Gothic 3 flame sword, lost?

mudsling3

Sentinel
I defeated (four times) the Demon with a flaming sword in that undead castle, but can't find the sword afterward. Is that a bug...anyone with the same experience?

I found the cheat code for inserting a flamesword, but not sure is the same one.
give It_1H_FlameSword_01

No hasn't happened to me, I have thought I lost it but realised they didn't give it a different graphical look in the inventory, so it looks like another sword.
Is it possible you sold it?

If so, my method for selling is a little more trouble but very good time and butt saver in the long run.
I pick one merchant for each group of wares, ic Reddock since Joey, Marlo and especially Gelford, since I bought the Pally armor from him he always has loot to sell the endless supply of Orc weapons I seem to get ;) .
So basicly I always sell to those 3, so if I need claws for a special sword recipe, I know exaclty where a good supply is located or if I accidently sold something I need.

One very nice touch PB did was not allow quest items like Fire Chalices to show up in the Sell window.

Also you need a pretty beefy machine to weild 2 Flame swords, if you have big crowds between the AI, Graphic Textures and the Swords loading it can get very hairy. :(

I couldn't find the flame sword on the ground where the Demon of Gotha fell...much less chance of selling it. I am having trouble inserting this Sword through Cheat :(

Did you get yours from the Demon's body or pick it off the ground? The sword just disappear from view after I killed it.

Last edited:
Oh from the Demon, I misunderstood.
No when I killed the Demon I didnt get his sword now that you mention it, as I bought the 2 Flaming Swords I have and never sold one I don't think.

Demons have a sword called "demonic sword" or something - they require 666 strength to use, and do 135 damage. You will never actually find such a sword, unless you remove the patch, summon a demon, and kill him yourself.

Flaming swords are not what demons use, flaming swords look fiery, not red, and can be bought at most merchants. They appear at random, cost 1000 gold, requires 120 strength, and do 100 damage. They can't be sharpened or poisoned though, since they are magical.

Thanks, good to know I wasn't got cheated off a good weapon. will keep my eye on merchants with the real flame sword.

Actually thats a pretty cool weapon, I fought my second one and paid attention this time, to bad my console isn't working. :).

sword isn't a flame sword its a demon sword same here tho but i saw it once from summoning a demon once he died he had the sword but i decided to let him live so i reloaded and couldn't get it again

I think one of the patches removed the flaming sword from merchants as I dont recall running into the sword under 1.6. Given the absurdly low price I'm pretty sure the sword only should have been available from the spell anyway.

According to the ancient lore, The flame sword is critical to G3 for liberation but i can't fully decide which land (kingdom) is being referred to :-->
Rhobar hid in a cave but the beast tracked him down.
And Rhobar felt behind him and there he found a sword.
He took it and killed the beast with one stroke.
But the sword was surrounded by fire and Innos was with it.
And Innos said to Rhobar, “descend from the mountains and
defeat my enemies". And Rhobar waged war against the Orcs and the wrath of Innos
descended upon them. And Rhobar was victorious.
I'm not sure if the "one strike kill" (killed the beast with one stroke) which was implemented in the vanilla G3, disappeared with every subsequent patch.

This lore thing suggests the correct game method of killing the Nordmar orcs and remain aligned to Innos. It could also mean for nameless hero to come down from the mountains into Myrtana and liberate/kill the orcs with either the Demon sword, the flame sword or the flame sword scroll, there are also non-hostile orcs to consider. To "descend from the mountains" suggests coming to the lower lands of Myrtana as "descend from the mountains" in Nordmar is weird - Nordmar is already up in the mountains...confusing to say the least.

I found with patch 1.12 that flame sword scrolls did not get used up when the demon sword is in the backpack (*felt behind him*) - you can use it continuously as long as there is enough mana (as a paladin with regeneration maybe) Also the shield stats (i had the rune shield) stay in effect even when on hero's back when wielding the flame scroll sword.

It is extremely difficult to enable the Demon Sword (135 exp) which BTW, can be both sharpened and blessed giving a total 155 blade damage as well as +8 defense to each of - missles - impact - blades.

To enable the demon sword at say L70, in theory gives 700 possible points, there are over 50 Kings Sorrel plants to make strength potions of +2str giving 100 strength points but finding equal ammount of Dragon Roots is very hard but would give theoretical total of 800 strength points, more than enough to weild the demon sword, the large weapon skill is also required.
Then there are strength enhancing magical rings and amulets etc. So it isn't impossible to liberate using the 'Demon Sword' .

Bak-Arash the demon servant of Ur-Arash (near to Berek's Tomb) by default always has a demon sword. By far the easiest way to get a demon sword is to use the lightning spell on a demon, nearly always works first time.

Wouldnt that sort of require the sword to be unique rather than available at any old Swords'r'Us as per the unpatched versions? :p

EDIT: I think I prefer to stick with Maylanders explanation below, as I've done since first coming across the sword in an early version (1.08?).

Last edited:
I still think that was simply something they left in from the versions they let reviewers and what not try out. I believe the sword was always meant to be the sword you summon with a spell (a sword granted by Innos), and not an actual sword you can buy.

We must not become guilty of conjecture, it is far too easy to continually write off these "unknowns" as "something left over by the dev's" - these unexplained answers are contrived on forums then accepted and taken for granted and accepted as de-facto standard leaving them forever detached from the truth.
Going with the story flow would suggest a fantastic sword made by hero himself after learning the smelting process, acquiring two pure magic ore blanks and learning forge magic ore weapons.
I believe it is there in the game somewhere, just how to get that far takes a lot of playing time. With the subsequent zealous community patching I can't see how we will ever really know the full story unless or until someone finds it (without any cheats) and explains the game-play step methodology in detail.

I know you have a poetic vision of what G3 should be, but to quote my old physics teacher upon me claiming that a measurement was the constant e in high school: The world isnt that beautiful:D

The exhaustive item lists, including all recipes and weapons, are readable and available on various sites for those interested. There is AFAIK no forgeable sword with any fire-like properties in the game.

Back
Top Bottom