Antinomy - New Kickstarter

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Watcher Farflame spotted this new interesting Kickstarter campaign for the action adventure Antinomy:

Welcome to Antinomy, a unique 19th century Indie open world action-adventure video game bringing the "The Holy Land" to life!

Antinomy is a game set in a fictional Middle Eastern country in the late 19th century, about people from different origins coming together to fight for the same cause, which is justice. They have stood up against the tyranny of those who swore to protect them and who were left unpunished after committing disgraceful crimes against innocent people. The main character, Nathaniel, has the pursuit of justice as his mission, until one day, when he finds out something, that drastically changes his plans...

The message of the game is to promote the importance of underlying themes within the game such as family, friendship, justice and unity, and to show that despite the diversity of the characters' backgrounds, when they put aside their differences, they are able to live in prosperity.

Features:

• ~20 square kilometres open world with a vast lethal desert and a variety of other unique areas
  • Most of the 800+ buildings in the world are enterable.
  • 34 main story missions, 35+ side quests
  • 25+ hours main storyline gameplay
  • A variety of 19th century weapons including muskets, flintlock pistols and a range of Middle Eastern melee weapons.
  • Trading, crafting and a dynamic world economy.
  • Political alignments, shifting alliances and diplomacy and conquest
  • RPG elements such as player skills and character customisation
  • Innovative combat system inspired by V.A.T.S. in Fallout series
  • A full body realistic injury system
PS: Kai Rosenkranz is the Soundtrack Composer!

More information.

It looks more interesting than I expected. They've got some good voice actors, and I think the idea of Fallout mechanics could work well in the setting. I have no problems with the game's themes per say, but sometimes games which try to implement politically (or morally) oriented themes do so without subtlety.

Some of the strongest XZR vibes I've ever gotten off of a project/trailer since...well...XZR

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exile_(1988_video_game_series)

The musical prowess seems to have great potential between the the Gothic fellow and this other hip hop fellow whose attempt at a new style entirely seems to have went well indeed in the form of the trailer theme. Haven't spied an especially good pitch theme since the ill-fated Zaharia on KS...

They even had the good sense to move this from GameGuru to UE4!

I'll definitely be keeping tabs on this to say the least.

20 square kilometers is quite small. Their map suggests otherwise though so perhaps they meant 20x20=400 qd km.

Well, looking at the numbers I'm quite sure that unfortunately it won't succeed.

I wonder why they don't get a little more love. The campaign presentation isn't that bad and there are some guys in the team with a decent track recorf of published games.
Is it really just because of the "difficult" socio-cultural setting?

Well, looking at the numbers I'm quite sure that unfortunately it won't succeed.

I wonder why they don't get a little more love. The campaign presentation isn't that bad and there are some guys in the team with a decent track recorf of published games.
Is it really just because of the "difficult" socio-cultural setting?

I guess few people identify as a Jewish Zionist from the 19th century :D

No magic, no money :) I still may play it, but I save my moolah for fantasy.

They seem to have expected this to get out there more boldly at the start given the stretch goals and whatnot---not sure what kind of shout out from the other big KS's nor media wrangling they've in mind. The rather....lacking...3D guy at the end should've probably been left out---that or perhaps they could get more attention with a UE4 prototype.

I guess there's still time, but they've got to get something figured for updates and momentum.

I guess few people identify as a Jewish Zionist from the 19th century :D
Well I don't exactly identify as female half-elven Paladin from Faerun. It's fun playing as one anyway. ;)

It's seems fairly unique, I'll give them that much.

I agree with Morrandir though. They aren't going to reach that goal.

Well I don't exactly identify as female half-elven Paladin from Faerun. It's fun playing as one anyway. ;)

I often play a fantasy version of myself.

I am a talker person, so I often put in tons of points into charisma and intelligence or play as a very hybrid character.

For example in Gothic even I played as a Guard/Mage.
In Fallout I always add tons of points into intelligence.

I rarely play fully-combat characters.

Back
Top Bottom