D:OS 2 - need advise! - Page 3 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Divinity Games » Divinity Original Sin 2 » D:OS 2 - need advise!

Default D:OS 2 - need advise!

February 7th, 2019, 10:57
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
It triggers if you talk to a specific NPC with her in the party (unless they changed it in a later version). It's understandable considering her background though (she's been through some awful things).
Are you referring to certain sleepy lizard NPC? If so, yeah, that was annoying. I also killed the NPC that progress her personal quest before she had a chance to talk to him, so I'm screwed =.=

@Darth Tagnan @Maylander

I think I'm almost done with the Fort Joy - killed whole bunch of order ranks at the prison, about to board the ship to escape. I think I will be ok with the current party. Turns out I can't play with the mod anyway unless I don't mind restarting… so that's scrapped.
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley

purpleblob

Princess

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)

February 10th, 2019, 21:54
I expect that mod would really mangle balance, too, though it would have been nice to see the stories I missed.

I presume you're done with Ft. Joy now. If not, though, a quick word of advice: you get the opportunity to re-spec your characters once you get on the ship. Be careful with that! I think it's best to leave it alone until you find the next town where you can get access to some skill books. There's a pretty big battle between the time you are able to respec and the time you can get the new skill books. When I played, I changed around right away and found myself short of skills in that big battle!
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)

February 11th, 2019, 12:44
Will be interesting to see if she likes or dislike the game after she plays 10 hours or so. Also I'm curious if you overthought the difficulty of combat.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)

February 11th, 2019, 12:57
I can answer that now. I played for 8 hours and I'm finding it just "ok". I think I'm done with Fort Joy, in some swampy(?) area not far from it. I'm taking a bit of break from it though - got busy with real life stuff.

Still haven't seen anyone offering respec but I think I will get by even without it in explorer mode.
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley

purpleblob

Princess

February 11th, 2019, 16:35
I made it through Fort Joy too before getting bored with the combat. I really have a hard time playing games where combat lasts more than 30 seconds/battle. Spoiled by Bethesda

P.S. If you seek it, it is advice. If you're giving it, it's advise. Just in case you run into the grammar police!

I'd advise you to watch your words but that's advice I have trouble following myself.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut

crpgnut

Grumpy Role Player
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)

February 11th, 2019, 16:39
Spoiled by Beth my arse, 30 secs max true, but every fasttravel there is a new dragon lurking above Mage's Guild? How many of those exist for god's sakes…
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)

February 11th, 2019, 18:41
Can't say I've ever had one in SSE though it was a problem in the original Skyrim. I actually loved fast traveling to the guild just for that reason. Although any idiot could avoid it by just traveling to Winterhold/Saarthal and walking the 40 steps to the mage guild.

How easily can you not play Geralt in Witcher 3, since I want to avoid playing an old geezer? Impossible? Thought so.

I really enjoyed the first bits of DOS 2 though. I'm just not a big turn-based combat fan. I played Fane and enjoyed the story bits for the most part. I thought the assassin chick was the worst character in the game though. If I ever replay 2 it will be with a custom mage type, but I have my doubts. I'm to the point where I just rotate Bethesda's stuff or play survival games. First person is pretty much vital for me these days for long term play.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut

crpgnut

Grumpy Role Player
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)

February 11th, 2019, 21:01
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
P.S. If you seek it, it is advice. If you're giving it, it's advise. Just in case you run into the grammar police!
Thanks for the grammar lesson - well aware of my mistake (made this topic while I was half asleep) already but I can't seem to edit it?
--

purpleblob

Princess

February 11th, 2019, 23:43
Oh, btw, I did obtain Sir Lora even though I don't have DLC installed - guess it comes with definitive edition. Also, there was a black cat that was following me around but unfortunately got killed by one of the magisters. Its corpse followed me to that swampy(?) area when I escaped Fort Joy on the boat… freaky..
--

purpleblob

Princess

February 12th, 2019, 04:56
Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
Oh, btw, I did obtain Sir Lora even though I don't have DLC installed - guess it comes with definitive edition. Also, there was a black cat that was following me around but unfortunately got killed by one of the magisters. Its corpse followed me to that swampy(?) area when I escaped Fort Joy on the boat… freaky..
There is an achievement for keeping the cat alive, but the corpse following you seems like a bug to me.
--
It's developer is owned by Sony which means it'll remain a hostage of inferior hardware. ~ joxer

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)

February 12th, 2019, 10:06
Yea me too. Never found a use for that cat. It didn't talk much; at least the dog was talkative.

Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
There is an achievement for keeping the cat alive, but the corpse following you seems like a bug to me.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

February 14th, 2019, 02:47
Wait, that was Bellegar's cat! And you got it KILLED!? One of the most beloved characters in the world of RPGs and you just let his cat die! Are you going to start gunning for @Arhu next!?

P.S. It took me 40 hours to get to the point where you're told your journey is just beginning. The whole game took me 200 hours.
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
Last edited by Zloth; February 14th, 2019 at 05:21.

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

February 14th, 2019, 04:39
Originally Posted by Zloth View Post
Wait, that was Belegar's cat! And you got it KILLED!? One of the most beloved characters in the world of RPGs and you just let his cat die! Are you going to start gunning for @Arhu next!?

P.S. It took me 40 hours to get to the point where you're told your journey is just beginning. The whole game took me 200 hours.
O_o?!?!?!?!

40 hours to get to where I am??? Eh… have I somehow missed a whole bunch of content or are you a slow/patient player?

Well… I never asked the cat to follow me, stop making me feel guilty Is Arhu a pet in D:OS2 or another person/character?
--

purpleblob

Princess

February 14th, 2019, 05:10
Well… I never asked the cat to follow me, stop making me feel guilty Is Arhu a pet in D:OS2 or another person/character?
Arhu is magician who loves morphing into a white cat. He was in D:OS1.
--
It's developer is owned by Sony which means it'll remain a hostage of inferior hardware. ~ joxer

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)

February 14th, 2019, 05:44
There's a few recurring characters in the series. Bellegar always speaks in rhyme (heaven only knows how the devs manage to translate that into multiple languages). Arhu likes turning into a white cat. Zandalor has the classic pointy hat and stars all over his robe. Lucien was the original Divine in the first game. You get to see all of them in the last scene of Dragon Knight 2's expansion, which is also the latest point in the timeline.

40 hours is NOT normal. Looking at reviews, I'm guessing most folks finish the whole game in 80-120 hours. I played it at a rather hard difficulty, though, and often had to try battles a few times to get through.
--

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

February 14th, 2019, 11:56
Originally Posted by Zloth View Post
There's a few recurring characters in the series. Bellegar always speaks in rhyme (heaven only knows how the devs manage to translate that into multiple languages). Arhu likes turning into a white cat. Zandalor has the classic pointy hat and stars all over his robe. Lucien was the original Divine in the first game. You get to see all of them in the last scene of Dragon Knight 2's expansion, which is also the latest point in the timeline.

40 hours is NOT normal. Looking at reviews, I'm guessing most folks finish the whole game in 80-120 hours. I played it at a rather hard difficulty, though, and often had to try battles a few times to get through.
I wasn't far into D:OS1 when I abandoned it and haven't played other Divinity games - so I googled up other game plot and some of the well-known characters too (like Lucien). So… I'm guessing D:OS2 happened before Divinity 2?
--

purpleblob

Princess

February 14th, 2019, 13:07
Yes indeed.

Maylander

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

February 14th, 2019, 13:11
I think we spent around 80 hours playing this in cooperative mode - but we didn't exhaust content - and I think we could easily have spent 100 hours.

Darth Tagnan

Mentioned: Post(s)

February 14th, 2019, 22:00
I wasn't far into D:OS1 when I abandoned it and haven't played other Divinity games - so I googled up other game plot and some of the well-known characters too (like Lucien). So… I'm guessing D:OS2 happened before Divinity 2?
https://divinityoriginalsin2.wiki.fextralife.com/Lore

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Divinity Games » Divinity Original Sin 2 » D:OS 2 - need advise!