Things you don't need to know...

Survive one nuke, well, luck. Survive two nukes? Both the Hiroshima and Nagasaki? That ain't mathematically nor statistically possible. Or, is it?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsutomu_Yamaguchi

Karma is a b., but it never failed. Yup, you don't need to know that.

There is something NEVER shown in games with titles like "Company of Heroes", "Call of Duty", etc. : It's about the aftermath of battles : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marocchinate

Things like that are NEVER shown in this kind of games - no matter how much "mature" they want to look like ..

airplanes_and_spaceships.png

pibbur

Quantic Goundry have done a comparison of Chinese gamers and their (mainly US) reference base.

This reminds me why people in China shouldn't be compared with people in other countries. There are several human rights being broken there and one of such is right to believe.
China says Islam is mental disease:
http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018...hur-communist-party-islam-mental-illness.html
China Declared Islam a Contagious Disease ? and Quarantined 1 Million Muslims
This is not a joke.
https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/o...lims-concentration-camps-180912105738481.html
Locked up, uprooted far from home and family, 10-20 percent of the Uighur Muslim population in Xinjiang are currently experiencing or have endured the horrors of the largest network of internment camps since World War II. Those who resist while inside are tortured, and reports of deaths from family members and outright disappearances are widely documented. The majority of those interned have been men, and the Chinese authorities have supplemented the disproportionate incarceration of men with a policy forcing Uighur Muslim women to marry (non-Muslim) Han men. Further diluting the Uighur Muslim population and entrenching Han hegemony.

But there is one thing I find very interesting. "Reeducating" children. From the second article:
Last week in The Atlantic, Sigal Samuel wrote, "China's crackdown has some Uighurs in Xinjiang worried that their own children will incriminate them, whether accidentally or because teachers urge kids to spy on their parents." Samuel's work helped spur discussion about the horrors taking place in Xinjiang beyond the internment camps, which created an entryway to learn about the other tentacles of China's ethnic cleansing programme; particularly those targeting Uighur children.

China's project of breaking up the family unit, the building block of Uighur Muslim society in Xinjiang, is achieved through the routine programme of marshalling children to report on the religious activities of their parents to (state-controlled) teachers. But also the formal institution of state-run orphanages, where the sons and daughters of interned Uighurs undergo a programme of cultural brainwashing and assimilation tailored for children.

Within the walls of these orphanages, where "[children] between the ages of six months and 12 years are locked up like farm animals," Chinese authorities carry out what is perhaps the crux of their ethnic cleansing program: engineering an entire generation of Uighur Muslims to turn their back on their parents, religion and culture, in favour of the atheism, Mandarin language and Han customs privileged by Beijing. In turn, stripping the Uighur people from its very lifeline, its children, and paving a pathway towards the utter decimation of 10 million Uighur Muslims, and a nation that existed before the creation of the modern Chinese state.

Let's return several centuries back and check what Islam did.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janissaries
The Janissaries (Ottoman Turkish: يڭيچرى‎ ye?i?eri [jeniˈt͡ʃeɾi], meaning "new soldier") were elite infantry units that formed the Ottoman Sultan's household troops, bodyguards and the first modern standing army in Europe.[3][4] The corps was most likely established during the reign of Murad I (1362?89).[5]

They began as an elite corps of slaves made up of kidnapped young Christian boys who were converted to Islam,[6] and became famed for internal cohesion cemented by strict discipline and order. Unlike typical slaves, they were paid regular salaries. Forbidden to marry or engage in trade, their complete loyalty to the Sultan was expected.[7] By the seventeenth century, due to a dramatic increase in the size of the Ottoman standing army, the corps' initially strict recruitment policy was relaxed.

What goes around comes around. If it skips you then your children, grandchildren or further generations will face consequences. But you don't need to know that just as that guy from one of my previous posts above who survived both Hiroshima and Nagasaki after the fate came to collect upon all historical war atrocities.

You'd think we would be driving flying cars and living on the moon by now.:biggrin:
This reminds me why people in China shouldn't be compared with people in other countries. There are several human rights being broken there and one of such is right to believe.
Yes but Trump is the worlds most evil problem right now Joxer.

In 50-100 years we will all be bowing down to our Chinese overlords.

The other day I was recommending a very good russian show in the series thread and pointed at it's sillyness where bruises heal overnight.
That show aside, but practically everywhere all around the world a flatline shown on cardio-aparature "signalizes" death. In reality it's not so, the flatline means the machine is not connected. If a person's heart suddenly stops, there will still be visible "waves", different from normal spiked graph on the machine display!

But there is one stupidity Hollywood does all the time and every single time I get pissed off. No, not pissed, I don't drink just because some idiotic movies and shows get on my nerves.
A patient needs defibrilation, for some reason I'm not analyzing now. What happens in Hollywood? Someone rubs defibrillator paddles together. I mean, if it was a kids' show or if someone wanted to deliberately damage the defibrilator, okay, but this happens in every single Hollywood product. WTF?!
https://emedcert.com/blog/cpr-myths-from-hollywood
No. Just no. Not even under delirium tremens!

You don't need to know that I would never ever rub two electrodes of any origin together. Even if I'm standing on an isolated floor.

Return of the daily smile, ontopic, needed? Sure:

Yes but Trump is the worlds most evil problem right now Joxer.

In 50-100 years we will all be bowing down to our Chinese overlords.
You can laugh at me but I see no difference between Trump and chinese government officials. Capitalism vs communism difference? I honestly don't see any. Same shit different wrapping.
Power holders in both systems work against people, not for. And make nominally different decisions that will in the end have absolutely the same effect. For example, yes, I believe banning net neutrality in USA will have absolutely the same end effect as China's social credit system.

Won't add ongoing islamophobia in both countries as I've written about china's "final solution" and USA's caged immigrants in other posts, not all in this thread ofc.

No difference to me either Joxer.:nod:

Just made a quip about how the world is more worried about the US & Trump instead.

As most of the word is blind to China's ambitions and it's blatant violations of human rights. To me they are the worse threat due to how they control the world economy.

Well, when we were in the Netherlands for a holiday, many restaurants had a special dog menu. Dog beer was on it as well. There's nothing better than a nation of dog people!

Cracked made a list of "7 True Crimes Solved By Twists Too Ridiculous For Network TV":
http://www.cracked.com/article_2449...ebsite&utm_medium=article&utm_partner=cracked
Here's one of them:
Vincent Brothers was a bad man. Not Shaft bad, but "commit mass murder on your own family and then smugly lie about it in court" bad. In July of 2003, the elementary school vice principal flew from California to Ohio to supposedly visit his brother, but in reality, the trip was his planned alibi. Once he landed in Columbus, he rented a car, drove back to Bakersfield, CA, and waited for his wife to come home with his three children and his mother-in-law. He then shot and/or stabbed all of them to death, including his six-week-old son. Once he finished staging a break-in at the house, he drove the rental car back to Ohio and enjoyed the rest of his trip like nothing happened.

Brothers was immediately suspected once the bodies were found, but authorities couldn't arrest him thanks to that pesky alibi of his. The flight and car rental records seemed to confirm he was in Ohio at the time of the murders, and knives that long haven't been invented yet. Sure, the car's odometer showed that Brothers could have made a round trip to the West, but there was no evidence of that. Maybe he just liked driving in circles for fun.

What happens when you drive down the freeway for a long time? Your windshield picks up all sorts of gross insects. So do other parts of your car, whether you notice it or not. So, investigators asked entomologist Lynn Kimsey to inspect Brothers' rental car -- where she discovered a paper wasp, two species of true bugs, and the leg of a type of grasshopper, all of which are specific to the Western United States. (Translation: Not Ohio.)
On top of that, the lack of any butterflies and the presence of moths strongly suggested that Brothers had driven at night from Columbus to Bakersfield and back again. Kimsey's testimony helped seal the deal for Brothers, who was convicted of mass murder and currently sits on death row. Moral of the story: Always wash your rental car, you goddamn animals.

You don't need to know that Hollywood doesn't care about stuff never covered on screen in the decade of remakes and reboots.

I'm leaving the watch. Strictly personal reason, nothing to do with the watch or the watchers.

pibbur

Back
Top Bottom