|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Waylanders - Goblin Companion

Default The Waylanders - Goblin Companion

November 14th, 2018, 16:24
In the latest update, we learn that a Goblin companion will be added to The Waylanders.

The Goblins are cute, magical creatures intrinsically tied to nature. They wear outfits and masks made of bark, sticks, and leather.

Sometimes people don’t realize that they are speaking to a goblin- at first glance, they often look like children wearing costumes and playing pretend.

Adult goblins still move like children- they often run, jump, or skip instead of walking like proper human adults. Their high pitch voices and playful nature also contribute to this common misconception.

They are pranksters, and will do whatever they can in order to give themselves and their friends a good laugh… sometimes without realizing the harm they can cause. If they do hurt someone, they’ll feel bad about it. But empathetic foresight is uh… not their strong suit.

Despite this, goblins are clever and relatively mature. They are capable rogues and explorers, and they are brilliant at lightening the mood when necessary. Basically, they’re good people to have around in any adventuring party.

The largest population of goblins exists in the beautiful coastal city of Aunes, so many of them are used to sunlight, the ocean, and a calm lifestyle. The possibility of joining an adventure that could take them out of their comfort zone and allow them to experience new, fun places with totally different surroundings would be of great interest to many goblins.

Now that you know about this new race, we’ll like to give you a little present: a goblin companion will be include in the game for free!
More information.
--
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams
There are no facts, only interpretations. Nietzsche
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go. Oscar Wilde

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)

November 14th, 2018, 16:24
With just a bit more than $6K to go and 56 hours, it looks like The Waylanders is going to make it.
--
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams
There are no facts, only interpretations. Nietzsche
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go. Oscar Wilde

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)

November 14th, 2018, 18:12
I would agree. Bad timing with them and Realms Beyond basically hitting the pond at the same time, but looks like both will have projects in the future for all of us to enjoy!! This one though, I worried about quite a bit more than the other.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

November 14th, 2018, 18:16
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
I would agree. Bad timing with them and Realms Beyond basically hitting the pond at the same time, but looks like both will have projects in the future for all of us to enjoy!! This one though, I worried about quite a bit more than the other.
If you asked me I was worried more about Realms Beyond but it was funded first.
--
"Praise be to the gaming gods and their holy avatar CD Projekt" - Couchpotato

Check out my RPG News Thread usually updated daily.

Couchpotato

CD Projekt Fanboy

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)

November 14th, 2018, 18:20
Honestly, I never had even a wee bit of concern for Realms Beyond. Waylanders though, it made me twitchy at times.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

November 14th, 2018, 19:21
My concern is neither will achieve true potential.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)

November 15th, 2018, 00:01
Originally Posted by Myrthos View Post
With just a bit more than $6K to go and 56 hours, it looks like The Waylanders is going to make it.
I saw the page at 58h to go or something and it still needed 20k+, this was fast. Anyway, glad to see this funded too. Like I said in the "MS buys Obsidian and inXile" thread, as long as we get indie RPGs regularly, I don't really mind what happens with those two.

Ivanwah

Sentinel

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

November 15th, 2018, 10:08
I didn't back it, but I'm glad to see it funded. I'm curious to see what they come up with.

Capt. Huggy Face

Aging Gamer
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

November 15th, 2018, 10:55
This somehow did not catch my interest (unlike Realms Beyond), but I will be happy to be proven wrong by final product. Just like it happened to me with Pathfinder.

Andrew23

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Waylanders - Goblin Companion