Fallout: New Vegas - Bethsoft Taking Questions

Other more professional let you the choice, so never allow a shop to store your personal information, don't use your name ever when you can

And how does one make an online transaction without providing personal information? Anyone here use steam? lol

Somebody gonna call out "PayPal" or something? As if PayPal is more reputable than steam or amazon?

You guys are just being silly.

Giving personal information in detail to Facebook without realising the risk it entails, is being extremely uninformed about the dangers of the internet.

Nothing wrong with being uninformed, as such, except if you can't acknowledge it perhaps ;)

Here in Germany, officials begin to warn of face book, because "they just don't know the concept of protection of [private] data". The term "protection of [private] data" is something we here in Germany generally say in one word : "Datenschutz".

"Datenschutz" literally just means "protection of data", but it is always implied that this means not only business data, but very much private data also.

So what kind of personal data do people give on facebook and everybody's so worried?
I don't have a facebook page myself but I always assumed that if I had I would put less sensitive data about me on it than anyone could find in a phone directory.

People are stupid. They give away things. Things they don't believe could be accessed in public.

Well, calling them stupid is pretty harsh.

It's about knowing something, which many people don't do for very understandable reasons. Not everyone is connected to the internet community 24/7.

That's why I prefer to call them uninformed, just like I am uninformed about a zillion other things that I don't really care about.

I agree with DArtagnan. Not being motivated to learn about something specific doesn't make a person stupid. It simply means they're not interested. To most, computers are tools meant to be used for simple things like chatting, reading a newspaper or paying bills.

Very similar to my relationship with cars. They're meant to bring me from point A to point B. I don't care about cars beyond that, even though I'm sure they're fascinating to people that do care.

Doesn't mean I lack the ability to understand a car engine if I actually had a good reason for doing so, but I simply don't care.

roqua-
first off you always are entertaing, and although i do disagree completely with most of what you say your thoughts are not without merit simply becuase they help to further explain and fleshout the feelings of many angry and misguided people in this country. and the hereos in that video were the volunteer doctors and nurses, one being my mom. if those are yours then…

i'm not for a welfare state at all and think that our system should be better but i'm much less pissed off that a small portion of my taxes go to welfare, or unemployment (a different topic) when a vast majority go to war and the furthering of a minority powers and aims. i respect soldiers for their duty but not the military as a whole, to me its simply daycare in that it will never shrink and is simply always going to be thrust into some conflict most illegal or unjust to justify keeping its budget high. what's more scary is the amount of mercenary armies that our tax dollars go to as well. oh and before you get enraged both my grandfathers and mom and dad have all been in the army, navy, and air force so like i said i'm not against the soldiers, most are great americans and good people no worse than anyone else its just unfortunate the position they get put in.

fear is what is guiding the hatred in this county/world however. fear can be a good motivater but it is always shortsighted and no true patriot who loves his country, family or otherwise should claim otherwise. if you marry for fear of being alone, not pleasing someone, or not paying the rent it probably will lead you to bad decision making. if it gets you off your ass looking for a wife/husband good but after that it takes sound judgement and rational thinking. this is the inherit problem with "movements" or "cults" like the tea party. their fears may be real, but they ar e also being stoked and again like soldiers simply pointed in the wrong direction.

are goverment and politicians are full of massive problems, however at least we have a government and it is supposed to serve its people. i see some libertarians/ tea partiers whatever who have a glean of the more systemic problem but as a whole the message is always broken since its either delivered by a corporte media outlet or a blogging bafoon. the consolodations of corporate power, which is real and very tangible in that like big banks it puts too much power in to little hands, doesn't not seem to be upseting enough people and the anti-government smokescreen will only lead to a more divided county, needless sufferering, and far from a revolution but a civil war or coup instead.

its funny how little people value life when they think they can take what they want or demand by force, inluding someones life, but if someone wants to keep taking a piece of their pie bit by bit even if it helps someone survive its unacceptable. think how much money you spend on insurance you probably never claim (car, medical, home, and life). those costs keep growing but its not like were drawing from them more, in fact population growth should mean more customers and lower costs—no.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_justice

see also
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Justice_Movement

also i feel sorry that you equate social justice to social welfare

unfortunately the argument that everyone should provide for themselves is quaint and that the playing field is somehow level.

personally i think the native americans should be entitled to reclaim a few states as their own. also arizona should be given back to mexico, and african americans should be given a handful of states in the south ending the reparations debate. this comment is in regards to land rights and as such all title and land should be doled out soley to those of their dissents. obviously this would piss people who own the land presently, but it was stolen in their behalf some time ago so all's fair. the majority of white immigrants that many were poor themsleves aquired quite a bit of "free land" in this country that neither belonged to their govenement or themselves rightfully and all they had to do was survived. also corporate and wealthy speculation was ripe even back in the homesteading days and quite so here in california. lots of prime land was sold at insane prices to many people but also there were limits and people provided fake names, and other family memebers to buy up huge tracts of land which within just a year or two they would then sell off for sometimes 10 or more times what they just payed for it. the delta for example in the mid-late 1800's sold off "swampland" for under a $1 an acre at first with some folks buying 100,000's of acres well over their limit and then selling it off to farmers for much more who many ended up going broke due to the high cost of maintaining levees and weathering floods.

so yes no one should be neive, but at the same time the con men are always one step ahead, and a million people conning the welfare system would be and is far less damaging then a single con man who has access to both washington and wall street.

we both want and end to tyranny i imagine, but only when the truth of tyranny is in full view will there be any chance of uniting and overcoming it

Back
Top Bottom