Drakensang Ergo's Fixpack [MOD]

Installer updated.

Ergonpandilus thanks for all your work on this. :)

Btw, is there any way to disable a change from your Fixpack if we would rather the original, like say the original Light in Dungeons?

Edit, Looks like I can change the files in your pack. I see 3 files game.sql, locale.sql and static.sql. Each has a second version with *U*, game_u.sql, locale_u.sql and static_u.sql.

Do both need to be edited or is only one used based on the language of your game? I use English version.

Thanks for any tips. :)

Oh wait I get it, the file with U is for Uninstalling, returning to original?

Last edited:
Any chance of getting help with the meaning of these words and why do all of these get -2 if they are >1, please?

Is this Polish, maybe German, Russian or Swedish?

Adlerauge
AeroFugumVakuum
Analys
Armatrutz
AttributoMU
AttributoKL
AttributoIN
AttributoCH
AttributoFF
AttributoGE
AttributoKO
AttributoKO
AttributoKK
Axxeleratus
Balsam
Blitz
Corpofrigo
Dschinenruf
Duplicatus
EscliptifactusSchattenkraft
EigenschaftWiederherstellen
EiseskaelteKaempferherz
ElementarerDiener
FalkenaugeMeisterschuss
FavilludoFunkentanz
FlimFlam
Foramen
Fulminictus
Gardianum
HerrUeberDasTierreich
TatzeSchwinge
Horriphobus
Ignifaxius
Ignisphaero
KlarumPurum
Kulminatio
Paralysis
Plumbumbarum
Psychostabilis
RuheKoerper
Sanftmut
SeidenzungeElfenwort
Sensibar
Skelettarius
Somnigravis
Odem

Thanks for any tips. :)

Most of them are the (abbreviated) original names for the spells.

AttributoXX is the spell to temporarily raise a certain attribute, for instance.

Thanks Gorath, think I understand enough of it now, have modified some of his work and seems to work. :)

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, but that long list you gave is list of spells. Not all of them are -2, they only apply to certain characters. See specialized mages in #1 post.

SQL files are commented as well as I can do, so you should have no problem to edit them and you're welcome to do it. :) If you see a problem somewhere or need more guidance, don't hesitate to contact me.

Thanks Ergonpandilus :)

The only thing I see as a problem atm (not with your work) in the game is the Casting Time on spells. I saw a Battle Magic mod but all links are dead atm, though I am not sure it would work with the current English release.

Do you have any plans to add the Reduced Cast times to help Mages be a bit more able to play?

Many spells take so long to cast, by the time you cast them it takes two rounds, your surrounded and taken 2 to 4 hits many times. Example the first fight where Humbold and Gondwin offer to fight, not sure a Mage can win this solo, do you think this is by design or a mistake?

They followed TDE ruleset very strictly with Drakensang, thus the mages tend to be quite weak as they are in ruleset, because the in Pen and Paper games are not so action oriented as video games. With The River of Time prequel they have changed adapted and tuned the ruleset further and if I remember correctly, the mages have been boosted quite a bit.

There is already a mod called Battle Magic by Damar Stiehl which will boost the spells by lowering the casting times as you wished. And the mod should be compatible with my fixpack. Just install first the fixpack and then the battle magic mod. The thread about the mod is here, but the download seems dead.

But for the fixpack, I don't have any plans to update it further. Maybe I make an another for The River of Time, but let's all hope that there is no need for such as it seems to be more polished and balanced game.

Yes, that's been the big problem all links for Battle Magic seem to be dead, I have just seen a lot of threads asking for it but seems no one has it anymore or maybe it just doesn't work with the latest patch.

Is there a decompiler/compiler I can use to edit the times my self?

Thanks. :)

You can mod it by yourself by changing the .sql files, but first you need to know what to change.

I'll try to look into this when I got home from work, if I can re-implement that Battle Magic mod.

I am not sure if it's becasue I can't speak German, but I can't seem to find which program decompresses the db4 files. I have tried 7zip, winrar, zip and several others, both UltraEdit and NotePad ++ will open them but they really don't seem to be the correct programs to use.

Thanks.

Most of them are the (abbreviated) original names for the spells.

AttributoXX is the spell to temporarily raise a certain attribute, for instance.

They're all in German, with some spells having a Latin touch.

And some are abbreviated, yes.

Older TDE spell names even rhymed !

They changed a lot of these names for the 4th edition. Most rhyming is gone now.
I think hey believed it to be too much like fairy-tales - thus negating that TDE *always* had a slight fairy-tale touch …

Last edited:
Thanks Arhu and Alrik Fassbauer! :)

v1.75

Updated the fixpack.

v1.75
- Few more localization fixes
- Lowered starting weapon talent values
- Tuned character advantages
* Thief "Perception Bonus" (overlapping with Danger Sense) changed to Streetwise bonus
* Added "Two-handed Swords Bonus" to Soldier, was having no bonus
* Added "Vitality Penalty" to Alchemist
* Added "Perception Penalty" and "Dwarfnose Penalty" to Mercenary
* Added "Artisan Talents Penalty" to Warrior
* And fixed character descriptions to follow the advantages
- Increased Battlemage talent value in Staves by +2
- Fixed some modding script bugs

can't get this to install

I know I'm missing something simple, but can you please help me to get this installed?

First off, I download the fix and expand it to a temp folder on the same drive as the game.

Then I run the install.bat file but get a dos command box saying it cant find the folder where the db4 files are, and to manually type the correct folder in.

So after reading the readme.txt I replaced the following lines in the install.bat program:
THIS LINE: if not exist %pfad%\static.db4 FOR /F "tokens=2* " %%A IN ('REG QUERY "HKCU\Software\DTP\Drakensang" /v target_folder') DO SET dsroot=%%B\

WITH THIS LINE: SET dsroot=d:\Program Files\Drakensang\Export\

THIS LINE: FOR /F "tokens=2* " %%A IN ('REG QUERY "HKCU\Software\DTP\Drakensang" /v version') DO SET version=%%B

WITH THIS LINE: SET version=1.03

But I still get the dos box saying it cant find the db4 files, and to manually enter the location, which I've tried over and over, with caps, w/o caps, with d:\program files\drakensang\export\db\ and w/o the "\db\" at the end, yet it still can't find where to install your program.

Like I said, its probably and obvious problem. I have had problems programs freaking out over my drive being sectored into C and D sectors before, and i wonder if this is also whats happening.

Thanks for your help!!

Manual installation:
Code:
1. Go you your game folder (…\drakensang\export\db) where all the .db4 files are
2. Copy sqlite3.exe, game.sql, static.sql, locale.sql there
3. Open command prompt (cmd.exe)
4. Run "sqlite3.exe static.db4<static.sql"
5. Run "sqlite3.exe game.db4<game.sql"
6. Run "sqlite3 locale.db4<locale.sql"
7. Go to your export folder (c:\program files\drakensang\export)
8. Create folders "textures" and and "gfxlib".
9. Go to your textures folder and again create folders "icons" and "armor"
10. One more.  Create "characters" folder under "gfxlib" folder that you just created
11. Copy all files from Ergo's_Fixpack\textures\icons to drakensang\export\textures\icons
12. Copy all files from Ergo's_Fixpack\textures\armor to drakensang\export\textures\armor
13. Copy all files from Ergo's_Fixpack\gfxlib\characters to drakensang\export\gfxlib\characters
14. Play!

Final version out:

v1.80 Final
- New icons for my items by Zalpha
- Added The Witch Hat (*5)
- Fixed some issues with install.bat
- Changed hit zones to follow P&P rules

drakensang2010112600423.jpg

All the new items.

Thanks Ergon.Still waiting for the game but this will be a definite download when I do get it.

I have tried all of the described installation procedures, I can't get it to install. I have even tried moving the installation directory, could you please put more specific windows 7 instructions for this file.

Back
Top Bottom