Xenoblade Chronicles Remake

Based on linked article screenshots it's hard to believe an original of such… um… how to describe it? Trash?
It's hard to believe that something this is a remake of is one of the best anything.

If it matters, to this day I haven't heard about that game.

Well if you played Xenogears and the Xenosaga series on the PS 1&2, which I doubt you Joxer it would interest you. I already own it so wont be buying it on the switch.

Based on linked article screenshots it's hard to believe an original of such… um… how to describe it? Trash?
It's hard to believe that something this is a remake of is one of the best anything.

If you think this is trash, I suppose 3DS version I played and finished in past would make your eyeballs implode :biggrin:

I played it on Wii, finished on 3DS and tomorrow Im starting my replay on Switch :cool:

I played it on Wii, finished on 3DS and tomorrow Im starting my replay on Switch :cool:
Yeah it was one the biggest RPGs on the Wii followed by it's sequels later on. Still remember petitioning Nintendo to localize it, and so very glad they did eventually.

And yet here you are ... as usual, feeling the need to make value judgments about something you are absolutely clueless about. What that shows is that YOU are ignorant trash, and says nothing about the game. Frankly you should be embarrassed.

Word of advice - if you see something you know nothing about, feel free to NOT add your useless non-opinion, as you only detract from the conversation that others are trying to have.

I'm a bit on the fence with JRPGs - not exactly a fan, but some grab me and I really enjoy them. This one I did like quite a bit. Once you adjust to the style and tone, there's a lot of game here, with plenty of exploration and story. I much preferred it with the original voices and English subtitles - the English dub wasn't bad exactly, but I found it jarring with the overall style.

I wanted to want this game. I've dipped into videos of it being played a bunch of times in an effort to talk myself into it. Didn't work. It looks like tedious busywork every time.

If you think this is trash, I suppose 3DS version I played and finished in past would make your eyeballs implode :biggrin:
You're correct. Always thought it's staring at small phone display that ruined my eyesight, but as it happened recently, might be all these ancient or ancientlike stuff appearing on PC. ;)
And yet here you are … as usual, feeling the need to make value judgments about something you are absolutely clueless about. What that shows is that YOU are ignorant trash, and says nothing about the game. Frankly you should be embarrassed.

Word of advice - if you see something you know nothing about, feel free to NOT add your useless non-opinion, as you only detract from the conversation that others are trying to have.
Bad hairday again? :D

No I didn't put my knee on anyone's neck to choke them to death, so I suggest using that energy for better causes.
Or, as you know for sure, the forum has a nice ignore option. When in doubt, use it.
Sadly no but you can download the dolphin emulator to play it on the PC.

Link - https://dolphin-emu.org/
It doesn't emulate switch. :(

Last edited:
By the way, Im several hours in the new Switch version and I love it again.
I love visual style of remake and so far I noticed many quality of life improvements. Anyway, nostalgia is strong in this for me, so Im not really unbiased in this case.

I played it to completion.

Loved it. I completely passed XC over when the game released on the Wii, and I was glad to have a chance to play this on the Switch. It's excellent. I was hooked until the end. Instantly one of my favorites now. The music is fantastic.

I've given some time with Xenoblade 2 on the Switch, and it takes such a different direction that I really struggle to enjoy it. It's very strange. A massive departure from the first, and in my mind, has a lot of missteps. Retains the superb music, but also contains contradictory game design that puzzles me.

I have to agree with Joxer. The difference is I have played and finished the game with almost everything complete.

I think I enjoyed the first 10 hours or so but then I started to see the weaknesses manifest. The only reason I finished it is because i never leave games incomplete once I start them. The game is full of MMO style quests. The combat system employs timed button mashing (pretty much required to defeat certain boss monsters at below recommended levels). The character development system is extremely simplistic. The only feature I really liked was the Town relationship system where you could see how everyone in the town felt about each other and it changed over time as you did quests/talked to them. Sadly the feature is fairly shallow and mostly involves talking to random people over and over again.

Overall I would probably rate it 5/10.

Having never played this game but constantly hearing raving reviews from my brother, I'm really curious if this game is set in the same universe as the Xenogear games? Cause I loved the game and played countless hours of it on the PS1

Back
Top Bottom