|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Gaming BS of the week

Default Gaming BS of the week

November 9th, 2018, 03:09
Already posted about that almost bs youtube pulled. The ban was lifted later.
The post is above prior to N7 insult video.

About the game… Favorite game… Seriously now. From a few vids I saw, there is absolutely nothing attractive there for me. You do realize I was utterly disappointed with GTA5 - instead of masterpiece everyone and their mother promised, I bought a mediocre bald tyres racing game with a story and pisspoor helicopter controls. If my gut isn't lying, RDR2 is nothing but another overhyped and overrated mediocrity.
--
Toka Koka
joxer is offline

joxer

joxer's Avatar
The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#561

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 19,244
Mentioned: 93 Post(s)

Default 

November 9th, 2018, 03:09
Don't know about him but I have a nice medicine to recommend.

--
"Praise be to the gaming gods and their holy avatar CD Projekt" - Couchpotato

Check out my RPG News Thread usually updated daily.
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
CD Projekt Fanboy

#562

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New England
Posts: 19,014
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

November 9th, 2018, 03:11
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
Already posted about that and the ban was lifted later, the post is above prior to N7 inslut video.
Well shucks I feel like a fool. As I missed it.

Anyway it's bullshit how he got banned for a joke.

Promoting violence in a video game that 80% of the time you shoot people.
--
"Praise be to the gaming gods and their holy avatar CD Projekt" - Couchpotato

Check out my RPG News Thread usually updated daily.
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
CD Projekt Fanboy

#563

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New England
Posts: 19,014
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

Default 

November 9th, 2018, 11:05
I hope he wasn't fired over this mess. The public reaction (imho) was way out of bounds. Perhaps he should be scolded just because the negative reaction is bad for business but fired - absolutely not (imho).

Originally Posted by joxer View Post
Now that's retarded. Instead of discouraging those trolls… Can't believe GOG thinks the lynchmob behavior is acceptable and blessed it.

Open Letter to GOG - The Linko90 Support Thread (now closed):
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/op…t_thread/page1

Petition to bring him back (of course I signed!):
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/br…w_your_support
you is offline

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

#564

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: usa - boston
Posts: 5,875
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)

Default 

November 9th, 2018, 12:00
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Quick update on those GOG Tweets the Community Manager was fired.

loading…


PS: Its the basement troll that scares you again Ripper.

Also here is the Reddit link - https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAct…_manager_over/
Making those tweets were stupid in the same way when some businesses make unwanted virtual signal tweet for the other side. The right thing (for the bottom line) for a business is to stay well away from this mess entirely.
lostforever is offline

lostforever

lostforever's Avatar
SasqWatch

#565

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 4,092
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

Default 

November 10th, 2018, 01:15
Glad I moved out of Chicago as games now have a 9% tax

9% Video Game Tax Starts In 5 Days

loading…
--
"Praise be to the gaming gods and their holy avatar CD Projekt" - Couchpotato

Check out my RPG News Thread usually updated daily.
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
CD Projekt Fanboy

#566

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New England
Posts: 19,014
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

Default 

November 10th, 2018, 02:48
Holy crap - a special taxes just for games ? How do they determine if a program is a game or something other type of program ?

Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Glad I moved out of Chicago as games now have a 9% tax

9% Video Game Tax Starts In 5 Days

loading…
you is offline

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

#567

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: usa - boston
Posts: 5,875
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)

Default 

November 10th, 2018, 13:12
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
For the xth time. Videogame dolls are not real people. Those dolls don't eat, sleep, shit nor think and cannot ever be permanently "killed", can only be deleted by uninstalling the game (okay: and modding on PC).
Stop censoring videogames.
A few weeks ago I was overhearing a talk between two men working in the firm I'm working in. It was in the … what's the word ? .., dressing room where we put on our clothes that can get dirty, to protect our normal, non-worker clothes under that.

Both were talking how they were using guns, killed several people, using several guns, and how muxch better some guns were for killing than other guns. And big the explosions were, how many people were killed and how (ashooting right into the face or what it was).

THe other workes there also heared that. And they are to a great deal mentally ill people. Yes, the form is a firm in which mostly ill people work in. To a great deal mentally ill people, but also disabled / handicapped people.

Now, that was dangerous, I thought. Wha, if one of our mentally ill people was not able to see that their talk about killing lots of people was from a video game ß What if our mentally ill workers believed that what they had done was done in RL ? What if some of our mentaly ill workers actually believes now that "if they can use guns so freely in public, it is for everyone acceptable to do so, including me" ?

Joxer, I call what I quoted above for BS, because you assume a level of self-awareness that most people just don't have. And I'm a bit scared by you ignoring Anders Breivoik, who literally said he was usingshooting games with the purpose of desensitization himself. At least that's what I had read in an newspaper at that time. (Wikipedia doesn't seem to have that, only that he did play shooter games for "practising gun skills"). What's in there is that he played WOW for 1 year as some kind of training.

What I don't see with all defenders of games which include "virtual violence" is, that they are unable to emphasize into people and assume that people might not be able to distinguish between reality and "video game reality". Plus, my old argument that we cannot say whether our unconscious part of ourselfs is able to distinguish between reality and "video game reality". We just can't. But what gets learned there wents into parts of view as well. We just cannot control it.

What I often see is that more sensitive people's views are downplayed and often openly attacked. Things like "This cannot be" or other ways to question what more sensitive actually sense. It's often as of concreteheads were claiming that THEIR way of perceiving reality was THE ONLY way of perceiving reality.

I tend to believe that desensitization with videoi games actually works. I can say that because I still sense that, feel that, if I would try to kill a "doll", as you say it, in a video game. I do not believe that I'm desensitized yet, because I can still sense it.

What I often see as well are people who are saying that I - or other more sensitive people - "should get over it", "one has to be hard", "one has to let go all sensitivity" and, more recently, from another fellow worker, "are you a man or a woman ?" He is of Turkish origin, and I suspect that this question comes from that culture. When I was saying to him that i hate that loud screeching sound of metal on/against metal when some of our workers were using the pallet transporter, I was asked by him : "Are you a man or a woman ?" I therefore assume that "being a man" means "not to be sensitive at all" and a woman means "to be sensitive" PLUS that being a woman is inferuior to being a man. A man should not be sensitive, according to Machismo.

More and more I fail to see games without violence on the PC platform. The platform has evolved into an "Machismo platform, according to that, because it shows us, delivers to us and trains us into desinsitizartion game. Games in which one is trained NOT to be sensitive. Well, I don't even see games in which the opposite happens ! : Games which shows and trains us to be more sensitive ! Like those Thief games. No shooter gamer would like them. Because they require a lvel of sensitivity I suspect modern, younger games are even unable to.

And the more desinsitization takes place, the more violent our society becomes, I suspect. We already see that in the newspapers here. Young people (up to 30s) do acts of violence imposible to older generations.

Once, I even read an newspaper article of a robber gang. 3 young men. Their description was very much like that of a game trinity : Tank, damage dealer, healer, I thought, because of the guns these RL robbers used. Close range weapon, long range weapon, I don't remember the third anymore. Scary that game strategies go into RL that easily.
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)
Alrik Fassbauer is offline

Alrik Fassbauer

Alrik Fassbauer's Avatar
TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#568

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Old Europe
Posts: 18,196
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Default 

November 11th, 2018, 03:05
Blizzard says they are moving best developers to mobile games.

loading…
--
"Praise be to the gaming gods and their holy avatar CD Projekt" - Couchpotato

Check out my RPG News Thread usually updated daily.
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
CD Projekt Fanboy

#569

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New England
Posts: 19,014
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

Default 

November 11th, 2018, 03:11
Thank goodness Blizzard has been dead to me for years already, because, if not, this news surely would have done it!
Carnifex is offline

Carnifex

SasqWatch

#570

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ormond Beach, FL.
Posts: 7,697
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

Default 

November 11th, 2018, 03:18
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
Thank goodness Blizzard has been dead to me for years already, because, if not, this news surely would have done it!
I wonder if today is April Fools with this and the Microsoft announcement.
--
"Praise be to the gaming gods and their holy avatar CD Projekt" - Couchpotato

Check out my RPG News Thread usually updated daily.
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
CD Projekt Fanboy

#571

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New England
Posts: 19,014
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

Default 

November 11th, 2018, 03:28
Looks like Leonard Boyarsky saw the writing on the wall.
Drithius is offline

Drithius

Drithius's Avatar
Laughing Gnome

#572

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 4,484
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Default 

November 11th, 2018, 03:33
Originally Posted by Drithius View Post
Looks like Leonard Boyarsky saw the writing on the wall.
He did but isn't his new game is trouble now?
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
I also forgot don't Obsidian have another game with Take 2, and it's being made by Fallout co-creators Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky. Is it now canceled also?

Link - https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2…ivate-division
--
"Praise be to the gaming gods and their holy avatar CD Projekt" - Couchpotato

Check out my RPG News Thread usually updated daily.
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
CD Projekt Fanboy

#573

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New England
Posts: 19,014
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

Default 

November 14th, 2018, 15:20
The game awards 2018 nominations, as usual, can't pass without some bullshit.
https://www.pcgamer.com/the-game-awa…een-announced/
Some of it:
- No KCD nomination anywhere
- No Kingmaker nomination anywhere
- No Thronebreaker nomination anywhere
- AC Odyssey nominated as action instead of RPG

At least VC4 made an entry in some niche group.
--
Toka Koka
joxer is offline

joxer

joxer's Avatar
The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#574

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 19,244
Mentioned: 93 Post(s)

Default 

November 14th, 2018, 16:55
I think the bigger piece of BS in this set of games is many console exclusives were nominated by PCgamer.com

Originally Posted by joxer View Post
The game awards 2018 nominations, as usual, can't pass without some bullshit.
https://www.pcgamer.com/the-game-awa…een-announced/
Some of it:
- No KCD nomination anywhere
- No Kingmaker nomination anywhere
- No Thronebreaker nomination anywhere
- AC Odyssey nominated as action instead of RPG

At least VC4 made an entry in some niche group.
you is offline

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

#575

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: usa - boston
Posts: 5,875
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)

Default 

November 16th, 2018, 13:40
Wccftech needs some eyesight checking.
https://wccftech.com/kingdom-hearts-…s-screenshots/
Kingdom Hearts III Looks Gorgeous In Some Brand New Screenshots
If wccftech can't, I'm pretty sure the PC audience can spot the difference between outdated and gorgeous.

Ingame pic:


A pic how a certain character up there would look on PC - and that would be gorgeous:
--
Toka Koka
joxer is offline

joxer

joxer's Avatar
The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#576

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 19,244
Mentioned: 93 Post(s)

Default 

November 17th, 2018, 03:24
loading…
--
"Praise be to the gaming gods and their holy avatar CD Projekt" - Couchpotato

Check out my RPG News Thread usually updated daily.
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
CD Projekt Fanboy

#577

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New England
Posts: 19,014
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

Default 

November 17th, 2018, 16:07
The no disk might make sense; those bluray drives probably cost $15 at the oem level + support cost replacing them under warranty; but maybe they will offer a $50 savings to buyers? Also if it is optional (pick the model with or without); I say go for it !

Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
loading…
you is offline

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

#578

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: usa - boston
Posts: 5,875
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)

Default 

November 18th, 2018, 16:16
Already called out Golden Joystick as bs because the year didn't end yet.
That was before they've distribured awards so now I have to point it as double bs:
https://wccftech.com/golden-joystick-2018-winners/
For those unfamiliar, the Golden Joysticks, also known as People’s Gaming Awards, are one of the longest-running video game awards shows, with 2018 being its 36th year. The winners decided by the general UK public, with millions of votes cast each year.

Game of the Year

Fortnite
Not a(n out of season april fools) joke. Microtransactions' paradise is Golden Joystick's game of the year.

Then again, maybe the problem is in me, maybe it's proper games that suck, maybe I'm too stupid to realize that microtransactions are new Jesus.
--
Toka Koka
joxer is offline

joxer

joxer's Avatar
The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#579

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 19,244
Mentioned: 93 Post(s)

Default 

November 19th, 2018, 09:58
YongYea interviewd Kotaku's Jason Schreier to discuss the Gaming Industry.

loading…
--
"Praise be to the gaming gods and their holy avatar CD Projekt" - Couchpotato

Check out my RPG News Thread usually updated daily.
Last edited by Couchpotato; November 19th, 2018 at 12:06.
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
CD Projekt Fanboy

#580

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New England
Posts: 19,014
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Gaming BS of the week
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 19:21.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright by RPGWatch