Which Upcoming RPG Are You Most Anticipating?

Which Upcoming RPG Most Appeals to You?

• Arcania: Gothic 4

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • Two Worlds II

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Fallout New Vegas

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Deus Ex Human Revolution

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Other (sure, go ahead and specify!)

Votes: 20 29.4%

• Total voters

Crispy

Disgusting Thing
Look, ma! I'm contributing!

No, seriously, this is a real post. Not trying to stir up any stuff here; just wanted to get a feeling for RPG Watch's appetites a little.

Plus I'd like to stir some stuff up. Nah, j/k.

So, which?

I completely dropped the habit of anticipating games, since I found that games I anticipate tend to disappoint me. On the other hand games I didn't anticipate do positively surprise me from time to time.

So I have the habit to wait for the comments of those people who need to play every game at the first day and to then decide unhurriedly what to buy. :cool:

I have to say, after reading that Deus Ex 3 preview that Thrasher was so kind to provide, I think it may be my choice for best of the next.

Hope it's not too popamole, though. ;)

Well, thank you for the reply. Care to elaborate on your choice?

And for those of you who voted Other, why no mention of what you meant specifically as a comment? What good does a vote like that do if no one knows which game you mean?

You guys certainly run a different kinda ship over here. :)

The Witcher 2 it is. The first one pretty much rules in my book and I really enjoy the setting and tone.

Fallout 3 was so so, hopefully Obsidian will infuse New Vegas with positive surprises. Debates will be furious, no doubt.
Human Revolution is kinda off radar for me so far. Being a Blade Runner fan I rather welcome the art direction shift from the original though.
Two Worlds 2 so far seems like an overly ambitious project ready to crash and I´m still quite not convinced there actually is an ArcaniA game.

Maybe all these games will rock in the end, but The Witcher 2 is the only one I´m really holding my breath for at the moment.

Last edited:
I'm cheating a bit, but I haven't purchased Eschalon2 yet, so I can say I'm still anticipating it. The next two after that aren't really RPGs--Puzzle Quest 2 and Elemental. I've got to admit, though, that I'm so buried in DDO right now (which I didn't expect to enjoy much) that my radar has shrank tremendously.

Hmm, well.

Deus Ex was never much of a CRPG - but of the games listed, it's probably the one I'm looking forward to the most.

I'm somewhat excited for Two Worlds 2 and ArcaniA - but both games feel like they could just as easily disappoint severely.

For some reason, I trust that DE3 will be pretty good.

Are there no "heavy" RPGs coming out at all? Besides The Witcher 2, which isn't for me.

Well, thank you for the reply. Care to elaborate on your choice?
Sure. The Witcher was the game I enjoyed most in the last years. Great story, great setting, good dialogs, relatively enjoyable gameplay, very good conclusion. The only negative thing I can say is that it sometimes had a bit too much of boring filler combat, but that's acceptable for me, given the rest was excellent. All this means that I will be happy with a similar game that picks up the story where the first game ended.

Age of Decadence and The Witcher 2 (why the hell didn't you include them when making this poll? I mean - you're a Codexer, how COULD you NOT include AoD in the list?!). Well, I'd also like to see how new Deus Ex and FO will turn out but I'm not much interested in them.

I've got to admit, though, that I'm so buried in DDO right now (which I didn't expect to enjoy much) that my radar has shrank tremendously.

Which server? I've still got my capped fighter on Cannith but I definitely got burned out on the whole thing. Grinding really sucks.

The Witcher 2, because:

Sure. The Witcher was the game I enjoyed most in the last years. Great story, great setting, good dialogs, relatively enjoyable gameplay, very good conclusion. The only negative thing I can say is that it sometimes had a bit too much of boring filler combat, but that's acceptable for me, given the rest was excellent. All this means that I will be happy with a similar game that picks up the story where the first game ended.

Age of Decadence and The Witcher 2 (why the hell didn't you include them when making this poll? I mean - you're a Codexer, how COULD you NOT include AoD in the list?!).

A) I have no faith in VD ;)

and

B) The Witcher II is so far off that there seemed no point in including it.

In the MMO part I'm looking forward to FF XIV, SW:TOR and Guild Wars 2. On the pure RPG part I'm looking forward to Drakensang 2

1) Witcher 2
2) Deus Ex HR
3) Two Worlds 2 , Arcania, Fallout New Vegas

Haven't even gotten around to *last*years most anticipated rpgs. But I'm playing Eschalon Book 2 atm so I can anticipate the free add-on that's supposedly coming this summer, and Witcher 2. Also Elemental, since I'm mostly about the fantasy/strategy thing.

I have to say Two Worlds 2.

Deus Ex looks good too, though.

Well, I can't really vote. I'm too busy with the pile of already released games I have yet to play.

By the time I'll have finished them, those upcoming games will be, well, no longer upcoming. :)

Definitely The Witcher 2.

FO:New Vegas is a distant 2nd, and then Arcania and Two Worlds 2.

I'd be anticipating Deus Ex 3, but I'm too afraid of being disappointed with that one.

Back
Top Bottom