characters.
Yeah, I agree. Overall, I like how they work, and I've built quite a few interesting NWN characters that use them. It's just a shame they're currently useless in Kingmaker due to the bug.

Maylander

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Maylander

Today, 18:14
Wildcards released! Woohoo!!! Back to Chapter 5 I go, hopefully meeting the new companion, too.

TheRealFluent

H.O.O. Inquisitor

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

Today, 19:01
Will the new companion just show up at the kingdom eventually? How long does it take for her to come?

TheRealFluent

H.O.O. Inquisitor

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

Today, 23:21
Just finished downloading the DLC, haven't had chance to play it yet. Did anyone meet the new companion yet?
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley

purpleblob

Princess

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Pathfinder: Kingmaker Question/Tips & Tricks Thread